08-25-12, 12:23 AM   #1
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
A Mishmash of Mentions

Today we have a number of different things to mention to everyone. First, for the authors - we have enabled the 5.0.x-compliant flag. If your addons are ready to go for 5.0.x you can now tag the live versions as such. Also, given that the intended purpose of the author beta keys is specifically so you can get your addons ready for the big patch, we will no longer be assigning keys as of now.

Next, for everyone - with 5.0.4 slated to go live next Tuesday (28 August 2012) we have multiple ways for you to keep track of what addons have been made 5.0.x compliant. You can check our MoP AddOn Survival Guide to see which of the top addons have been updated either here or on Curse. You can also check the latest 200 MoP-compliant new and updated list, the MoP beta download category, as well as getting emails whenever your favourite addons are updated (if you have that option enabled).

Blizzard has posted that with the upcoming release of patch 5.0.4, all items within the Logs directory for World of Warcraft will be deleted. If is advised that if you have any Combat Logs or Chat Logs that you want to save, you need to do so prior to the release of the patch.

Finally, Blizzard has also posted a Survival Guide of their own.

Originally Posted by Bashiok
With the release of Patch 5.0.4, a number of features and changes that aren’t strictly in the continent of Pandaria will be added to the game. I’ve drummed up this guide (with the help of a lot of other people) to ensure you’re prepared for the patch, aware of how it will impact your characters and experience, and ultimately get you into and enjoying the improvements the patch brings as quickly as possible.
You should take the time to check it out so you will be ready when the patch goes live next week.

I think that’s about it for now. If you haven’t already, you should also make sure to take part in our 10th Anniversary Celebrations!

Like & Follow us on... Facebook Twitter Google+

Last edited by Cairenn : 08-27-12 at 03:39 PM.
08-25-12, 11:54 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
For those of you who would like to enable email notifications, but aren't quite sure how, here it is in 3 easy steps!

FIRST: you need to be saving your favorite addons to your favorites list!
On each addon's download page, there is an "Add Favorite" button right below the big "Download" button.
SECOND: visit your favorites list on the site.
This is where you can see if any of your favorite addons have been updated. Not sure how to get here? Hover your mouse over your username in the top-right of any page on the site. This will open a dropdown menu with "My Favorites" as the second entry.
THIRD: change your email setting in Preferences.
The "Preferences" link is in the left-hand column of your Favorites page. On the Preferences page, the very first setting is for your email notifications. Be sure to click the "Update Preferences" button at the bottom to save!
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-25-12, 01:33 PM   #3
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
A couple of my addons in the Outdated Mods category had been incorrectly flagged as Cataclysm 4.3-compliant during the multiversion flags change, I corrected this, but just a reminder for other authors to check these flags on their outdated addons too.

Edit: I've done more testing and it's localized to the Manage Addon page. When no compatibilities are enabled in the addon, it selects "4.3" by default. For now, to check the current flags set, there's a "Compatibility" field in the "File Info" table of the addon pages. The field will be missing if the addon has no flags checked.

Last edited by SDPhantom : 08-25-12 at 01:48 PM.
08-25-12, 04:31 PM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Okay, Dolby thinks he has it fixed now. Let us know if there are any problems.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

Last edited by Cairenn : 08-25-12 at 05:50 PM.
08-25-12, 09:45 PM   #5
Jarod24
A Theradrim Guardian
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Okay, Dolby thinks he has it fixed now. Let us know if there are any problems.

Still only listed as 4.3 when i have checked for both 5.0.4 and 4.3 compatible on my addons.

Addons: IfThen, CompressMacro, SetGuildRank.
08-25-12, 09:56 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It lists them under "File Info", but not up by the download name.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-26-12, 02:40 AM   #7
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Jarod24 View Post
Still only listed as 4.3 when i have checked for both 5.0.4 and 4.3 compatible on my addons.
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
It lists them under "File Info", but not up by the download name.
Reiterating:
Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
To check the current flags set, there's a "Compatibility" field in the "File Info" table of the addon pages. The field will be missing if the addon has no flags checked.

Also note the compatibility display in the title bar is only meant to show it's compatible with the current version, which until Tuesday, is still 4.3. For now, if 4.3 is unchecked, nothing will be in that spot. This differs from the list found in the File Info table that shows all versions checked.

Last edited by SDPhantom : 08-26-12 at 02:43 AM.
08-26-12, 04:36 AM   #8
Jarod24
A Theradrim Guardian
Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
Reiterating:

Also note the compatibility display in the title bar is only meant to show it's compatible with the current version, which until Tuesday, is still 4.3. For now, if 4.3 is unchecked, nothing will be in that spot. This differs from the list found in the File Info table that shows all versions checked.
Aaah. Ok i get it.

Then its -working as intended- then

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » A Mishmash of Mentions