The MSBT 5.4.x series is now available for Patch 3.1.x.
The main changes are a new in-game custom media editor, a highly configurable loot alerting system, and changes to support new events and features introduced in Patch 3.1.
The new custom media editor allows your custom media to persist between game sessions, version upgrades, and profile resets. It is no longer necessary to update lua files every time you get a new version of MSBT. In light of this new system, logic has also been put in place to ensure invalid or removed fonts won't cause errors. Instead the default font will be used.
The loot alerting system provides a count of the total number of the looted item you have in inventory, item quality coloring, and the optional capability to display how many of the items were looted. It also has a full suite of filtering options such as specifying which qualities (poor, uncommon, epic, etc) are shown, choosing to always show quest items, specifying which items should always be shown, and specifying which items should be excluded.
Some changes implemented to support Patch 3.1 include removal of skills and triggers that are no longer available, a new event for DoT crits since they can crit now, and a trigger exception for selectively displaying triggers based on the currently active spec of the new dual spec feature.
New feature overview:
- Created an in-game editor for managing custom media the persists between game sessions, version upgrades, and profile resets. Remember that the media files must already exist before WoW is started or they can't be used.
- Added a new loot alerting system with several filtering options and inventory counting functionality.
- Created new events for incoming and outgoing periodic damage (DoT) crits.
- Added an active talents trigger exception so triggers can be selectively displayed depending on the active spec of the new dual spec feature.
- Removed references to skills and triggers that are no longer available.
- Updated for Patch 3.1.
- And more...