Quantcast
Download
(1 MB)
Download
Updated: 10-23-19 05:42 AM
Addon for:
Zork UI.
Pictures
File Info
Compatibility:
WoW Classic (1.13.2)
Updated:10-23-19 05:42 AM
Created:09-03-19 01:48 PM
Downloads:1,431
Favorites:9
MD5:
Categories:Plug-Ins & Patches, Classic - General, Minimalistic Compilations

Zork UI - Classic Redux

Version: 1.8r
by: cocovanana [More]

Intro

This is my personal fix/port of Zork's interface for Classic. Of course, all credit goes to Zork for his awesometastic Zork UI which I fell in love with in Legion, and to Tukz for fixing oUF and making it work in Classic.
All documentation and FAQs can be found in the BfA version page.

Zork himself started updating his UI for Classic! Find his work here: Zork UI Classic (currently wip).

I've also added a couple addons of my own that I built specifically to use with this UI!


Please note that like on the original version, all of the config is done in Lua, so be ready to dig in!
Install
Backup your Interface folder.
Download zip and unzip it into your World of Warcraft folder (only Interface folder).

Addon list
  1. aBag
  2. aComboPoint
  3. aSCT
  4. aSimplePrice
  5. ClassicCastbars*
  6. Immersion
  7. NameplateSCT
  8. oUF (Classic fix by Tukz)*
  9. oUF_Simple*
  10. oUF_SimpleConfig
  11. rActionBar*
  12. rActionBar_Zork
  13. rBuffFrame
  14. rBuffFrame_Zork
  15. rButtonAura
  16. rButtonAura_Zork
  17. rButtonTemplate*
  18. rButtonTemplate_Zork
  19. rChat*
  20. rCombatText
  21. rEmote
  22. rError
  23. rFilter
  24. rFilter_Zork
  25. rLib*
  26. rMinimap*
  27. rRaidManager
  28. rSellPoor
  29. rStatusButton*
  30. rTooltip
  31. SortBags
*These are the addons that I edited, either to fix them for classic or to provide some extra functionality.

Other recommended addons
  1. DejaClassicStats
  2. Doom_CooldownPulse
  3. QuestFrameFixer
  4. QuestIconDesaturation
  5. QuestXP
  6. RealMobHealth
  7. WeaponSwingTimer

Layout/config notes

I've changed the configuration for most of Zork's addons to fit my personal tastes. You can still use Zork's original configuration, just make sure to disable absorb/extra/alternativepower bars). What I changed:
  • Removed buff frame and put the buffs and debuffs on the player frame. (just delete/disable aBuffHide to re-enable the buff frame)
  • Flipped the cast bar to not clip with buffs/debuffs.
  • If you use RealMobHealth, target frame will show absolute hp for known entities, will be empty otherwise.
  • Moved party frames to be beneath the player.
  • Added party buff frames only for player-casted buffs shorter than 1 minute (aka for hots) - they're inside the health bar.
  • Bundled an edited version of ClassicCastbars so that target/nameplate castbars match the ui theme.
  • I included LibClassicDurations inside oUF to provide buff/debuff durations.
  • Shrank nameplates and pet frames vertically.
  • Made NameplateSCT text bigger.
  • Made the rStatusButton show always when not in combat, or show in combat while pressing mod keys. Also removed the first line for extra minimalism.
  • I removed the fonts folder too, since I like the default ones better.
  • Skill bars 4 and 5 are made really tiny and moved to be besides the minimap.
  • Aura duration spinner is inversed (for me it's more natural this way).
  • Combo points / Alternative power and such don't exist as in retail, so I removed them. I wrote a simple addon for combo points, aComboPoint which is included in the package.
Some addons from Zork's original package are missing; either I didn't like them (like rCompassCastbar or rDamageFont), or simply won't work / take care of non-existant features (like rTalkingHead or rObjectiveTracker).

What's not tested?
Basically, raids and shape-shifting druids (especially cat combo points). I hope both work, but I haven't had the chance to try any of them yet.

Changelog
  • 1.0: Initial build.
  • 1.01: Fixed group growth direction.
  • 1.02: Updated aComboPoint to v1.1.
  • 1.03: Added pet happiness dot.
  • 1.04: Fixed party frames clipping with pet debuff frame. Added aSimplePrice to the package.
  • 1.05: Updated aSimplePrice to v1.1.
  • 1.1: Added aBag to the package.
  • 1.2: Updated aBag to v1.2, which fixes major bugs, and added SortBag to enable sort functionality on aBag.
  • 1.3 Updated aBag to v1.3, adding ammo/profession bag support.
  • 1.4 Updated aBag to v1.4, fixing many many bugs!
  • 1.5 Updated aBag to v1.5, fixing even more bugs and adding support for bank bags!
  • 1.6 Added aSCT, added integration of RealMobHealth, and bundled in an edited version of ClassicCastbars. Updated aBag to v1.7.
  • 1.7 Fixed problems with raid tags, and added support for target/nameplate/boss aura durations using LibClassicDurations
  • 1.8 Major bug fixes.

Archived Files (1)
File Name
Version
Size
Author
Date
1.8
1MB
cocovanana
10-15-19 02:41 PM


Post A Reply Comment Options
Unread 12-03-19, 12:02 AM  
maotaomao
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 1
Uploads: 0
How to make the combopoints horizontal?

Hi,thx your work.it's a beautiful UI.
I changed some frame location,but the combopoint does not follow the frame.
I open the aComboPoint/init.lua. turn the vertical to false.anchorToZorkUI to flase.but it doesn't work?how can i change to horzontal?
thx.
Last edited by maotaomao : 12-03-19 at 12:04 AM.
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-19, 07:22 AM  
Zubaj
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 18
Uploads: 0
Re: Hi zork

Originally Posted by xMeet
I am having this problem with the party

https://ibb.co/2sq5NvX

How i can fix it?
You have to change the Position in the Party.lua in the oufconfig.
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-19, 05:55 PM  
xMeet
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 1
Uploads: 0
Hi zork

I am having this problem with the party

https://ibb.co/2sq5NvX

How i can fix it?
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-19, 02:05 PM  
cocovanana
A Kobold Labourer
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 40
Uploads: 6
Originally Posted by noble8
...
It's actually a feature, I like them scaled to fit the Minimap, so their aspect out-of-the-box should be like this:



If it's not like that, try running "/rab reset". In any case, you're free to change rActionBar to your needs, if you wish them to be normal-sized or whatever!
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-19, 12:29 PM  
noble8
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
 
noble8's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 95
File comments: 157
Uploads: 1
Love the UI - I noticed that my bar 4 and 5 appear really small and in the top left of the screen (overlapping each other) rather then small and under the minimap. Is this a known issue?
__________________
If science and religion are destroyed, science would re-emerge exactly the same;
but not religion.
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-19, 02:45 PM  
Zubaj
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 18
Uploads: 0
Originally Posted by cocovanana
Originally Posted by Zubaj
...
Thanks againe for your great support!
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-19, 01:06 PM  
cocovanana
A Kobold Labourer
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 40
Uploads: 6
Originally Posted by Zubaj
...
Yeah, language or wow installation path doesn't matter. I'll answer your pm with some technicalities so we can try to troubleshoot what's happening in there.

EDIT: After further investigation we've found the issue and I updated the addon to v1.8 which fixes it. Hopefully no one else encountered it!
Last edited by cocovanana : 10-15-19 at 02:43 PM.
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-19, 11:22 AM  
Zubaj
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 18
Uploads: 0
Originally Posted by cocovanana
Originally Posted by Zubaj
Ah no, I meant that i use the „newest“ Version of your UI compilation. Not the newest Version for retail.
Oh

Then I just fall back to my last post, I can't find any way to reproduce the errors you're getting with the out of the box version :S
I have no idea. I just formated my whole ssd and installed everything new. The same 12 LUA Errors from your out of the box Version.

Just downloaded it, unzipped the Interface folder to my wow classic folder.

Maybe cause i play the german client? Or the path i have installed wow is another than yours?

*Edit -> okay changing to english client don´t work.
Last edited by Zubaj : 10-15-19 at 11:41 AM.
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-19, 10:56 AM  
cocovanana
A Kobold Labourer
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 40
Uploads: 6
Originally Posted by Zubaj
Ah no, I meant that i use the „newest“ Version of your UI compilation. Not the newest Version for retail.
Oh

Then I just fall back to my last post, I can't find any way to reproduce the errors you're getting with the out of the box version :S
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-19, 03:41 AM  
Zubaj
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 18
Uploads: 0
Originally Posted by cocovanana
Originally Posted by Zubaj
I need to reinstall my complete system, maybe it will work then Got the newest version of oUF and copied that in the correct folder, so i don´t know why it doesn´t work.
Probably because oUF doesn't work on Classic and I'm using a patched version that you should not replace
Ah no, I meant that i use the „newest“ Version of your UI compilation. Not the newest Version for retail.
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-19, 04:10 PM  
cocovanana
A Kobold Labourer
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 40
Uploads: 6
Originally Posted by Zubaj
I need to reinstall my complete system, maybe it will work then Got the newest version of oUF and copied that in the correct folder, so i don´t know why it doesn´t work.
Probably because oUF doesn't work on Classic and I'm using a patched version that you should not replace
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-19, 10:40 AM  
Zubaj
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 18
Uploads: 0
Originally Posted by cocovanana
Originally Posted by Zubaj
...
Hey! I'm definitely not getting any errors while using the package with a fresh wow install.

All the errors read as "attempt to index field 'C' (a nil value) line whatever" and that C is literally oUF_SimpleConfig (from init.lua in oUF_Simple), so I honestly can't think of any reason for these errors to happen other than oUF_SimpleConfig not loading - and it is a hard dependency, so it will always load before oUF_Simple. Since your logs have no errors of it failing to load (just it not existing), I believe you must have done something else besides deleting wtf/cache/interface and pasting the new interface.

Either that, or you're mis-copying an older version instead of the latest one, but sincerely, I can't reproduce your errors
I need to reinstall my complete system, maybe it will work then Got the newest version of oUF and copied that in the correct folder, so i don´t know why it doesn´t work.
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-19, 11:02 AM  
cocovanana
A Kobold Labourer
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 40
Uploads: 6
Originally Posted by Zubaj
...
Hey! I'm definitely not getting any errors while using the package with a fresh wow install.

All the errors read as "attempt to index field 'C' (a nil value) line whatever" and that C is literally oUF_SimpleConfig (from init.lua in oUF_Simple), so I honestly can't think of any reason for these errors to happen other than oUF_SimpleConfig not loading - and it is a hard dependency, so it will always load before oUF_Simple. Since your logs have no errors of it failing to load (just it not existing), I believe you must have done something else besides deleting wtf/cache/interface and pasting the new interface.

Either that, or you're mis-copying an older version instead of the latest one, but sincerely, I can't reproduce your errors
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-19, 06:14 PM  
Zubaj
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 18
Uploads: 0
Originally Posted by cocovanana
Originally Posted by Zubaj
...
Hey, no worries! Sorry for the delay, I've been a bit busy with work these last days. It's been a bit tricky but managed to get it sorted out with the oUF error I believe, so please try version 1.7v4

As for RealMobHealth, when the there's no data for the target health (ie. you haven't killed a single mob of that name AND level, or it is a non-group player), no text will be shown. Once there's data, the current value will be shown (ie. 123).

If you want to show it with total too (ie 123/150), I've added a tag for that, so you can change the config in oUF_SimpleConfig/target.lua to use "oUF_SimpleConfig:RealMobHealthAndMax" (you'll need the updated oUF_SimpleConfig/tags.lua for it to work - in case you wish to maintain your layout config). Feel free to check the tags file too if you want to customize them differently.
Thanks for your help!

But that does not work for me. For now i got these 12 LUA Errors when starting the Game:

https://pastebin.com/XBqE6EJf

I deleted my WTF, Cache and Interface folder and installed the new Interface Folder from the 1.7v4 and that takes me there. No other addons in use.
Last edited by Zubaj : 10-08-19 at 06:18 PM.
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-19, 01:12 PM  
cocovanana
A Kobold Labourer
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 40
Uploads: 6
Originally Posted by Zubaj
...
Hey, no worries! Sorry for the delay, I've been a bit busy with work these last days. It's been a bit tricky but managed to get it sorted out with the oUF error I believe, so please try version 1.7v4

As for RealMobHealth, when the there's no data for the target health (ie. you haven't killed a single mob of that name AND level, or it is a non-group player), no text will be shown. Once there's data, the current value will be shown (ie. 123).

If you want to show it with total too (ie 123/150), I've added a tag for that, so you can change the config in oUF_SimpleConfig/target.lua to use "oUF_SimpleConfig:RealMobHealthAndMax" (you'll need the updated oUF_SimpleConfig/tags.lua for it to work - in case you wish to maintain your layout config). Feel free to check the tags file too if you want to customize them differently.
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Post A Reply



Category Jump: