11-19-12, 03:37 PM   #441
Adalace
A Murloc Raider

Still eager for your new version! Hope things are going well for you.

12-01-12, 11:46 AM   #442
Caladia
A Defias Bandit
Grabbed a copy that an earlier poster attached and it's really looking nice! It wasn't that bad to figure out the new interface at all. I really look forward to the official release with the few features that don't appear to be in yet.

Great work so far though!

12-04-12, 07:19 PM   #443
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Power auras is broken for me.
When I try to do new display it gives the following error. This makes the addon unusable.
I even tried creating a new profile and it still gave the error.
I also deleted the save file so when powa auras starts up it gives you the whats changed box.
Even then it still gives the error when you click on the display menu.

I have no idea why this broke, but guessing something in the last patch on tuesday.

I did some checking and its related to the icon in a table called items being nil.
I looked at function Dropdown:AddItem(key, icon, value, tooltip) and all the icon values are
nil.

Found a fix here
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...9&so=#comments

5x PowerAurasOptions-5.0.0.P\Widgets\Dropdown.lua:675: attempt to index a nil value
PowerAurasOptions-5.0.0.P\Widgets\Dropdown.lua:675: in function "New"
PowerAurasOptions-5.0.0.P\Main.lua:114: in function "Create"
PowerAurasOptions-5.0.0.P\Widgets\Dropdown.lua:406: in function "PerformLayout"
PowerAurasOptions-5.0.0.P\Widgets\Basic.lua:620: in function "ResumeLayout"
PowerAurasOptions-5.0.0.P\Widgets\Dropdown.lua:320: in function "RefreshMenu"
PowerAurasOptions-5.0.0.P\Widgets\Editor.lua:131: in function "Callback"
PowerAurasOptions-5.0.0.P\Widgets\Editor.lua:851: in function <PowerAurasOptions\Widgets\Editor.lua:834>

Locals:
self = <table> {
GetTriggerTimed = <func> @PowerAuras\Dispatcher.lua:216
CreateCustomTrigger = <func> @PowerAuras\Classes\Triggers\Custom.lua:20
CharacterSettings = <table> {}
LastVersion = <table> {}
GetOwningBarTemplateSet = <func> @PowerAuras\Media.lua:23
SPELL_MATCH_TRIGGER_TYPE = 32
ZoneTypes = <table> {}
GetFontPath = <func> @PowerAuras\Media.lua:148
CountPairs = <func> @PowerAuras\Utils.lua:59
PrintDebug = <func> @PowerAuras\Main.lua:525
DecodeString = <func> @PowerAuras\Utils.lua:800
CopyTable = <func> @PowerAuras\Utils.lua:40
ResourceLoadMessageTypes = <table> {}
MAX_STATE_BUFFERS = 2
MAX_ACTIONS_PER_AURA = 127
CreateAnimationEditor = <func> @PowerAurasOptions\Widgets\Editor\Displays\Animations.lua:227
DecodeMatch = <func> @PowerAuras\Utils.lua:675
ValidateServiceClass = <func> @PowerAuras\Types\Services\Interface.lua:300
HasServiceClass = <func> @PowerAuras\Types\Services\Interface.lua:89
UnloadLayouts = <func> @PowerAuras\Types\Layouts\Loader.lua:97
RegisterModule = <func> @PowerAuras\Main.lua:624
SpellIDLookup = <table> {}
DefaultIcon = "Icons\TEMP"
ImportProfile = <func> @PowerAuras\Types\Profiles\Variables.lua:94
HasLayout = <func> @PowerAuras\Types\Layouts\Variables.lua:64
GetLoadedProvider = <func> @PowerAuras\Types\Services\Loader.lua:10
StartTime = 1000632.82
GetDisplaySoundAction = <func> @PowerAurasOptions\Widgets\Editor\Displays\DisplaySound.lua:100
PointTypes = <table> {}
GetAuraProviderCount = <func> @PowerAuras\Types\Services\Variables.lua:126
GetCurrentProfile = <func> @PowerAuras\Types\Profiles\Loader.lua:36
FormatString = <func> @PowerAuras\Utils.lua:186
CreateAuraActionSequence = <func> @PowerAuras\Types\Sequences\Variables.lua:7
ReloadCustomTrigger = <func> @PowerAuras\Classes\Triggers\Custom.lua:174
IterServiceInterfaces = <func> @PowerAuras\Types\Services\Interface.lua:151
DeleteTriggeredAnimation = <func> @PowerAuras\Types\..\Variables.lua:120
GetLoadedActionData = <func> @PowerAuras\Types\Actions\Loader.lua:101
GetFontSets = <func> @PowerAuras\Media.lua:171
MarkActionDependentProviders = <func> @PowerAuras\Dispatcher.lua:816
Throttle = <table> {}
DisconnectParameterHandler = <func> @PowerAurasOptions\Variables.lua:63
HasAuraActionTrigger = <func> @PowerAuras\Types\Triggers\Variables.lua:160
IterServiceClasses = <func> @PowerAuras\Types\Services\Interface.lua:120
MAX_REAL_AURAS_PER_PROFILE = 510
MarkTriggerType = <func> @PowerAuras\Dispatcher.lua:838
GetTooltipLines = <func> @PowerAuras\Utils.lua:738
GetLoadedProviders = <func> @PowerAuras\Types\Services\Loader.lua:15
IsProviderLoaded = <func> @PowerAuras\Types\Services\Loader.lua:21
GetAuras = <func> @PowerAuras\Types\Auras\Variables.lua:210
UnloadLayout = <func> @PowerAuras\Types\Layouts\Loader.lua:81
LoadDisplay = <func> @PowerAuras\Types\Displays\Loader.lua:72
GetAura = <func> @PowerAuras\Types\Auras\Variables.lua:197
GetAllProfiles = <functi

Last edited by galvin : 12-04-12 at 08:34 PM.

12-04-12, 08:40 PM   #444
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
This version should have the fixes from the last version plus the new fix to add display.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Powa5.1.zip (9.81 MB, 3234 views)

12-05-12, 12:56 AM   #445
420psilo
A Murloc Raider
This Version seriously....SERIOUSLY... needs to be released to the world. Its superior in every way. If people are so stuck on the old version for w/e reason its being unofficially maintained by a very dedicated author. i was fortunate enuff to get my hands on this 5.0 when it was up. A HUGE thank You for the fix you have provided here. i was so worried when it was having issues in 5.1. I would do anything needed to help get it off the ground. fix works great. Happy 5.1 Power Aura User I am once again.

12-05-12, 01:11 AM   #446
420psilo
A Murloc Raider
O one thing i did fix on my own. in the folder Powerauras/Classes/Triggers/Stances.lua

I noticed that the paladin Seal Seal of Justice was missing. i added

["SEAL_OF_JUSTICE"] = bit.bor(3, StanceClasses["PALADIN"], 0x80),
on line 56

[3] = 20164, -- Seal of Justice
on line 90

["SEAL_OF_JUSTICE"] =20164,
on line 130

Hope everyone is enjoying this addon as much as i am. thx for all your hard work guys.

12-05-12, 04:34 PM   #447
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
Originally Posted by 420psilo View Post
This Version seriously....SERIOUSLY... needs to be released to the world. Its superior in every way. If people are so stuck on the old version for w/e reason its being unofficially maintained by a very dedicated author. i was fortunate enuff to get my hands on this 5.0 when it was up. A HUGE thank You for the fix you have provided here. i was so worried when it was having issues in 5.1. I would do anything needed to help get it off the ground. fix works great. Happy 5.1 Power Aura User I am once again.
The author said he was going to release a new version, but that was 2 months ago. So who knows whats going on.

12-07-12, 01:32 AM   #448
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
Anyone been having problems with stacks working. I have several auras that use stacks and they stopped working. The aura pops up, but the stacks just stays at 0. Also timers been staying stuck at 99.

Last edited by galvin : 12-07-12 at 01:44 AM.

12-07-12, 09:35 AM   #449
tehfm
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by galvin View Post
Anyone been having problems with stacks working. I have several auras that use stacks and they stopped working. The aura pops up, but the stacks just stays at 0. Also timers been staying stuck at 99.
No, it seems to be working. I don't use stacks that much, so I set up a test aura on the paladins Censure debuff, and it worked with both the stacks and a timer.

You haven't managed to invert the aura by mistake somehow? That usually gets the effect you are describing.

12-10-12, 07:22 PM   #450
420psilo
A Murloc Raider
i noticed some of my stacks were messing up, for some reason it works if you change the stacks to the 'tooltip 1' or 'tooltip 2' or 'stacks' when i changed i got mine to work again.

12-17-12, 06:52 AM   #451
TylerGamer84
A Kobold Labourer
Is this a known issue/bug or do I just have something configured incorrectly here? I have timers set up for my shaman's totem, but it won't show them if I have more than one totem down.

Example: I drop a fire totem and the timer is there, but if I drop a water totem it goes away until the water totem is gone. This even happens if they are fake totems with the Totemic Encirclement minor glyph.

12-17-12, 07:29 PM   #452
tehfm
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by TylerGamer84 View Post
Is this a known issue/bug or do I just have something configured incorrectly here? I have timers set up for my shaman's totem, but it won't show them if I have more than one totem down.

Example: I drop a fire totem and the timer is there, but if I drop a water totem it goes away until the water totem is gone. This even happens if they are fake totems with the Totemic Encirclement minor glyph.
I'm not sure I would call it a bug, it's more like it's not working as one might expect.

Assuming you are using the "Totems" trigger and for the fire totem you have in "Slot 1" selected "Any" and for the other three slots "None". For the water totem you have in "Slot 3" selected "Any" and "None" for the other slots. With that setup it's working like it's intended. With only ONE totem active it will show the aura, if both are active it will fail to match the "None" setting and not show anything.

For a simple "Texture" display you can work around it by selecting the "Any or None" option instead of just "None", but if you have a "Timer" it will always show the shortest time for any of your totems.

The best solution, as far as I can tell, is to use the "Ignore" option instead of "None", with that it will just skip over those slots that are flagged with ignore and not care how much time they have left. The only problem that's left is that there isn't an "Ignore" option... so I made one...

Copy "Totems.lua" to "PowerAuras\Classes\Triggers" and "enUS.lua" to "PowerAurasOptions\Localisation" and you should be set.
Attached Files
File Type: lua Totems.lua (10.6 KB, 609 views)
File Type: lua enUS.lua (16.3 KB, 623 views)

12-18-12, 05:23 PM   #453
Zakhar
A Kobold Labourer
target status check

A nice feature, perhaps, when I click on a target, POWAS does a check for a buff/debuff as soon as i click on a target, and/or continues monitoring for certain buffs/debuffs on that target while targeted. New interface looks great btw.

12-18-12, 07:42 PM   #454
tehfm
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Zakhar View Post
A nice feature, perhaps, when I click on a target, POWAS does a check for a buff/debuff as soon as i click on a target, and/or continues monitoring for certain buffs/debuffs on that target while targeted. New interface looks great btw.
If I'm understanding you correctly, you already have that feature with the "Unit Buff/Debuff" trigger. You just select "Target" instead of "Player" for what unit to check.

12-22-12, 07:04 PM   #455
Nesaru
A Kobold Labourer
Turn auras on/off by spec?

Hooray, thank you for updating this addon! The new UI seems to be a lot more intuitive than the original, but I'm having problems finding a few things (possibly they haven't been implemented yet).

Is there a way to turn auras on/off based on spec? (heck, or a manual override to turn it off - can't find the correct area to do this)

Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited by Nesaru : 12-22-12 at 07:39 PM.

01-01-13, 07:51 AM   #456
tehfm
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Nesaru View Post
Hooray, thank you for updating this addon!
Not sure how much I'll be updating it, as I'm not the original author. I will probably keep it working as I don't feel like switching to another addon.

Originally Posted by Nesaru View Post
Is there a way to turn auras on/off based on spec? (heck, or a manual override to turn it off - can't find the correct area to do this)
Use the "Specialization" trigger for that. Go to "Support Triggers" and then hit the left arrow a few times or use the "Advanced Editor" and then add a "New Trigger" and change the type to "Specialization". If you use the "Advanced Editor" just don't forget to edit the "Trigger Operation" field, so the trigger actually triggers.

01-07-13, 04:07 PM   #457
Taure
A Defias Bandit
custom sounds

Has anyone been able to get custom sounds to work? I get the same results as this... http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/pow...-custom-sounds

Meorawr posted there that it had/would be fixed in the next release but that was around the time that he stopped posting releases. I've been using PA 5 since beta and only hit one other bug so far and that bug is new since the last WoW patch. Would love to get the custom sounds working.

So far I think the new version is great and is/will be way more powerful than the classic. Hope the project is still on going, been awhile since any word from Meorawr

01-07-13, 10:35 PM   #458
tehfm
A Murloc Raider
Custom sounds fix

Originally Posted by Taure View Post
Has anyone been able to get custom sounds to work? I get the same results as this... http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/pow...-custom-sounds
In "PowerAuras/Classes/Actions/Sound.lua" on line 55 add...

Code:
soundbox.OnValueUpdated:Connect(callback);
The paths on the sound tab should now be saved when you hit enter.

01-09-13, 04:59 PM   #459
Tseran
A Kobold Labourer

Originally Posted by Jswinson2006 View Post
Is there a way to use the spell icons like in the last Power aura addon? I haven't been able to figure it out. Thanks..
Originally Posted by Meorawr View Post
Weird, I can't seem to get the Advanced Options to show up on my Style box. Is there something I am missing? There is a button I see called "Use Buff/Debuff Texture" on the straight Style section, but as soon as I click it, it vanishes.

01-09-13, 05:00 PM   #460
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
Has anyone been able to get blend to work with timers or stacks. I place a stack count over the aura. And no matter what I set it to, default, glow, mod. It always has a black box behind the number when its actually used. In edit mode it works correctly, but when it works for real it doesn't.

Wish the author was still around. Shame dev stopped on this.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Archived Beta Forums » MoP Beta archived threads » Power Auras Classic 5.0