09-25-13, 06:11 PM   #1
JWMcQuire
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Carbonite 5.4.0 A1 R1 - Power of Malorne Goto Wrong

In the Mount Hyjal dailies, there are two quests that show the goto point mistakenly in Orgrimmar. One of them is the quest you get after completing the one where you catch "Spirit of Malorne". When you complete the quest, you are directed to use the Guardian's Staff to summon Galenges and slay him.

When I use the quest tracker to set the goto point, it points me all the way to Orgrimmar instead of the actual location at 41.4, 56.2. This error has existed since the last official release in March of this year and has carried over to this version. There is another daily quest that pops up instead of this (three total I think that alternate) where this error occurs. I'll update this the next time I get it to let you know.

I know the maps are being redone, and the progress so far has been excellent. However, after all the major changes and fixes have been applied, it would be nice to see if this can be looked into.

I have added an attachment, that shows what I describe.

Finally, while I have set a note that shows this location for now, the goto can be set by typing in chat the following command: /way 41.4 56.2 Galenges. You must have Tom Tom emulation enabled but only if you don't have Tom Tom installed. Also, you have to leave out the comma between the coordinates or it won't set the goto location. I assume those who use Tom Tom can set the waypoint according to its settings.

Beyond that, I appreciate all the hard work you have put into this Rythal, and look forward to seeing the official release of this version of Carbonite.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Power of Malorne.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	7858  

10-08-13, 01:24 PM   #2
JWMcQuire
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Thumbs up Followup

After getting a look at instructions on how to read the code, I decided to look for the code relating to this and the other quest(that alternates with this one) that gives points all the way to Orgrimmar for the NPC you have to kill.

I found that the zone code and coordinates for the Mount Hyjal Quests "Power of Malorne" and "Nature's Blessing" way off. So I went to the "Addons" folder and opened Quest81-85.lua in the "Carbonite.Quests" folder.

I then took my DK to the Sanctuary of Malorne where the dailies begin that lead to the Molten front Dailies. Today (the day of this post) the other quest, "Nature's Blessing" given by Mylune (the female Centaur). She first gives the quest called, "Those Bears Up There". After finishing this quest, I received the "Power of Malorne" quest. I copied the coordinates for the note I set for Pyrachnis, exited the game. I then opened the "Quest81-85.lua", searched for "Power of Malorne" and changed both the zone code and the coordinates to point to it's location within Mount Hyjal. I closed the file, logged back into WoW to my DK in Mount Hyjal, and checked the quest tracking which now points to the correct location of Pyrachnis.

I then copied the coordinates of the note I set for Galenges, closed WoW and changed it's coordinates in the Quest81-85.lua file and saved it as well. I haven't done this quest yet after changing the code, but expect it to work as well as the one I did today. Galenges is the NPC you have to kill for "Power of Malorne" given by Matoclaw who precedes it with the quest, "Between the Trees".

The following is the correct code for these two quests. You will find them in the Quest81-85.lua file in the Program Files (86x)/World of Warcraft/interface/addons/Carbonite.Quests folder. I have highlighted the text that needs to be corrected.

The following coordinates now correctly point you to Galenges' location in Mount Hyjal instead of Orgrimmar

[29126] = {
Quest = [[The Power of Malorne|0|85|85|0|45]],
Start = "2280|606|32|27.16|62.53",
Objectives = {
[1] = {
Lua Code:
  1. "nil|606|35|41.6|56|5.01|3.34",
},

The following coordinates now correctly point you to Pyrachnis' location in Mount Hyjal instead of Orgrimmar.

[29162] = {
Quest = [[Nature's Blessing|0|85|85|0|45]],
Start = "2275|606|32|27.16|61.95",
Objectives = {
[1] = {
Lua Code:
  1. "nil|606|35|13.1|44.8|5.01|3.34",
},

For anyone doing these quests,I hope this helps. Hopefully this edit can be included in future updates. Thank you to JimJoBlue for the information that inspired me to check this out for myself.

Last edited by JWMcQuire : 10-08-13 at 01:27 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite 5.4.0 A1 R1 - Power of Malorne Goto Wrong