Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-08-13, 10:31 AM   #1
NoggenFogger
A Cyclonian
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 40
Disbling Punks Detection?

I've searched around, and found a few very outdated posts about disabling the Punks aspect of the social features in Carbonite.
So far I have been unable to figure out how to accomplish this. I realize that when Rythal gets Carbonite fully modular this will probably be a built-in feature, but in the mean time, I'm still wondering how it can be done.
I've tried disabling or unchecking every aspect within the "Social & Punks" tab in the Options menu of Carbonite to no avail.

Thanks in advance,

-NF
__________________
No, not like the elixir.
NoggenFogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-13, 02:22 PM   #2
jeffy162
Premium Member
 
jeffy162's Avatar
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,842
I, also, do not use the "Punks" detection options or window. After looking through my Carbonite options, I found that on the "Social & Punks" options page, I have both the "Hide punk target button window" and "Lock punk target button window" options checked. Everything else on that page is left unchecked except the option to use the enhanced social window.

I never see anything about punks on my screen or in my chat.

EDIT/ However, after checking the "Punks" tab on the enhanced social window, I did see punks listed there. To clear the tab, simply right click on the "Active" line (that just means you can r/c anywhere in the tab as long as it is on the same horizontal line as the word "Active" to get the menu) and choose "Clear Actives" in that menu. You will notice that nothing really happens, but don't worry, just open another tab and come back to the "Punks" tab, and it will have cleared the actives from the page. I really don't think there is a way to stop that tab from working, unless you open the "Privacy & Com" page and check the "Disable zone channel (you won't know about players or punks in your zone)" option. I'm not positive that will stop it altogether, either, since I've never used that option. No punk notifications show up on my screen or in my chat, so I'm happy with the way it works (or doesn't work, depending on your view point). /EDIT
__________________
Ahhhh, the vagueries of the aging mind. Wait.... What was I saying?


Last edited by jeffy162 : 02-08-13 at 02:36 PM.
jeffy162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-13, 04:04 PM   #3
NoggenFogger
A Cyclonian
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 40
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
I, also, do not use the "Punks" detection options or window. After looking through my Carbonite options, I found that on the "Social & Punks" options page, I have both the "Hide punk target button window" and "Lock punk target button window" options checked. Everything else on that page is left unchecked except the option to use the enhanced social window.

I never see anything about punks on my screen or in my chat.
Ok I'll give this a try. Having the punks not show up is a start, but I'd like to see a way to truly disable the check for punks (which this may very well do) altogether.




Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
EDIT/ However, after checking the "Punks" tab on the enhanced social window, I did see punks listed there. To clear the tab, simply right click on the "Active" line (that just means you can r/c anywhere in the tab as long as it is on the same horizontal line as the word "Active" to get the menu) and choose "Clear Actives" in that menu. You will notice that nothing really happens, but don't worry, just open another tab and come back to the "Punks" tab, and it will have cleared the actives from the page. I really don't think there is a way to stop that tab from working, unless you open the "Privacy & Com" page and check the "Disable zone channel (you won't know about players or punks in your zone)" option. I'm not positive that will stop it altogether, either, since I've never used that option. No punk notifications show up on my screen or in my chat, so I'm happy with the way it works (or doesn't work, depending on your view point). /EDIT
I feel like a complete noob here, but how do I open the advanced social page? I have that option checked also, but I'm not even sure what an enhanced social page is... lmao!

Thank so much for the help!


-NF
__________________
No, not like the elixir.

Last edited by NoggenFogger : 02-08-13 at 04:09 PM.
NoggenFogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-13, 04:50 PM   #4
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,130
until I release the modularized code there is no way to stop all checks for punks, just to hide the window / text.

As for the enhanced social window, when you press 'o' it brings up carbonites social window instead of blizzards.
Rythal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-13, 04:58 PM   #5
NoggenFogger
A Cyclonian
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 40
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
until I release the modularized code there is no way to stop all checks for punks, just to hide the window / text.

I figured as much... which is why I said...
Originally Posted by NoggenFogger View Post
...I realize that when Rythal gets Carbonite fully modular this will probably be a built-in feature...

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
As for the enhanced social window, when you press 'o' it brings up carbonites social window instead of blizzards.

I feel like such a dumb-a$$....

Thank you for your continued work Rythal. As many others have said... I very much appreciate it!
__________________
No, not like the elixir.
NoggenFogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go BackWoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: General Discussion » Disbling Punks Detection?

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off