Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-20-05, 09:08 AM   #1
Chanteribby
A Defias Bandit
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2
Map Coordinates

Map coordinates are essential to anyone playing WoW, but I have not seen anyone do a stand alone for them. Usually, you have to grab some huge mod with a ton of stuff I don't want. Does anyone have the code for just showing map coordinates or a place where I can download just such a mod?
Chanteribby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-05, 11:24 AM   #2
woofiest
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
 
woofiest's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 95
(sorry Cairenn, can't find them on this site )

Two popular one are

- ReCover's MapCoords
http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=395

- Zavier's Location Coordinates
http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=235
__________________
Give me MY Warden Staff...

==== For Mod Hogger ======================================
http://www.wowinterface.com/
http://www.wowguru.com/ui
http://www.curse-gaming.com/
http://ui.worldofwar.net/
woofiest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-05, 12:39 PM   #3
Cairenn
Credendo Vides
 
Cairenn's Avatar
Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,903
No apologies necessary. Go through and look at posts I've made myself. If we don't have a mod on the site, I'll send folks elsewhere too, to get what they need. See, this site is about support for the community (authors and end users) as well as the actual hosting of mods.
__________________
I'm fine. You know what 'fine' stands for, don't you? Yeah - Freaked Out, Insecure, Neurotic and Emotional
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-05, 01:14 PM   #4
MC82
A Fallenroot Satyr
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 22
This is one thing I will love about this site... if you stand by that rule, I will totally support your site 100%
__________________

Link to my UI in the box to the right
MC82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-05, 01:22 PM   #5
Cairenn
Credendo Vides
 
Cairenn's Avatar
Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,903
It's the way it's always been, I see no reason why it would ever change. We don't just host mods. We support.

If that means sending folks elsewhere to get "X", then so be it. Sure, we'd love to have "X" available here, and maybe the mod author will eventually offer it here, but we also won't just go through the Blizz UI forum (or whatever), snag all the mods that are listed there and toss them up on the site. That isn't fair to the mod author that created it in the first place. They should have the option to decide where they want their mod offered and supported. /shrug, just the way we feel about things.
__________________
I'm fine. You know what 'fine' stands for, don't you? Yeah - Freaked Out, Insecure, Neurotic and Emotional
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-05, 01:30 PM   #6
woofiest
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
 
woofiest's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 95
Originally Posted by Cairenn
It's the way it's always been, I see no reason why it would ever change. We don't just host mods. We support.

If that means sending folks elsewhere to get "X", then so be it. Sure, we'd love to have "X" available here, and maybe the mod author will eventually offer it here, but we also won't just go through the Blizz UI forum (or whatever), snag all the mods that are listed there and toss them up on the site. That isn't fair to the mod author that created it in the first place. They should have the option to decide where they want their mod offered and supported. /shrug, just the way we feel about things.
*two thumbs up*

and I'm looking forward for the revamp of download section. I'm sure after this, this site will gain more momentum just like Curse. Now that people don't need to register to download, I'm already updating my bookmark.txt for my forum script board
__________________
Give me MY Warden Staff...

==== For Mod Hogger ======================================
http://www.wowinterface.com/
http://www.wowguru.com/ui
http://www.curse-gaming.com/
http://ui.worldofwar.net/
woofiest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-05, 01:34 PM   #7
Cairenn
Credendo Vides
 
Cairenn's Avatar
Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,903
Haven't needed to register to download for a while now.
__________________
I'm fine. You know what 'fine' stands for, don't you? Yeah - Freaked Out, Insecure, Neurotic and Emotional
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-05, 03:22 PM   #8
Chanteribby
A Defias Bandit
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2
Thank you very much. Good to see such a healthy amount of respect and support for the community. It's why I come here first, always.
Chanteribby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-08, 04:29 PM   #9
Ithadriel
A Defias Bandit
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2
Is there any standalone program for this purpose ( meaning you don't have to have WoW running at same time) ? I know about WoW cartographe,but that title doesn't have coordinates built in.
Ithadriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-08, 04:37 PM   #10
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei
 
Zyonin's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,421
Wow, forum necromancy! Rather than rezzing long dead threads (the last post before the one before mine was on 04-20-2005) just start a new thread.
__________________
LiveJournal | Twitter

Zyonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-08, 08:03 PM   #11
Ithadriel
A Defias Bandit
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by Xinh View Post
Wow, forum necromancy! Rather than rezzing long dead threads (the last post before the one before mine was on 04-20-2005) just start a new thread.
I didn't realize I was prohibited from asking follow up question in an open thread ( to which I was pointed by doing a google search) .

Very kind response as well....
Ithadriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-08, 09:45 PM   #12
Seerah
Fishing Trainer
 
Seerah's Avatar
WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,560
There's no policy on this site on digging up old threads, but this thread is almost 2 years old and it's information is all out of date. You're not really asking a follow-up question to an open thread.

There have been tons of standalone coordinate mods released in the past year or two. Here are a few to get you started:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...iffCoords.html
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...4-Jaknife.html
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...32-TomTom.html
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-SLCoords.html
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ordsv1.13.html
__________________
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

Seerah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-08, 10:04 PM   #13
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer
 
Dridzt's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,190
Originally Posted by Ithadriel View Post
Is there any standalone program for this purpose ( meaning you don't have to have WoW running at same time) ? I know about WoW cartographe,but that title doesn't have coordinates built in.
WowHead Maps are nice and you can pin notes on them.

MapWow (uses google api) *warning* lots of gold ads.
Dridzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-08, 02:54 AM   #14
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei
 
Zyonin's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,421
Originally Posted by Ithadriel View Post
I didn't realize I was prohibited from asking follow up question in an open thread ( to which I was pointed by doing a google search) .

Very kind response as well....
On most forums its not wise to dig up old threads and post in them. Normally most forums will just simply lock such "bumped" threads with no questions answered. Generally if the last post in a thread is more than a couple months old, its best to leave it buried and start a new thread.
__________________
LiveJournal | Twitter

Zyonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-09, 04:15 AM   #15
Jalengc
A Kobold Labourer
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by woofiest View Post
(sorry Cairenn, can't find them on this site )

Two popular one are

- ReCover's MapCoords
http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=395

- Zavier's Location Coordinates
http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=235
The ReCover and Zavier links don't work.
Jalengc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-09, 05:41 AM   #16
ravagernl
A Pyroguard Emberseer
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,145
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
There's no policy on this site on digging up old threads, but this thread is almost 2 years old and it's information is all out of date. You're not really asking a follow-up question to an open thread.

There have been tons of standalone coordinate mods released in the past year or two. Here are a few to get you started:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...iffCoords.html
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...4-Jaknife.html
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...32-TomTom.html
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-SLCoords.html
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ordsv1.13.html
This thread is 4 years old now curse-gaming is now curse

I recommend TomTom for coordinates.
ravagernl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go BackWoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Map Coordinates

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off