Unread 06-01-12, 01:43 AM   #1
Phanx
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hide quoted text in comment lists

In "excerpt lists" showing an overview of comments -- such as the "AddOn Comments" box on the main AddOns page or the "Latest Comments" section on author pages -- the single-line excerpt for comment that start with a quote show text from inside the quote, instead of the actual text of the comment. This is less than ideal, especially when there's an extended exchange going on.

See also:

Probably whatever generates the summary should ignore anything inside [­QUOTE­] tags.
Please don’t PM me about addon bugs or code questions. Post a comment or forum thread instead!
Phanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-12, 11:40 AM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Thanks for the picture explaining what is going on. Yeah I should strip out everything from the quote tags when making the preview. I'll bug it.

Thanks again
Dolby is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-12, 04:22 AM   #3
Phanx
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Just noticed that some raw BBCode is getting displayed on the front page "new comments" list; I assume it's related to your fix for hiding comments, since I don't think it used to show up there.

Please don’t PM me about addon bugs or code questions. Post a comment or forum thread instead!
Unread 06-19-14, 07:24 PM   #4
Phanx
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Raw BBCode, and quoted text, are still appearing in the "New Comments" excerpts on the front page. See attached image. I imagine it just never got fixed since I reported it 2 years ago, but I rarely visit the front page, so I haven't exactly noticed. >_>
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wowi-frontpage-comments-showing-bbcode.png
Views:	46
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	8118  

Go BackWoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Hide quoted text in comment lists