Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-31-12, 04:40 AM   #41
Lyoo
A Fallenroot Satyr
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 21
just tried it again.. this update sadly does nothing for me... it still dont work
Lyoo is offline  
Unread 08-31-12, 05:10 AM   #42
firemage123
A Kobold Labourer
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1
carbo

same here for me
firemage123 is offline  
Unread 08-31-12, 05:35 AM   #43
Xrystal
nUI User and Supporter
 
Xrystal's Avatar
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,047
Are you downloading from the official download page or did you bookmark his download link when he posted earlier.

If the former then that would be why as this is a fan update he is doing and thus he is unable to update the download page on this site. Contact him by pm and i am sure he will let you know where you need to download it from until the official devs update it.
__________________
Xrystal is offline  
Unread 08-31-12, 08:37 AM   #44
Stateless573
A Defias Bandit
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3
Not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but It's been happening for me on both of my computers.
And it might only be these 2 zones. It might even be the other addon(Though it worked fine with previous versions of Carbonite)

With Elwynn Forest and Westfall, my waypoint has me going wayy off where I should be going. It might do it with other places aswell, but I haven't gotten there yet. I know it works fine in the Outlands though

The other addon I'm using(The one that's giving me the location for the waypoints) is <snip>

Te be more specific, Westfall quest waypoints are up in Tol Barad Peninsula

Last edited by Haleth : 08-31-12 at 01:54 PM. Reason: removed offsite download link
Stateless573 is offline  
Unread 08-31-12, 10:32 AM   #45
SirPugg
A Murloc Raider
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5
Rythal.. YO DA MAN!!!!!!

I love the fact that it works again (at least as far as i have seen..) I do have one problem, that you may have said how to fix, but i missed it if you did.

The carbonite mini map... If i mouse over it, then it shows all the detail, and is nice and clear... but as SOON as i move the mouse away, the map goes back to the 'area' map (showing the location name, and hiding all the detail...

What i mean is that mouse off, its almost like looking at the continent map... you have the areas showing... mose over the minimap, and it changes to the individual zone map...

Is there a way to stop the transition, and have iot keep itself as zone map until zoomed out?
SirPugg is offline  
Unread 08-31-12, 10:36 AM   #46
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,207
Originally Posted by SirPugg View Post
Rythal.. YO DA MAN!!!!!!

I love the fact that it works again (at least as far as i have seen..) I do have one problem, that you may have said how to fix, but i missed it if you did.

The carbonite mini map... If i mouse over it, then it shows all the detail, and is nice and clear... but as SOON as i move the mouse away, the map goes back to the 'area' map (showing the location name, and hiding all the detail...

What i mean is that mouse off, its almost like looking at the continent map... you have the areas showing... mose over the minimap, and it changes to the individual zone map...

Is there a way to stop the transition, and have iot keep itself as zone map until zoomed out?
check your map transparency settings, more specifically overlay in that menu if I remember right (at work so can't check lol). It's most likely setf for / going to 0 when you mouse out.
Rythal is offline  
Unread 08-31-12, 10:41 AM   #47
SirPugg
A Murloc Raider
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
check your map transparency settings, more specifically overlay in that menu if I remember right (at work so can't check lol). It's most likely setf for / going to 0 when you mouse out.
Like i said, you da man..... the fade out transparency was at 0.2 - so ya.. changed that up to 0.8 and everything is perfect
SirPugg is offline  
Unread 08-31-12, 11:14 AM   #48
aslanruler
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 11
Question

I'm not sure if this is a bug or just something I never really had to change before with Carbonite but I noticed that when I use 'M' to make carb's map full screen and then zoom out to see the whole continent I can no longer mouse over other zones and see the zone map. I can zoom in and see the google detail stuff but not the zone map. I'm not sure if I am describing the problem accurately or if I have my settings messed up or what but I thought I'd put this out there.

Also, thank you so much for making this fan update and I sincerely hope the devs are not mad at you for saving the rest of us Carb fans from the misery of a broken carbonite.
aslanruler is offline  
Unread 08-31-12, 11:17 AM   #49
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,207
Originally Posted by aslanruler View Post
I'm not sure if this is a bug or just something I never really had to change before with Carbonite but I noticed that when I use 'M' to make carb's map full screen and then zoom out to see the whole continent I can no longer mouse over other zones and see the zone map. I can zoom in and see the google detail stuff but not the zone map. I'm not sure if I am describing the problem accurately or if I have my settings messed up or what but I thought I'd put this out there.

Also, thank you so much for making this fan update and I sincerely hope the devs are not mad at you for saving the rest of us Carb fans from the misery of a broken carbonite.
are you using any other addons that do anything with maps? I had this problem during testing because another addon was grabbing map control, even tho carbonite still showed it's map, I couldn't hover over and see the overlay.

The fix was usually /reloadUI to kickstart it working again, until I figured out which addon was causing it to stop.
Rythal is offline  
Unread 08-31-12, 11:27 AM   #50
riktor
A Defias Bandit
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3
Why Would They Put An Update In A Totaly Diffrent Url?

i don't think this is the real carbonite, in fact why would they put an update in a url called
<snip>
BE AWARE PEOPLE DON'T DOWNLOAD THIS!!!
WAIT UNTIL IT'S ON THE WEBSITE IN DOWNLOADS, NOT SOME STRANGE URL YOU NEVER SEEN, PEOPLE WAKE UP AND PAY ATTENTION...... THIS IS PROBABLY A WAY TO GET YOUR PASSWORD IN WOW.




[quote=Rythal;261167]Why this post?
-------------------------
OK! Enough people have been emailing and sending me messages about where to get the new version, that i've created a new topic that I can control the first 2 threads of for it, now you never have to go searching the information will be here.

The File
-------------------------
Carbonite FAN UPDATE 5.04 is located at <snip>

Be sure to virus scan it if you have any concerns, it's always best to be safe no matter how many people before you say they've downloaded it.

Last edited by Haleth : 08-31-12 at 01:53 PM. Reason: removed offsite download link
riktor is offline  
Unread 08-31-12, 11:40 AM   #51
NXVash
A Defias Bandit
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by riktor View Post
i don't think this is the real carbonite, in fact why would they put an update in a url called
<snip>
BE AWARE PEOPLE DON'T DOWNLOAD THIS!!!
WAIT UNTIL IT'S ON THE WEBSITE IN DOWNLOADS, NOT SOME STRANGE URL YOU NEVER SEEN, PEOPLE WAKE UP AND PAY ATTENTION...... THIS IS PROBABLY A WAY TO GET YOUR PASSWORD IN WOW.

/facepalm have you been eating lead paint chips, or are you just retarded?

Last edited by Haleth : 08-31-12 at 01:54 PM. Reason: removed offsite download link>
NXVash is offline  
Unread 08-31-12, 11:42 AM   #52
jarda128
A Cyclonian
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 45
[quote=riktor;261481]i don't think this is the real carbonite, in fact why would they put an update in a url called
<snip>
BE AWARE PEOPLE DON'T DOWNLOAD THIS!!!
WAIT UNTIL IT'S ON THE WEBSITE IN DOWNLOADS, NOT SOME STRANGE URL YOU NEVER SEEN, PEOPLE WAKE UP AND PAY ATTENTION...... THIS IS PROBABLY A WAY TO GET YOUR PASSWORD IN WOW.




Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
Why this post?
-------------------------
OK! Enough people have been emailing and sending me messages about where to get the new version, that i've created a new topic that I can control the first 2 threads of for it, now you never have to go searching the information will be here.

The File
-------------------------
Carbonite FAN UPDATE 5.04 is located at <snip>

Be sure to virus scan it if you have any concerns, it's always best to be safe no matter how many people before you say they've downloaded it.
I know you can be sure enough about anything ...
But there is not executable in that only lua file ...
and that file executed in wow and taht is separated from computer or his resources ...
i know carbonite send information on custom channel for example about new version and ets.
but addon cant to get to your password or any other information ...
i know that u can copy text via clipboard from and to wow for example your guild website ....
But there is no reason to be paranoid,i install a lot programs and only solution is good antivirus and firevall ...
If i was virus writer i would write key simple keyloggerwhich was send your psasword via internet not lua
file which still have got limited access to yout computer in fact not at all ... i think taht si calles sandbox

P.S. If you are still afraid about hacking your account buy authenticator from blizzard

Last edited by Haleth : 08-31-12 at 01:54 PM. Reason: removed offsite download link
jarda128 is offline  
Unread 08-31-12, 12:00 PM   #53
shadow78
A Cliff Giant
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 77
Question

IMO.. if there no update by dev's after oct-nov (after MOp land's) or after Dec 2012 ( license)
Rythal Should be able to upload it to other place's and here as a fan update (at lease)

One of site admin should try get a hold of dev's if possible. if they don't get back to them ( they been active on site as lease without post any info at all) .


(Carbonite is not like most other wow addons, it includes a license that forbid us)
I think by wow new rule's forbid them to to even do this ( not sure myself)
and by blizzards new rule the lua should be easy to read and understand ( again not sure )

I can't live out Carbonite And I Thank Rythal for taking a big chance and doing a fan update.
Like him I hope the dev's come back and update.... and even maybe let Rythal join there team

Last edited by shadow78 : 08-31-12 at 12:03 PM. Reason: typo
shadow78 is offline  
Unread 08-31-12, 12:10 PM   #54
SirPugg
A Murloc Raider
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by riktor View Post
i don't think this is the real carbonite, in fact why would they put an update in a url called
[url]<snip>
BE AWARE PEOPLE DON'T DOWNLOAD THIS!!!
WAIT UNTIL IT'S ON THE WEBSITE IN DOWNLOADS, NOT SOME STRANGE URL YOU NEVER SEEN, PEOPLE WAKE UP AND PAY ATTENTION...... THIS IS PROBABLY A WAY TO GET YOUR PASSWORD IN WOW.
You sir, win this weeks Darwin Award

Last edited by Haleth : 08-31-12 at 01:54 PM. Reason: removed offsite download link
SirPugg is offline  
Unread 08-31-12, 12:19 PM   #55
shadow78
A Cliff Giant
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 77
Question

uh I just check there main site

http://www.carboniteaddon.com/index.shtml
on the bottom of page

Copyright (c) 2007-2011 Carbon Based Creations, LLC


2011
shadow78 is offline  
Unread 08-31-12, 01:18 PM   #56
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,207
they haven't updated the webpage, but it still remains they retain all rights to the addon just by creating it. In fact, it's been less then a year since they last updated it.

As for the concern there is a virus in it, if you are concerned then don't install it.. it's that simple. I'm not holding hands, or forcing anyone to use it, I updated it for myself because I couldn't live without it and thought i'd be kind and share it, but ask yourself this ... if there was a virus in it, do you really think the link would of lasted all week here on the forums, someone would of discovered it and reported it.

Yes I could play bait and switch, but there are just lua files inside the zip, and it will remain that way. As far as I know there is no way for an lua script run inside of WoW to get your personal information, if this is wrong i'd love to be shown or told otherwise, because it would be the end of me trusting / using any addon... i'm very paranoid about security.

As for people trying to get in contact with the developers, so we can get this cleared up... various people who have better contact details then forum messages are trying, it just hasn't worked yet.

---

and as an addendum, I never intended the link to be anywhere else besides wowinterface... but this is the digital age, and keeping something in one place is impossible... if you google search the link it's everywhere now. (any my poor server & 1M upload bandwidth is screaming in agony lol). virtxchange is a computer sitting right beside me, that normally does nothing but handle my tv recording. If there was anything malicious about it, someone, somewhere would of caught it. I may be a decent programmer, but i'm not that good ><.

Last edited by Rythal : 08-31-12 at 01:40 PM.
Rythal is offline  
Unread 08-31-12, 01:22 PM   #57
Stateless573
A Defias Bandit
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by riktor View Post
i don't think this is the real carbonite, in fact why would they put an update in a url called
<snip>
BE AWARE PEOPLE DON'T DOWNLOAD THIS!!!
WAIT UNTIL IT'S ON THE WEBSITE IN DOWNLOADS, NOT SOME STRANGE URL YOU NEVER SEEN, PEOPLE WAKE UP AND PAY ATTENTION...... THIS IS PROBABLY A WAY TO GET YOUR PASSWORD IN WOW.
If people only use websites they trust, then no one will ever be able to successfully make a new website... ever.

And no, it's not the real carbonite.. well.. it is, it just wasn't an update by the official developers. it still uses all of the things that the official carbonite addon installed.

Last edited by Haleth : 08-31-12 at 01:55 PM. Reason: removed offsite download link
Stateless573 is offline  
Unread 08-31-12, 01:36 PM   #58
Dethedrus
A Defias Bandit
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by riktor View Post
i don't think this is the real carbonite, in fact why would they put an update in a url called
<snip>
BE AWARE PEOPLE DON'T DOWNLOAD THIS!!!
WAIT UNTIL IT'S ON THE WEBSITE IN DOWNLOADS, NOT SOME STRANGE URL YOU NEVER SEEN, PEOPLE WAKE UP AND PAY ATTENTION...... THIS IS PROBABLY A WAY TO GET YOUR PASSWORD IN WOW.
Wow.

You need help.

The caps lock key is for occasion capitalization, not for all of our posting needs.

Last edited by Haleth : 08-31-12 at 01:55 PM. Reason: removed offsite download link
Dethedrus is offline  
Unread 08-31-12, 01:57 PM   #59
Haleth
This Space For Rent
 
Haleth's Avatar
WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,173
There is absolutely no reason for anyone to insult each other. People are rightly concerned about security (although there is no need for caps).

I'll leave this topic open but please keep a friendly attitude.

Last edited by Haleth : 08-31-12 at 02:34 PM.
Haleth is offline  
Unread 08-31-12, 02:39 PM   #60
jarda128
A Cyclonian
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 45
fan update of carbonite

haleth:
What must do Rythal to legally release of his fan update ?
When off-site link is not allowed,what about attachment with his message ?
Do you someone talk with developers ? what is their opinion ?
jarda128 is offline  
 

Go BackWoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite 5.04

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off