Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-13, 11:49 AM   #1
myrroddin
Premium Member
 
myrroddin's Avatar
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 357
Minimap question...

Is it possible to change the shape of the minimap provided by Carbonite? Square is okay, but what about a circle?
myrroddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-13, 12:17 PM   #2
mjumnito
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
 
mjumnito's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 106
Yep, should be a option to have the map square or as the original circle (its in the options already, forget where though)
mjumnito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-13, 03:19 PM   #3
jeffy162
Premium Member
 
jeffy162's Avatar
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,788
Originally Posted by myrroddin View Post
Is it possible to change the shape of the minimap provided by Carbonite? Square is okay, but what about a circle?
No, it is not possible to change the shape of the Carbonite minimized map. That question has been asked for years (literally) and the original authors always answered that it could not be changed because of the way the map is put together. Also, myrroddin, there is this:
Carbonite has one map and it is either maximized (large, like Blizzards World Map) or minimized (minimap sized but NOT the minimap). Blizzard gives us three maps: The Minimap (found in the upper right corner of your screen), the World Map (the big map) and the Zone (sometimes referred to as the Battleground) Map. A technicality, to be sure, but it occasionally helps to use the correct terms when explaining something.
Please note that this quote is not aimed at you specifically, but it is to remind every Carbonite user that Carbonite only uses one map.

Originally Posted by mjumnito View Post
Yep, should be a option to have the map square or as the original circle (its in the options already, forget where though)
There is absolutely no option anywhere in Carbonite to be able to change the shape of the Carbonite map, which is what myrroddin was asking about. To change the shape of the Blizzard Minimap while it is merged with Carbonites map, open Carbonites options (type "/carb options" in chat, right click the Carbonite minimap button and choose "Options" in the menu, right click a non-icon area of any Carbonite map and choose "Options" in the menu) to the "Map Minimap" page and the third option is "Minimap shape is square". Either check it to make the Blizzard minimap shape square, or leave it unchecked to keep the Blizzard minimap round while it is merged with the Carbonite map.
__________________
Ahhhh, the vagueries of the aging mind. Wait.... What was I saying?


Last edited by jeffy162 : 02-05-13 at 03:21 PM.
jeffy162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-13, 04:17 PM   #4
mjumnito
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
 
mjumnito's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 106
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
There is absolutely no option anywhere in Carbonite to be able to change the shape of the Carbonite map, which is what myrroddin was asking about. To change the shape of the Blizzard Minimap while it is merged with Carbonites map, open Carbonites options (type "/carb options" in chat, right click the Carbonite minimap button and choose "Options" in the menu, right click a non-icon area of any Carbonite map and choose "Options" in the menu) to the "Map Minimap" page and the third option is "Minimap shape is square". Either check it to make the Blizzard minimap shape square, or leave it unchecked to keep the Blizzard minimap round while it is merged with the Carbonite map.
DOH! Thats what I get for trying to go off memory. That and lurking in the forums while trying to work, lol. Either way your right, no way to change the map container
mjumnito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-13, 12:52 AM   #5
myrroddin
Premium Member
 
myrroddin's Avatar
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 357
Thank you for the reply, and clarification, Jeffy.
myrroddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-13, 02:16 PM   #6
jeffy162
Premium Member
 
jeffy162's Avatar
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,788
You're welcome. I'm glad I could help.
__________________
Ahhhh, the vagueries of the aging mind. Wait.... What was I saying?

jeffy162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go BackWoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: General Discussion » Minimap question...

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off