WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Released AddOns (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   InFlight - Updating default data (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18997)

LyssaKi 08-12-11 07:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are more.

Kikuchiyo 08-14-11 04:37 PM

Saw Some ??s

1 Attachment(s)
Thoughtit might help.

foot1647 10-18-11 11:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just found well over 20 flight paths today that had "??" times while flying to all the inn's for Hallows End. Hope this helps! :banana:

LyssaKi 11-12-11 12:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Some more flight times.

Vlad 11-12-11 07:37 AM

Question; can't we use math and the flight pointer data and time between each point, to calculate all the possibilities and generate the lua data needed for all flightpaths? :)

I started slowly to read the dbc and how the different files related to flight work, it's a bit hard for now but I expect it to get much clearer the more I work with it, hehe. Anyway, just an idea to more pro coders and math guys out there! ;)

TaxiPath.dbc <-- each pathId has a begining and an end node and a copper cost
TaxiPathNode.dbc <-- each flight route (i.e. SW to Goldshire) has unique PathNodeId but the second field is the same as the one in TaxiPath (so you can look it up and get a list of all nodes from start to finish for a specific flight) and has mapid and coordinates too
TaxiNodes.dbc <-- each node the bird flies to has a node with delay flag, mapid and coordinates and such

speak 11-14-11 06:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i took tons of flights during hallow's end and have taken a lot of flights lately across bunches of characters, all alliance. attached is a zip file of my inflight.lua, and six inflight_load.lua files.
hope they help!

Torhal 11-15-11 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vladinator (Post 247174)
Question; can't we use math and the flight pointer data and time between each point, to calculate all the possibilities and generate the lua data needed for all flightpaths? :)<snip>

No; flights almost never go in a straight line between the flight paths.

OotahGootah 11-21-11 01:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my data:

totalpackage 11-29-11 11:59 PM

Thanks everyone. Updated as of today for version 4.3.001.

johnnyj 12-27-11 04:56 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here you go!

Antiphus 03-25-12 08:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Been doing a lot of flights for Archaeology, picked up a few ?? along the way. Hope it helps.

OotahGootah 08-09-12 06:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
More Data!

p3lim 08-09-12 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torhal (Post 247341)
No; flights almost never go in a straight line between the flight paths.

But you could use the data and get all the flights, so you know which ones you miss from your database.

Vlad 08-10-12 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p3lim (Post 259435)
But you could use the data and get all the flights, so you know which ones you miss from your database.

Sorry for necro, but just wanted to link this post by Saiket:
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...t=41795&page=2

He had a lot of info on this, how I see it it's a lot of work, I too have some prototype lying on my drive somewhere, but it's definitely doable, making a program to read from the game data files and produce a lua file that contains the required information so that the game may generate a very accurate estimation on how long the flight will take. Doable but takes some dedication, with a lot of more researching. Latency, the speed attribute and path joining issues must be accounted for before accurate estimations can be produced. :)

johnnyj 10-27-12 08:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's some flight path data for you!

Vlad 10-27-12 11:16 PM

Keep in mind that InFlight needs an update to consider the guild perk that increases speeds by 20% and will affect the timers stored, need a new system to distinct this or always store the data without the perk (and let the addon end handle applying the guild perk speed if applicable).

LyssaKi 11-24-12 03:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are some more. Mostly Pandaria and a couple in Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms.

InriHSM 12-08-12 01:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hopefully there's at least one or two new times in there for ya.

totalpackage 12-08-12 06:02 PM

I've just added support for the guild perk. I have read that the speed increase is inconsistent, so for now, InFlight will not record data for people who are in guilds with level above 20. However, if you enable so, it will try to show the time reduction.

For recent and future posted data, let me know if you ever had the guild perk.

totalpackage 12-08-12 06:04 PM

For the data mining posts, that would be awesome. I'm all for it, but I don't have the resources to go into it myself. I'll gladly retire InFlight if such a mod is done.