04-19-05, 11:43 PM   #1
zwof
A Defias Bandit
Help with chat message catching.

I want to catch random roll messages but i have no idea how to go about it.
I've RegisterEvent for CHAT_MSG_SYSTEM and made an OnEvent handler, but i can't work out how to catch the messages with the handler.
Anyone got a solution?
10-26-05, 12:25 PM   #2
Kharzandhom
A Kobold Labourer
Hi,

I know this is a rather late reply, but i just today discovered this site through google as i was looking for an example on UI modifications.

I have recently developed a test for learning about mods and events.
In this i have created a mod that is triggered by a system event, and upon certain conditions emit a personalized message on the guild channel.

You can download this "Mod" from my website: http://www.xs4all.nl/~grolimo/wow.htm
(Although it currently looks that my provider is having issues with his webservers, cause it's terribly slow). The mod is half in Dutch half in English so i hope you can learn from it what you need. I put some comments in the code as well..

Included in the download are two mini libraries that contain some renamings/remappings of LUA/WOW functionality to Delphi Pascal like instruction names as that's my background and i like it better that way..

HtH.
10-27-05, 12:31 AM   #3
Elkano
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
When your OnEvent handler is called there a some variables set:
event will hold the event that happend, so you should check
if (event == "CHAT_MSG_SYSTEM")
arg1, arg2, ... argn will hold additional informations regarding the event that happend.
In your case I think arg1 will hold the message you are looking for.

/€dith just told me to check the date of the starting post first :/

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Help with chat message catching.