Quantcast In Game Voice Chat Overlay - Anyone Remember? - WoWInterface
04-26-18, 03:05 AM   #1
fineleric
A Kobold Labourer
In Game Voice Chat Overlay - Anyone Remember?

I have seen a couple times a program that will overlay who is tlaking from TS or Ventrill into the game using DirectX. I have been unable to locate this program via mod sites or in google, since I cant recall anythign close to the name. Most of the search strings I used came bck to forums of people askign that certain games have an in-game voicechat option.

If anyone recalls the name of this program, please post it (or even a link if you have it).

Thanx guys.
04-26-18, 04:28 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
While I don't play the game anymore, I think that what you are talking about is the in-game overlays that those chat programs use. I know that Ventrillo has (had?) one and I think that Team Speak has (had?) one, also, but they have (had?) "special instructions" for using them. I think that the Discord "chat" program is "better", though, since it has an overlay (a really nice one, too, along with other "things" that you can use) that is included (I think) and easily enabled (and layed out).

Just my opinion.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
04-26-18, 12:34 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Just a note, that I believe I saw that this will be available in the API for the new voice chat feature in the UI so that addons may make an overlay like this.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » In Game Voice Chat Overlay - Anyone Remember?