WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Author UIs (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51523)

syncrow 02-20-15 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightspark (Post 306664)
I'm currently working on v2.0 though, changes are coming :banana:

quite nice, i prefer stylistic UI's like that, but the statusbar texture seems to plastic imo.

lightspark 02-21-15 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by syncrow (Post 306679)
quite nice, i prefer stylistic UI's like that, but the statusbar texture seems to plastic imo.

Thanks! I know :( but unitframe revamp is coming anyway, but need to decide on design first, the more I draw the more I dislike my current UFs, to tell the truth I've never liked anything but player and pet frames :D

I will probably turn power and class power bars on the orb into vertical statusbars with pipelike textures. Easier to maintain and much cleaner code :D But easier said than done, I have to draw something decent first, for now I'm updating/adding anything else but unitframes..

syncrow 02-21-15 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightspark (Post 306688)
Thanks! I know :( but unitframe revamp is coming anyway, but need to decide on design first, the more I draw the more I dislike my current UFs, to tell the truth I've never liked anything but player and pet frames :D

I will probably turn power and class power bars on the orb into vertical statusbars with pipelike textures. Easier to maintain and much cleaner code :D But easier said than done, I have to draw something decent first, for now I'm updating/adding anything else but unitframes..

I know exactly what do you mean...same goes for me. texture decision and drawing are some of the cruelest parts..

Firedancer 02-25-15 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seerah (Post 306675)
The art around the action bar is in the default UI, used in kgPanels via my SharedMedia_Blizzard. The other art along the bottom is oooold, from Firedancer UI.

I thought I recognized that panel! I'm glad someone still finds it useful. :)

Seerah 02-25-15 05:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've had it saved on my hard drive for years. I pull it out every now and then. :) Here it is in a different UI from way back in BC. ;)

Gethe 02-26-15 12:35 PM

Prior to RealUI, I had just cobbled together my own out of PitBull, Bartender, Satrina's Buff Frames, PowerAuras, and a few others. Unfortunately I don't think I have any screenshots of it, though if i happen to find any ill post them.

Munglunch 03-16-15 11:44 AM

This might come as a surprise....

Here is mine

However, every once in awhile I like to use RothUI or RealUI simply because they are beautiful. ;)

Tonyleila 03-16-15 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munglunch (Post 307545)
Mine

However, every once in awhile I like to use RothUI or RealUI simply because they are beautiful. ;)

Love your UI, have used it for a while on PTR. There shoud be more UIs like this - feels like the UI got much love.

JDoubleU00 03-16-15 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munglunch (Post 307545)
Mine

Very cool. I have Attention Deficit UI, so I may try yours.

Resike 03-16-15 02:07 PM

Here is mine!

Munglunch 03-16-15 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonyleila (Post 307552)
Love your UI, have used it for a while on PTR. There shoud be more UIs like this - feels like the UI got much love.

Thank you!
It definitely seems like there are more and more people giving it a shot these days.

JDoubleU00 03-16-15 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Resike (Post 307556)
Here is mine!

I guess this proves any race can look ridiculous.

jeffy162 03-16-15 07:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, here's mine.
Attachment 8550
Hold the snigger's, please. I know it isn't very neat or nice, but it works for me.

JDoubleU00 03-16-15 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffy162 (Post 307570)
Well, here's mine.
Attachment 8550
Hold the snigger's, please. I know it isn't very neat or nice, but it works for me.

What unit frame and minimap are you using?

Tonyleila 03-17-15 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocnroll (Post 307571)
What unit frame and minimap are you using?

I bet with your: Carbonit and oUF (Phanx?)

jeffy162 03-17-15 08:46 AM

Unit frames are PitBull 4 and the minimap you see is the Carbonite minimized map. I've messed around and changed the skin color on it, though, that's why it doesn't look like Carbonite.
(Hey, Tonyleila, one out of two ain't bad, for guessing!)

Tonyleila 03-17-15 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffy162 (Post 307580)
Unit frames are PitBull 4 and the minimap you see is the Carbonite minimized map. I've messed around and changed the skin color on it, though, that's why it doesn't look like Carbonite.
(Hey, Tonyleila, one out of two ain't bad, for guessing!)

Unfair I did not know PitBull is still alive! Come on oUF looks almost 95% same I guessed it was an edit :)

jeffy162 03-17-15 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonyleila (Post 307594)
Unfair I did not know PitBull is still alive! Come on oUF looks almost 95% same I guessed it was an edit :)

PitBull is very much alive. I didn't know, but figured, you could get a unit frame like I use with just about anything out there that is highly configurable. I know I messed around with SUF for about half an hour and came pretty close. I just did it to see if I could. About five more minutes and it would've been done, but I got tired or reloading the UI every time I made a change. THAT'S a real drag. And if I was any good with Lua I might be using oUF.

Tonyleila 03-17-15 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffy162 (Post 307596)
PitBull is very much alive. I didn't know, but figured, you could get a unit frame like I use with just about anything out there that is highly configurable. I know I messed around with SUF for about half an hour and came pretty close. I just did it to see if I could. About five more minutes and it would've been done, but I got tired or reloading the UI every time I made a change. THAT'S a real drag. And if I was any good with Lua I might be using oUF.

PitBull has always been TOO highly configurable for me - when I last looked into it it was PitBull 3 and had to watch youtube guids to understand how to set it up. Are you shure you are talking about SUF with reload? Or Stuf?

10leej 03-18-15 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonyleila (Post 307597)
PitBull has always been TOO highly configurable for me - when I last looked into it it was PitBull 3 and had to watch youtube guids to understand how to set it up. Are you shure you are talking about SUF with reload? Or Stuf?

It's much simpler nowadays. however still complex if you don't know what your looking at.