I've an coole idea to make bags easier to use:
automatic sorting and displayes in a new layout.
The explanation is on the screens.
This is just an montage - there is until now no such program.
Here is an alternate laypout:
This is an other character with different bag contents:
(In this version the items are ordered by Item Level, nor price)
This is how Mr.Plow would organize it:
I think, this can be very handy.
Here a few last explanations:
- the bag should be stacking the items so, that
- as few as possible slots are used (join 2 times 10 cloth together)
- places in profession bags should be used first
- the bags don't have to be sorted itself, the addon can just move the slots around
- if there are more than one slot filled with the same thing, just display one with a new text, which shows how many slots used and items there
- all free slots (except one for destacking) can be hidden
- I've used the Informat (part of Auctioneer) to gather class, price and item level.
- The exact way of displaying, merging classes and sorting is not yet defined.
- You should be able to specify slots to hide from the interface (e.g. mount, fhishing equipment, enchanting rods, ...)
- the free slot at the bottom, for destacking, should be in the bagback (not one of the four bags) cause, for example you must have the scroll to create a guild in you backback(!)
Hope also other people find this a good idea, and that someone can implement it.
I do offer my help to do this, but I'm an beginner on lua (but good in programming at all).