04-05-12, 06:58 PM   #1
Toran
A Nerdscale Dorkin

Premium Member
Warlock pet macro - Felguard pursuit / attack

Hi all,

I'm trying to get back into WoW after about 6 months off - when I was in a random dungeon tonight, one of my pet macros didn't function like it used to. Hoping you can help. Here it is:

/cast [pet:succubus]Lash of Pain; [pet:voidwalker,combat]Sacrifice;[pet:felhunter]Spell Lock;[pet:Imp, target=player]Flee;[pet:felguard]Pursuit

The issue I noticed is with Felguard out. I used to hit the macro hotkey and even if Pursuit was on cooldown, it would cause him to attack the target. Tonight, I noticed that if Pursuit was on cooldown, he wouldn't move when I hit this macro. Any idea what I need to tweak to get my felguard to attack even if pursuit is on cooldown when this macro is pressed?

Thanks very much.

Last edited by Toran : 04-05-12 at 07:05 PM.
04-05-12, 07:13 PM   #2
Toran
A Nerdscale Dorkin

Premium Member
Well it seems just adding

/petattack

to the end helped

Only other thing I'm wondering is how to make the /petattack command only apply to the Felguard, again, when pursuit is on cooldown. For ex, I don't want my Felhunter to attack after I hit the macro - only the Felguard.

Last edited by Toran : 04-06-12 at 02:42 PM.
10-16-12, 04:06 AM   #3
Digital_Utopia
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The way to do that is to simply make Pursuit the default action, by removing the felguard conditional - so that if none of the other conditions are true, it just falls through to casting Pursuit, and /petattack.

So, it would be something like this:

Code:
/cast [pet:succubus]Lash of Pain; [pet:voidwalker,combat]Sacrifice;[pet:felhunter]Spell Lock;[pet:Imp, target=player]Flee;
/petattack
/cast Pursuit
This way, what will happen - is if any of the above conditions are met - (i.e. succubus, voidwalker, etc), it will cast the appropriate spell. However, if none of those are true, it will "fall through" to the default actions: /petattack /cast Pursuit.

I'm currently using this technique for my mount button - so depending on where I am, and what modifier (ctrl, alt, shift) key I'm pressing, it will call either the seahorse, ground mount, or flying mount. However, if I'm already mounted and click that button, it will dismount me instead. Like the above code, after all the nomounted, flying allowed, Vashj'ir checks, at the very end, I just added /dismount.
10-16-12, 07:24 AM   #4
efindel
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
/petattack takes options, so try this:

/petattack [pet:felguard]

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Macro Help » Warlock pet macro - not working like it used to