Quantcast
Download
(1 MB)
Download
Updated: 10-17-18 04:37 AM
Pictures
File Info
Compatibility:
Battle for Azeroth (8.0.1)
Updated:10-17-18 04:37 AM
Created:12-15-13 12:44 PM
Downloads:31,532
Favorites:121
MD5:
Categories:Suites, Action Bar Mods, Unit Mods, Graphical Compilations
8.0.1

ls: UI  Updated Today!  Popular! (More than 5000 hits)

Version: 80000.12
by: lightspark [More]

Yet another UI, but this one is a bit special.



Options
Use /LSUI to open in-game config.

Feedback and Feature Requests
If you found a bug or want to share an idea on how to improve my UI, either use the issue tracker on GitHub or Curse, or post a comment on WoWInterface or Curse.

Feel free to write feedback on how to improve some class-specific features.

However, keep in mind that I'm not going to implement any features as a replacement for BIG addons.

Localisation
Feel free to add and/or review translations on Curse, alternatively, you may create a PR on project's GitHub page.

License
Please see LICENSE file.

Version 80000.12

- Added options to adjust text size, outline, and shadow of various unit frame elements, e.g.,
health, power, etc;
- Reworked resource gain/loss animations. Added health loss animations, and options to adjust
health, power, class power, and alternative power gain/loss thresholds;
- Tweaked unit frame border textures;
- Fixed compatibility issues with Masque;
- Updated embeds.



Version 80000.11

- Added options to adjust auras' count text and aura type icon. It's also possible to display
actual debuff types instead of generic down arrows;
- Added options to adjust xp bar's text's format and visibility;
- Added options to adjust castbars' colours;
- Added a hack for cooldown numbers. Cooldown spirals are still bugged, but that's a Blizz bug;
- Updated minimap button handling. This should greatly improve compatibility w/ addons that add
various markers, for instance, TomTom, ZygorGuides;
- Updated embeds.

Version 80000.10

- Added cooldown options to the "Unit Frames" and unit frames' "Auras" configs;
- Removed "Show Cooldown Bling" option. The bling is disabled on all handled cooldowns now
because the animation is bugged anyway;
- Updated Simplified Chinese translation. Translated by [email protected];
- Updated embeds.

Version 80000.09

- Reworked fade in and out animations. Previously, their performance was degrading over time, and
after long gaming sessions they could cause micro stuttering and/or big freezes when being played;
- Added unit frame tag validation to avoid issues caused by invalid tags;
- Added options to colour minimap border and to adjust border's and text's colours;
- Added options to adjust xp bar's text;
- Added the option to colour player orb's border;
- Normal and war mode phase indicators now use different icons, blue and red respectively;
- Updated both Spanish translations. Translated by [email protected];
- Updated embeds.

Version 80000.08

- Fixed the "Inventory" micro button's currency tracker;
- Fixed an issue where getting and/or setting a key binding text for a button with no name would
result in an error. This issue mainly affected the Pet Battle UI;
- Blizz castbar's movers are now properly disabled when the default castbars aren't actually
used;
- Player's buffs, debuffs, and totems are now hidden while doing pet battles.

Version 80000.07

- Reworked UF config tables' structure. Target, target of target, focus, target of focus, and boss
frames' settings are cross-layout, so their settings are shared between "Orbs" and "Classic" UI
layouts. Player and pet frames' settings will stay tied to UI layouts because those frames are
unique. Unit frame settings of the currently active UI layout will be copied, but some settings
may be lost. This will also help people with copying profiles from one char to another, even if
different UI layouts are used on those chars;
- Fixed numerous bugs in the "Unit Frames" config. Copying settings between unit frame, incl. aura
filters, should work as intended now;
- Unit frame auras' min and max sizes are set to 24px and 64px respectively. These will also be
applied to automatic size calculations;
- Reduced the xp bar's width and updated the artwork;
- Updated embeds.

Version 80000.06

- Fixed action buttons' icons' colouring.

Version 80000.05

- Added "Desaturation" section to "Action Bars" config. Replaces "Desaturate on Cooldown" and
"Desaturate when Not Usable" options;
- Fixed the default castbars' skin.

Version 80000.04

- Reworked cooldowns' handling. Action bars, auras, and aura tracker received a set of options to
customise cooldowns' appearance. Unit frames will get a similar update a bit later;
- Reworked mirror timers, e.g., fatigue, breath, etc. They now show the remaining time in the M:SS
format;
- Added the default cast bars' skin for people who don't use my unit frames;
- Updated "Blizzard" config section. Added options to customise mirror timers, digsite bar;
- Updated "Action Bars" config section. In addition to aforementioned cooldown changes, I also
added options to customise action buttons' colours and to desaturate icons when buttons are
unusable;
- Updated the loot frame, so it's impossible to click through it;
- Numerous bug fixes and tweaks;
- Updated embeds.

NOTE #1: You'll have to restart WoW client to make things work after the update.

NOTE #2: Aura module's config is now cross-layout, which means that it'll use the same settings
for both "Orbs" and "Classic" layouts. Although almost everything should be copied, some data loss
may occur.

Version 80000.03

- Reworked micro menu. Again. Added options to split micro menu into two bars and to assign each
button to either bar individually;
- Fixed loot frame error that occurred for people who like to spam-click things;
- Updated both Spanish translations. Translated by [email protected]

Version 80000.02

- Fixed "Classic" layout.

Version 80000.01

- Added 8.0.1 support;
- Added custom loot frame;
- Added mouseover key binding. Use "/lsui kb" command or "Binding Mode" button in the config;
- Added options to enable DK runes' sorting and colouring by spec;
- Reworked action bar hub. Retired bag bar;
- Reworked micro menu and its config. Added "Inventory" micro button;
- Reworked tooltips. Added tooltip mover and the option to attach it to the mouse cursor;
- Numerous bug fixes and tweaks;
- Updated embeds.
Archived Files (11)
File Name
Version
Size
Author
Date
80000.11
1MB
lightspark
09-28-18 10:00 AM
80000.10
1MB
lightspark
09-17-18 06:58 AM
80000.09
1MB
lightspark
08-16-18 02:06 AM
80000.08
1MB
lightspark
07-28-18 06:23 AM
80000.07
1MB
lightspark
07-27-18 02:57 AM
80000.06
1MB
lightspark
07-25-18 06:47 AM
80000.05
1MB
lightspark
07-25-18 04:26 AM
80000.04
1MB
lightspark
07-24-18 09:32 AM
80000.03
1MB
lightspark
07-19-18 08:50 PM
80000.02
1MB
lightspark
07-18-18 05:20 AM
80000.01
1MB
lightspark
07-17-18 10:39 AM


Post A Reply Comment Options
Unread Today, 03:55 AM  
lightspark
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
 
lightspark's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 305
File comments: 798
Uploads: 6
I'll release an update a bit later today. There's a multitude of under-the-hood changes, but there's almost nothing interesting for you guys >_>

I added text size, outline and shadow options to all UF elements:


I also added aforementioned health loss animations and options to adjust when it's shown:


But overall this update is massive: 30 changed files 2,597 additions and 2,256 deletions.

-- edit #1

Pushed the update.

Now I need to add similar text options to cooldowns and action bars. I've also started working on configurable colours.
__________________
Last edited by lightspark : 10-17-18 at 04:42 AM.
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-18, 03:23 AM  
lightspark
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
 
lightspark's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 305
File comments: 798
Uploads: 6
While rewriting a buttload of UF-related code, I decided to rewrite gain/loss indicators, it didn't change much visually, but now multiple loss events are combined into one, which should make things prettier :P I also added similar indicator health bars, but it only shows health loss.



Right now I'm the options for these widgets, current plan is to allow changing its threshold at which it activates and colours for gain and loss textures.
__________________
Last edited by lightspark : 10-15-18 at 08:43 AM.
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-18, 09:27 PM  
lightspark
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
 
lightspark's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 305
File comments: 798
Uploads: 6
Originally Posted by Firedancer
Only add it if you think you need to. I am comfortable with remembering to edit the .toc myself as needed.

Thank you for looking into it. I was looking through those libs as well but load order never entered my mind for some reason.
I'll add it to improve compatibility :P It's just one line.

I won't be adding Masque support for aforementioned reasons though
__________________
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-18, 05:51 PM  
Firedancer
An Aku'mai Servant
 
Firedancer's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 35
File comments: 41
Uploads: 1
Originally Posted by lightspark
I'll add it w/ the next update as well :P

I didn't have it because I don't have Masque support, I use custom widgets for buttons' borders which are incompatible w/ Masque >_>
Only add it if you think you need to. I am comfortable with remembering to edit the .toc myself as needed.

Thank you for looking into it. I was looking through those libs as well but load order never entered my mind for some reason.
__________________
(\ /)
( . .) <( if you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please' then I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes' )
c('')('')
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-18, 10:08 AM  
lightspark
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
 
lightspark's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 305
File comments: 798
Uploads: 6
Originally Posted by Firedancer
I'm trying to figure out why ls:UI is changing the shape of the autocast glow on my round WAs. I use Masque: Serenity on the WA (which is attached to my mouse). If ls:UI is enabled, the glow is squared. If I disable ls:UI, then it shows a rounded (which is what I'd prefer). Any idea if this is fixable somehow (even if it is a fix I apply myself whenever I need to)?

That's really really weird, it's hard to tell what causing it because it involves addons I'm not doing anything with. The only places where Masque is referenced are LibActionButton and LibButtonGlow libs, but they shouldn't break anything...

I'll investigate it tomorrow, it's almost midnight here >_>

-- edit #1

Decided to check one thing before going to bed...

As I thought, it happens because my addon loads earlier than Masque, and it loads its copy of LibButtonGlow, which is used by Masque as well, but because Masque isn't loaded at that moment, it results in this issue.

The only way to fix it is to add Masque to optional dependencies.

Open ls_UI.toc and add this line after ## SavedVariables thingy.
Code:
## OptionalDeps: Masque
I'll add it w/ the next update as well :P

I didn't have it because I don't have Masque support, I use custom widgets for buttons' borders which are incompatible w/ Masque >_>
__________________
Last edited by lightspark : 10-12-18 at 11:00 AM.
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-18, 09:17 AM  
Firedancer
An Aku'mai Servant
 
Firedancer's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 35
File comments: 41
Uploads: 1
I'm trying to figure out why ls:UI is changing the shape of the autocast glow on my round WAs. I use Masque: Serenity on the WA (which is attached to my mouse). If ls:UI is enabled, the glow is squared. If I disable ls:UI, then it shows a rounded (which is what I'd prefer). Any idea if this is fixable somehow (even if it is a fix I apply myself whenever I need to)?

__________________
(\ /)
( . .) <( if you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please' then I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes' )
c('')('')
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-18, 07:31 PM  
Dernes
A Kobold Labourer
 
Dernes's Avatar

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 12
Uploads: 0
Originally Posted by lightspark
No, iirc, those are arena frames that are temporarily hijacked to show flag carriers. Since I don't have arena frames, you should be seeing Blizz frames, cuz my addon does nothing to them at all.
Oh! Is that what they are. That makes more sense then. Thanks for clarifying!
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-18, 06:55 PM  
lightspark
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
 
lightspark's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 305
File comments: 798
Uploads: 6
Originally Posted by Dernes
Hey ls! I had a curious question... I do a lot of battlegrounds these days and one of the frames that I noticed you don't have is the battleground flag carrier frames. Is that something that one day you would consider adding? I've no idea how much trouble that is. I honestly first thought they were the same as the boss frames until someone pointed out they were different frames...

Just wondering looking forward to your upcoming edits!
No, iirc, those are arena frames that are temporarily hijacked to show flag carriers. Since I don't have arena frames, you should be seeing Blizz frames, cuz my addon does nothing to them at all.
__________________
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-18, 11:43 AM  
Dernes
A Kobold Labourer
 
Dernes's Avatar

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 12
Uploads: 0
Hey ls! I had a curious question... I do a lot of battlegrounds these days and one of the frames that I noticed you don't have is the battleground flag carrier frames. Is that something that one day you would consider adding? I've no idea how much trouble that is. I honestly first thought they were the same as the boss frames until someone pointed out they were different frames...

Just wondering looking forward to your upcoming edits!
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-18, 06:12 AM  
lightspark
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
 
lightspark's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 305
File comments: 798
Uploads: 6
Originally Posted by Firedancer
Woohoo!
It'll take some time, I have to rewrite a lot of stuff to make it work well, or at least the way I expect it to work

But before I continue updating other elements, I need to rework my config's file/folder structure, it's getting quite hard to work on files w/ >3k lines in them, I have to jump between bookmarks a lot which isn't helpful at all >_>
__________________
Last edited by lightspark : 10-10-18 at 08:11 AM.
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-18, 08:30 AM  
Firedancer
An Aku'mai Servant
 
Firedancer's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 35
File comments: 41
Uploads: 1
Originally Posted by lightspark
TY <3

Originally Posted by Firedancer
The ability to choose custom reaction colors (hated, friendly, exalted, etc)
Do you mean overriding these colours? If yes, then it's planned, but no ETA.
Yes, exactly. I like to have a separate color for each one (ex: honored = green, revered = blue, exalted = purple) and usually just change the info in the constants.lua file to achieve it.

Originally Posted by lightspark
Originally Posted by Firedancer
The ability to change the font size and font outline (and disable shadow) for unitframe texts.
And this one is literally what I'm working on now
Woohoo!
__________________
(\ /)
( . .) <( if you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please' then I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes' )
c('')('')
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-18, 07:33 PM  
lightspark
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
 
lightspark's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 305
File comments: 798
Uploads: 6
TY <3

Originally Posted by Firedancer
The ability to choose custom reaction colors (hated, friendly, exalted, etc)
Do you mean overriding these colours? If yes, then it's planned, but no ETA.

Originally Posted by Firedancer
The ability to change the font size and font outline (and disable shadow) for unitframe texts.
And this one is literally what I'm working on now
__________________
Last edited by lightspark : 10-07-18 at 07:35 PM.
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-18, 03:04 PM  
Firedancer
An Aku'mai Servant
 
Firedancer's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 35
File comments: 41
Uploads: 1
I'm really enjoying BfA while using your UI. I only have two suggestions, as these are things I change every time I update the UI. No worries if they aren't in your scope/plans for the UI; I don't mind changing the files as needed. I just thought maybe there were others that might do the same and find these suggestions useful.
  1. The ability to choose custom reaction colors (hated, friendly, exalted, etc).
  2. The ability to change the font size and font outline (and disable shadow) for unitframe texts.
Thank you for all the work you do on this UI and on ls_toasts! It is nice to have a custom UI that is well maintained and nice to look at.
__________________
(\ /)
( . .) <( if you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please' then I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes' )
c('')('')
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-18, 06:50 PM  
lightspark
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
 
lightspark's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 305
File comments: 798
Uploads: 6
Originally Posted by sirpucna
getting a weird bug where the pet abilities Attack/Follow/MoveTo keep dissapearing off the petbar
O_o I've never experienced anything like that, and there's nothing in my code that removes/clears pet action buttons for you.
__________________
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-18, 02:23 AM  
sirpucna
A Murloc Raider

Forum posts: 6
File comments: 14
Uploads: 0
getting a weird bug where the pet abilities Attack/Follow/MoveTo keep dissapearing off the petbar
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Post A Reply



Category Jump: