Quantcast Apology to Mortimerlol - WoWInterface
Thread Tools Display Modes
08-24-17, 02:39 PM   #1
Ketho
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 847
Apology to Mortimerlol

Hey Mortimerlol, I'll keep this short and simple since your native language is Spanish. I want to sincerely apologize for what I've said about your addon if that offended you.

The reason I said that offending remark is because I don't like the way you posted/spammed a lot of threads, in broken English. They were very hard to understand. You were also ignorant when people criticize you for the source code of your addon Bang! Bang!.

Although I don't understand why you think I'm the one that upset you the most since I had said only a single sentence in that thread, while you have been swearing at me in Spanish and calling me slurs multiple times. But I admit I was annoying and unproductive.

I've been receiving a number of real life threats including doxxing from you on MMO-Champion, Curse, YouTube and email. Please stop harrassing me. If you do continue, I will take countermeasures. Again, I want to offer my apology.

https://translate.google.com/transla...hp%3Ft%3D55676
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...to-Mortimerlol

Last edited by Ketho : 08-24-17 at 03:03 PM.
 
08-24-17, 03:39 PM   #2
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver
 
Kkthnx's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 242
Originally Posted by Ketho View Post
Hey Mortimerlol, I'll keep this short and simple since your native language is Spanish. I want to sincerely apologize for what I've said about your addon if that offended you.

The reason I said that offending remark is because I don't like the way you posted/spammed a lot of threads, in broken English. They were very hard to understand. You were also ignorant when people criticize you for the source code of your addon Bang! Bang!.

Although I don't understand why you think I'm the one that upset you the most since I had said only a single sentence in that thread, while you have been swearing at me in Spanish and calling me slurs multiple times. But I admit I was annoying and unproductive.

I've been receiving a number of real life threats including doxxing from you on MMO-Champion, Curse, YouTube and email. Please stop harrassing me. If you do continue, I will take countermeasures. Again, I want to offer my apology.

https://translate.google.com/transla...hp%3Ft%3D55676
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...to-Mortimerlol
Looking at his replies to you, I am just shaking my head. He totally went off over at MMOChamp. He is banned now though it seems over there. Though good for you standing up and doing what is right.
__________________
Success isn't what you've done compared to others. Success is what you've done compared to what you were made to do.
 
08-24-17, 04:26 PM   #3
Banknorris
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
 
Banknorris's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 150
Honestly, I think you owed him appologies. His code is indeed bad but maybe he is learning and was proud to release an addon that people all around the world could be using but then you showed up just to put him down. I am not surprised he doesn't like you very much.

Congrats on doing the right thing now, too bad the damage is alredy done and can't be undone.
__________________
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes." - Benjamin Franklin
 
08-24-17, 04:42 PM   #4
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver
 
Kkthnx's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 242
Originally Posted by Banknorris View Post
Honestly, I think you owed him appologies. His code is indeed bad but maybe he is learning and was proud to release an addon that people all around the world could be using but then you showed up just to put him down. I am not surprised he doesn't like you very much.

Congrats on doing the right thing now, too bad the damage is alredy done and can't be undone.
It goes both ways in today's world. Obviously, the guy is a hothead too and made threats, which in no way is okay by any means. I am indeed glad Ketho did what was right as well, though new author or not not, you do not make threats or talk like that. They were both in the wrong then again the dude kept going on with his verbal abuse even far after Ketho's comment.

In today's world freedom of speech is a thing of the past. People take text/words to the heart even though it really doesn't mean much in the end because 9 times outta 10 you are never gonna see that person in real life. There has always been drama in the world of addons for wow between people. People will have their open opinion about add-ons and that is their right.
__________________
Success isn't what you've done compared to others. Success is what you've done compared to what you were made to do.
 
08-24-17, 08:35 PM   #5
MunkDev
A Scalebane Royal Guard
 
MunkDev's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 411
Well, you certainly could have been more diplomatic. However, as someone who has to deal with compatibility issues and problems caused by other addons on a daily basis, I think it's ultimately better to deter potential users from low quality content.

This addon was unprofessional and not designed for distribution. It was built for the author himself with the features he personally wanted, even if they were completely out of place. He didn't listen to criticism and he resorted to obscenities when his mod wasn't well received. I know the intent of this thread isn't to discuss his shortcomings, but I really don't think you have anything to apologise for.
__________________
 
08-24-17, 09:56 PM   #6
Kanegasi
A Cobalt Mageweaver
 
Kanegasi's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 249
Originally Posted by Kkthnx View Post
In today's world freedom of speech is a thing of the past.
Not to derail this thread, but freedom of speech isn't, and has never been, a basic right. Water, air, shelter, food, those are basic rights. Freedom of speech is a political construct whose only purpose is a promise from a person's government that they will not be punished in any way for what a person says. Outside of a government system, freedom of speech means nothing.

If I say some nasty things to the president in public, nothing happens to me. If I say nasty things to you, here, in the forum, I'll get rightfully banned. The former is me exercising my freedom of speech, the latter is the forum exercising their right to clean up their private space. The forum is not restricting my right to free speech, because it doesn't exist here.

Freedom of speech is not a thing of the past. It is alive and well and still holding strong in the US, and in most of the first world, I assume. Private citizens have never had an obligation to protect the free speech of others, only those in power.

On topic, Mortimerlol's freedom of speech was not compromised. They said some nasty things in a private space and were rightfully removed. I'm sure there's other rights they may end up using if law enforcement gets involved due to the threats.
 
08-25-17, 05:39 AM   #7
Mortimerlol
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 71
You and some of your friends had a very unpleasant attitude towards me, what you did was not to say, but to destroy my project.
 
08-25-17, 05:42 AM   #8
Mortimerlol
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 71
Originally Posted by Banknorris View Post
Honestly, I think you owed him appologies. His code is indeed bad but maybe he is learning and was proud to release an addon that people all around the world could be using but then you showed up just to put him down. I am not surprised he doesn't like you very much.

Congrats on doing the right thing now, too bad the damage is alredy done and can't be undone.
I am new, yes, but believe me that I try to do my best and I look at every detail. The people who use it ingame congratulate me, and with that I am paid, but I did not get involved with anyone and have destroyed my project for nothing.
 
08-25-17, 05:54 AM   #9
Mortimerlol
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 71
People take text/words to the heart even though it really doesn't mean much in the end because 9 times outta 10 you are never gonna see that person in real life.
Insults to me because you think I am invisible? You are wrong, you have to always respect because even, someday, you are wrong.
People will have their open opinion about add-ons and that is their right.
This addon is a pile of shit. Horribly coded and filled with unnecessary bloat
This is respetable? this reply is proffesional?... because him is ur friend and Im nothing, noob, a trash?...
 
08-25-17, 06:07 AM   #10
Mortimerlol
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 71
And one last thing, I just did a job that cost me many hours and with illusion I was publishing, I have done nothing more than that and nobody is defending me, that I do not want defense, but that is the reality.
 
08-25-17, 07:14 AM   #11
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver
 
Kkthnx's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 242
Originally Posted by Mortimerlol View Post
And one last thing, I just did a job that cost me many hours and with illusion I was publishing, I have done nothing more than that and nobody is defending me, that I do not want defense, but that is the reality.
Just because an add-on cost time doesn't in return give you any kinda respect, royalty or anything. You are just another developer and as mean as it may sound that's how it is. If someone says something mean, honestly who gives a shit. It's not their addon and if you let 1 person decide your fate then you are no better than the trash being spoken to you. Man up and move on.

Also just because someone shoots down your addOn you don't fire back and fuel the firing calling peoples mothers a whore. You are just as much in the wrong. You completely made yourself look dumb once you fired back and proved everyone's point in the end. Don't talk about respect unless you give respect. That's a rule of thumb you should live by no matter what.
__________________
Success isn't what you've done compared to others. Success is what you've done compared to what you were made to do.
 
08-25-17, 07:52 AM   #12
Mortimerlol
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 71
Originally Posted by Kkthnx View Post
Just because an add-on cost time doesn't in return give you any kinda respect, royalty or anything. You are just another developer and as mean as it may sound that's how it is. If someone says something mean, honestly who gives a shit. It's not their addon and if you let 1 person decide your fate then you are no better than the trash being spoken to you. Man up and move on.

Also just because someone shoots down your addOn you don't fire back and fuel the firing calling peoples mothers a whore. You are just as much in the wrong. You completely made yourself look dumb once you fired back and proved everyone's point in the end. Don't talk about respect unless you give respect. That's a rule of thumb you should live by no matter what.
No respect, no road.
 
08-25-17, 07:55 AM   #13
Mortimerlol
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 71
look, if somebody call SHIT,SHIT and SHIT your project... u shut up? this is a normal opinion? really?
 
08-25-17, 08:06 AM   #14
MunkDev
A Scalebane Royal Guard
 
MunkDev's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 411
This quote almost says it all:
Dude, stop throwing a hissy fit and take it on the nose. You're going to hold back your growth as a creator like this, not to mention what your possible userbase will think of you if you act this way.

It's not an impressive first attempt, but that's fine. I know my first attempts at gamedesign weren't exactly smashing either.
The internet is often harsh, but usefull because of it..people don't know you or care much about your feelings and because of that it's probably more likely to be true feedback about the quality of your work. Rather then if you ask some friend who doesn't want to hurt your feelings..
Strangers are not that negative if the quality of your content is good. When I first started releasing my own work for others to use, I would also get upset about negative feedback, especially the unwarranted toxic kind of feedback because I was doing something controversial. You get resilient to that after a while, and I can tell you're not there yet. If you keep working on your projects and improving yourself, you'll end up with a better product and ultimately you'll respond to criticism in a healthier way. Just keep working on it.
__________________
 
08-25-17, 08:15 AM   #15
Mortimerlol
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 71
Originally Posted by MunkDev View Post
This quote almost says it all:


Strangers are not that negative if the quality of your content is good. When I first started releasing my own work for others to use, I would also get upset about negative feedback, especially the unwarranted toxic kind of feedback because I was doing something controversial. You get resilient to that after a while, and I can tell you're not there yet. If you keep working on your projects and improving yourself, you'll end up with a better product and ultimately you'll respond to criticism in a healthier way. Just keep working on it.
Yes, but my project isn't a pile of shit, a pile of shit is other thing. No, I no continue with it but I will remember all it because I think it has been abusive.
 
08-25-17, 09:24 AM   #16
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver
 
Kkthnx's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 242
Originally Posted by Mortimerlol View Post
look, if somebody call SHIT,SHIT and SHIT your project... u shut up? this is a normal opinion? really?
I could give a shit less what people think of my project(s). You really think I care if someone calls my projects shit? I just laugh.
__________________
Success isn't what you've done compared to others. Success is what you've done compared to what you were made to do.
 
08-25-17, 12:51 PM   #17
Ketho
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 847
After you harassed me on Curse I did report you and they subsequently banned you for that. I pleaded Curse to alleviate or undo the permanent ban but they refused. There is nothing I can do anymore, the damage has already happened.





 
08-25-17, 12:51 PM   #18
Ketho
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 847
You won't be seeing me anymore on WoWInterface, Curse or MMO-Champion.

I've had enough of this bullshit. I quit. I haven't been playing this game for months anyway.
 
08-25-17, 01:00 PM   #19
MunkDev
A Scalebane Royal Guard
 
MunkDev's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 411
Angry

Okay, after seeing that message, I think Mortimerlol should be banned from these forums and have his addon removed. What a scumbag. I'd rather see him go than you, Ketho, because you're actively contributing to the community, whereas this guy is just causing trouble.
__________________
 
08-25-17, 01:14 PM   #20
lightspark
A Frostmaul Preserver
 
lightspark's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 298
Welp, that escalated quickly...
__________________
 

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Apology to Mortimerlol

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off