WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Help/Support (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   MazzleUI Skins - Share your work or place a request (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13798)

Elcarath 11-28-07 08:36 PM

MazzleUI Skins - Share your work or place a request

12 Attachment(s)
Well, I was wondering if there was anyone else making their own skins? Figured I would post up screen shots of a couple skins I have done and see if there was any interest in sharing our hard work.

I have modified my mazzlefier to include my skins on the Skins tab, takes editing 3 lua's in mazzle's folders and a couple in the skin folder, long as your careful and not leave out a comma, or forget to close the tags, its not to hard :D If you all are interested I can do my best to explain the way I did it, hopefully it's the right way ;) , then you can have as many skins as you want.

Lets start by posting up some of our screen shots, or posting up an idea that you would like see made into a skin, and see where it goes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cralor
I think there needs to be an index for all these awesome textures!!

Maybe you should list all the MazzleUI skins on WoWI on the first post? That way people don't have to scroll the whole thread, and can see all the skins for Mazzle in one area, and not have to search around WoWI for the skin downloads.

Thought it would be of help to others.

Nice work on everyone's skins! :)

Of course, Brilliant, here ya go :)
If you hover over the thumbnail it should tell you what the Skin is, click on them to see a full view and then just click on the link above to go straight to the download for that skin. Keep them coming and I will post an update here to link to them as well

cbarthel 11-29-07 10:28 AM

skins

Those are really nice :) I think I may have to try my hand and making a skin. :D Do you have some kind of template set up to do these?

Heartwork 11-29-07 11:48 AM

Those are nice , i wish there were more skins available for DL to Mazzle.

Elcarath 11-29-07 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbarthel
I think I may have to try my hand and making a skin. :D Do you have some kind of template set up to do these?

You should :) let us see what you come up with too. I actually used BLP2PNG to convert the blp files from Mazzles default skin, they became my templetes. I open them into PS as the base layer, that way I get everything positioned right, and then remove that layer before I save them back as PNG files. BLP2PNG converts them back to BLP's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heartwork
Those are nice , i wish there were more skins available for DL to Mazzle.

I'm hoping this will be the place to go for lots of skins :)

Is anyone interested in adding more skins to their mazzlegasm's? I can put together a step by step if so, then we can download all that we like. I have started working on a skin using some of HR Gigers work, looks cool in my head :cool: just hope it comes out that way.

Looking forward to seeing more skins

Cralor 11-29-07 06:30 PM

I think this thread needs to be stickied.

Glad you started it up.

Nice skins!!

Elcarath 11-30-07 08:29 AM

Quote:

I think this thread needs to be stickied.

Glad you started it up.

Not sure how a post becomes stickied :) it would be cool though. Thanks for the post

I am working on writing up instructions for adding in a new skin, and hope to have them posted some time today. I will also be posting the two skins I made for those who would like to use them.

Elcarath 12-01-07 10:33 AM

Here are the instructions to add a new skin. They are also in the ZIP file and should be included in any skin folders that are downloaded. These instructions assume you have the latest release of MazzleUI and it is in working order. Well then, Here we go :)

In the downloaded zip file there will be several lua files and a couple folders.
  1. Copy the folder MazzleUI_Skin_"author"_"skin name" into \World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns just as it is, no changes needed.
  2. Open up the Preview Image folder and copy the file inside to the \World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Mazzifier\images folder
  3. Open the file ADD_to_your_MazzleUI_AddOnDB.lua with wordpad (NOT notepad) and copy the full line that is there.
  4. Open the file MazzleUI_AddOnDB.lua with wordpad, it will be in the \World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\MazzleUI folder.

• Do a search for MazzleUI_Skin, should be a list of at least 8 more depending on how many skins you have installed. Scroll down to the bottom of the skins listed.
    • Paste the line you copied from the previous step at the bottom of this section. It should look like this:

Code:

["MazzleUI_Skin_Dreadlorde_Discord"] = { core = true, library= true, specialPackages = {mule = true},},
                                      ["MazzleUI_Skin_Kappatre_Slate"] = { core = true, library= true, specialPackages = {mule = true},},
      ----this is the line you added - ->  ["MazzleUI_Skin_Elcarath_BloodElf"] = { core = true, library= true, specialPackages = {mule = true},},
                                        ["MCP"] = { core = true, specialPackages = {mule = true},},

• Save and close
  5. Open the file ADD_to_your_MazzleOptions_Settings2.lua with wordpad (NOT notepad) and copy the 7 lines there
  6. Open the file MazzleOptions_Settings2.lua with wordpad, it will be in the \World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\MazzleOptions folder.
    • Do a search for MazzleUI_Skin, the section for each skin is 7 linnes, you will need to scroll down to bottom of the skins listed
    • Paste the lines you copied from the previous step, allow a blank line below the last skin, it should look like this:
      Code:

tempItem = {
                              ["addonName"] = "MazzleUI_Skin_Noob123_Undead",
                              ["requiredAddOn"] = "MazzleUI_Skin_Noob123_Undead",
                              ["type"] = "AddOnHeader",
                              ["addonDescription"] = "This load-on-demand add-on provides artwork and layout information for Noob123's Undead skin.",
              }
          table.insert(addItem, tempItem)

tempItem = {
                              ["addonName"] = "MazzleUI_Skin_Elcarath_BloodElf",
                              ["requiredAddOn"] = "MazzleUI_Skin_Elcarath_BloodElf",
                              ["addonDescription"] = "This load-on-demand add-on provides artwork and layout information for Elcarath's Blood Elf skin.",
              }

tempItem = {
                              ["addonName"] = "Metrognome",
                              ["requiredAddOn"] = "Metrognome",
                              ["addonDescription"] = "This add-on is an Ace 2 library that allows add-ons to set up OnUpdate-like processing using any arbitrary timer interval.",
              }

• Save and close
  7. Open the file ADD_to_your_Mazzifier_Globals.lua with wordpad (NOT notepad) and copy the 2 lines there
  8. Open the file Mazzifier_Globals.lua with wordpad, it will be in the \World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Mazzifier folder
    • Do a search for Mazifier_skininfo, should be a list of at least 8 more depending on how many skins you have installed. Scroll down to the bottom of the skins listed.
    • Paste the lines you copied from the previous step, Important- change the number that is in the square brakets to the next number, it should look like this:
      Code:

Mazzifier_SkinInfo[7] = {name="Kappatre's Slate Skin", devname= "slate", image="slate", lodName = "MazzleUI_Skin_Kappatre_Slate",
                                                description="|CFF00FF00Skin Name|r: Kappatre's Purple Slate Skin\n\n|CFF00FF00Author|r:  Kappatre\n\n|CFF00FF00Description|r: Purple skin with gradient texture.  Modeled to look similar to a Skinner look.\n\n|CFF00FF00Provides|r: Bottom panel artwork and other basic artwork (castbar border, chatbox border, minimap border).  "}
                      Mazzifier_SkinInfo[8] = {name="Dreadlorde's Discord Skin", devname= "discord", image="discord", lodName = "MazzleUI_Skin_Dreadlorde_Discord",
                                                description="|CFF00FF00Skin Name|r: Dreadlorde's Discord Skin\n\n|CFF00FF00Author|r:  Dreadlorde\n\n|CFF00FF00Description|r: Skin using textures from the Discord mods and web site.\n\n|CFF00FF00Provides|r: Bottom panel artwork and other basic artwork (castbar border, chatbox border, minimap border).  "}
                      Mazzifier_SkinInfo[9] = {name="Elcarath's Blood Elf Skin", devname= "bloodelf", image="ElcarathBloodElf", lodName = "MazzleUI_Skin_Elcarath_BloodElf",
                                                description="|CFF00FF00Skin Name|r: Elcaraths Blood Elf Skin\n\n|CFF00FF00Author|r:  Elcarath\n\n|CFF00FF00Description|r: Based on the Blood Elf website on World of Warcraft. Red and gold theme using images from the website.\n\n|CFF00FF00Provides|r: Bottom panel artwork and other basic artwork (castbar border, chatbox border, minimap border).  "}

• Save and close
  9. Start up WOW, run the Mazzifier and your new skin should be available in the drop down.

I am waiting for approval on the downloads page, soon as they are available I will post a link to to the skins I have done :)

Elcarath 12-01-07 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elcarath
I am waiting for approval on the downloads page, soon as they are available I will post a link to to the skins I have done

Here is my Blood Elf skin :)

Elcarath 12-01-07 11:08 AM

and here is my Draenei Skin :)

Elcarath 12-03-07 11:34 AM

Request for a Pink Skin

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by xXAshlinaXx
I love the fact that you have included new skins for mazzle The night elf one is really nice for my druid. A girly pink one would be cool for my gnome mage pls ! :o

Ran across this request on another thread and thought, What the hey, :) I'll give it a shot. Dug around and found a pink leafy border that seemed to fit the bill and went from there. Hopefully I got somewhere close to the request :D

You can download it here

Viroc 12-03-07 10:50 PM

How about some kind of Merciless Gladiator/Vengeful Gladiator Arena/PvP theme? or PvP Troll warrior? Just a thought...

DeTard 12-04-07 01:11 AM

I had to say it... sorry...

How about a Nightelf Mohawk theme? :)

Elcarath 12-04-07 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeTard
I had to say it... sorry...

How about a Nightelf Mohawk theme? :)

Nice :)

"Maybe Mister T is pretty handy with computers" :D

Wonder if he is a MazzleUI user too ;)

Elcarath 12-04-07 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viroc
How about some kind of Merciless Gladiator/Vengeful Gladiator Arena/PvP theme? or PvP Troll warrior? Just a thought...

That would be cool, I can try and come up with something. Did you have anything particular in mind?

Dreadlorde 12-04-07 07:19 PM

I should make another skin for mazzle. I'm not to fond of how the last one came out..

Viroc 12-04-07 10:53 PM

Sadly, when it comes to art, I am about the least creative person on earth. That being said, I don't have anything particular in mind; I'm really excited to see where you (the guy with actual artistic ability) take it. Your work looks inspired from what I have seen.

Elaana 12-05-07 05:29 AM

I really like the Blood Elf and Draenei themes! As far as inspiration goes for other skins, could you possibly throw one together for each race? Just along the same concept as the other two, racial symbol on one side, picture of said race on the other, with unique color schemes and borders? I happen to play a blood elf, orc, and tauren and would simply love to have a racial skin for each one. :D

[Edit] I'd try to throw a few together myself but the file extension are completely foreign to me. The Photoshop/Gimp work isn't the problem, it's the file extensions, and the fact that Photoshop is currently not speaking with Vista. Okay..Photoshop is also a problem. lol.

Elcarath 12-05-07 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreadlorde
I should make another skin for mazzle. I'm not to fond of how the last one came out..

You should, I would like to see a new skin, or two, from you :)

Good to hear from you Dreadlorde

Elcarath 12-05-07 06:49 PM

Thanks for the kind words Viroc, Give me a little time to think on it :) will come up with somethin for ya

Dreadlorde 12-05-07 06:54 PM

I'm making a new one now. That's one's a secret though ;)

I was thinking of making a gnome one and a WoWI one too.

Elcarath 12-05-07 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elaana
I really like the Blood Elf and Draenei themes! As far as inspiration goes for other skins, could you possibly throw one together for each race? Just along the same concept as the other two, racial symbol on one side, picture of said race on the other, with unique color schemes and borders? I happen to play a blood elf, orc, and tauren and would simply love to have a racial skin for each one. :D

[Edit] I'd try to throw a few together myself but the file extension are completely foreign to me. The Photoshop/Gimp work isn't the problem, it's the file extensions, and the fact that Photoshop is currently not speaking with Vista. Okay..Photoshop is also a problem. lol.

Understand the Vista issue, I gave up on Vista and went back to XP, much happier now :) On the extensions, I'm assuming your talking about the BLP files. BLP2PNG works fantastic. Drop the blp on it and it converts it over to a PNG. PS/GIMP works great with PNG's, keeps the transperency layer without worrying about the Alpha channels and such. Just get everything the way you want and save as PNG. Drop the PNG on BLP2PNG and it converts it back to BLP, no hassles at all :D

If you can get Vista to play nice you should give one a shot :) , but in the meantime, I still have the PSD's for those 2 I did, soooo it shouldn't be to difficult to make a few more based on that layout. Let me see what I can do.

dizzy49 12-05-07 07:17 PM

I've had several bouts with Vista myself, but aside from HP not having printer drivers that work for my printer, all is well at the moment.

I'm using the slate skin I think (the dark purple one). When I click on a character they come up in the top middle of the UI. The icon that represents the class seems to be off a pixel or two or something. I can see white edges around part of it. Anyone else noticed this?

I'm using a 27" Widescreen Dell LCD, 1.6 aspect ratio.

cbarthel 12-05-07 08:10 PM

First skin!

Be kind :)

I know there is some issues with how the 4 parts of the bottom blend together, it's tuff to have a unique pattern show up right. Anybody out there using The Gimp have tips on getting the Bottom1, 2, 3, and 4 to blend let me know.

Link to download: NightElf Skin - Purple

I suck at posting screenshots - and/or I'm just lazy - so click for full view: NightElfSkin.jpg

cbarthel 12-05-07 08:19 PM

Another skin

3 Attachment(s)
Here is another skin I've started, the thumbnails are of bottom 1 and 3. Don't know why I don't one of 2. Meh.

Let me know if I should finish this out :)

obsidianblack 12-05-07 11:36 PM

Yeah keep going i like that one

Elcarath 12-06-07 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzy49
I've had several bouts with Vista myself, but aside from HP not having printer drivers that work for my printer, all is well at the moment.

I'm using the slate skin I think (the dark purple one). When I click on a character they come up in the top middle of the UI. The icon that represents the class seems to be off a pixel or two or something. I can see white edges around part of it. Anyone else noticed this?

I'm using a 27" Widescreen Dell LCD, 1.6 aspect ratio.

The image that was used for that background does have a white section right where that icon should be. The image would need to be recreated with that box removed for the white line to go away. Sounds like its just lining up a little off on that wide of a screen. If you would like me to remake that image I can. Drop me a private message and I will send you the file and instructions on how to swap it out. :)

Elcarath 12-06-07 12:12 AM

Quote:

Here is another skin I've started, the thumbnails are of bottom 1 and 3. Don't know why I don't one of 2. Meh.

Let me know if I should finish this out :)

I agree :cool: I would like to see that one finished up for sure. Keep up the good work

Elaana 12-06-07 04:24 AM

I like the purple night elf skin! I don't play a night elf, otherwise I'd download it. Looks good, in my opinion.

Keep going with that other one as well. Looks really interesting :)

Elcarath 12-06-07 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreadlorde
I'm making a new one now. That's one's a secret though ;)

I was thinking of making a gnome one and a WoWI one too.

Very cool :cool: I'm looking forward to seeing them, specially that secret one :)

Dreadlorde 12-06-07 07:32 PM

Topspe Cret

Done with that one.

:D

obsidianblack 12-06-07 08:18 PM

Oooohhh where do i download that :)

Elaana 12-06-07 11:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ooooh dreadlorde I like that one. Is it up for download?

I'm still waiting on my Tauren and Orc layouts too, by the way. lol.

Seriously though, I got started on a tauren one but got stumped on what to use for a border. The background is just a leather texture I picked up, following the same basic premise of the Blood Elf and Draenei layouts. Tauren emblem on the left, racial picture on the right. Just need a border and/or some other Taurenish doodads to put in there.

I'd also like suggestions for an Orc layout, like what colors, textures, and borders I should use. I wanted to do a Troll one as well, so same goes for that one. Any suggestions (preferably links to open source materials that I can save and edit in gimp) would be greatly appreciated.

If I do complete a layout and resave it would somebody be so kind as to put it all together for me? The scripting is way beyond me, I don't get it at all, so if I just put all the image files into a folder would somebody be willing to throw it all together?

Here's a picture of the color scheme I had picked out for my Tauren layout, but I dunno, I think it's kind of ugly. I can't think of anything to use as a border, but maybe that's really all it's missing. If somebody has a better background color and texture they'd like to see let me know. It's really all I could find.

Elcarath 12-07-07 01:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

I'm still waiting on my Tauren and Orc layouts too, by the way. lol.

Seriously though, I got started on a tauren one but got stumped on what to use for a border. The background is just a leather texture I picked up, following the same basic premise of the Blood Elf and Draenei layouts. Tauren emblem on the left, racial picture on the right. Just need a border and/or some other Taurenish doodads to put in there.

If I do complete a layout and resave it would somebody be so kind as to put it all together for me? The scripting is way beyond me, I don't get it at all, so if I just put all the image files into a folder would somebody be willing to throw it all together?

Wow, Great minds think alike :D This is what I have done so far, a friend of mine plays a Tauren so I had some things in mind and started this after your post. :p I still have to build out the Floating Cave area and hope to have it done tomorrow, Sat for sure. I really like that leather look you have going, please finish it up. Also, I would be happy to do the coding for you, just send me the blp files and what you would like the preview pane to say. Thats the part that has the "Description" and "Provides" text on the Skin tab.

Elaana 12-07-07 01:04 AM

Thanks. I planned on making a few different racial versions for all. A druidic/shamanistic one and a more warrior-like one for the Tauren, for example, maybe a voodoo priest like one and a more shamanistic one for trolls as well. I just can't find any good textures anywhere to use and I am at a complete loss as far as borders are concerned.

Elcarath 12-07-07 01:07 AM

Nice one Dreadlorde :) I'm liking the top secret ;) Will we have a download link soon?

Elcarath 12-07-07 01:11 AM

Quote:

Thanks. I planned on making a few different racial versions for all. A druidic/shamanistic one and a more warrior-like one for the Tauren, for example, maybe a voodoo priest like one and a more shamanistic one for trolls as well. I just can't find any good textures anywhere to use and I am at a complete loss as far as borders are concerned.

Giving up some secrets ;) I find sites like this NEVERL8's Bars/Lines/Dividers and GIFs, find them to be handy when that border just wont come to you. Hope it helps :)

Dreadlorde 12-07-07 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elcarath
Nice one Dreadlorde :) I'm liking the top secret ;) Will we have a download link soon?

Yes :) :)

Elcarath 12-07-07 08:52 PM

New Tauren Theme Skin

1 Attachment(s)
Just finished up a Tauren skin based of the Blood Elf and Draenei I posted earlier. You can download it HERE

Hope you guys like this one too :) Look forward to seeing some other skins up here too - Happy Skinning :cool:

Garb 12-07-07 09:10 PM

I would love to have a working transparent skin

cbarthel 12-08-07 12:11 AM

New skin

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, finished my skin. You can download it HERE .

Dreadlorde 12-08-07 10:46 AM

My shiny skin should be up soon.

MoogPC 12-08-07 02:36 PM

I like all the work here but..........argh!

I don't feel like going all through the ui code to keep adding them, is there an easier way?

cbarthel 12-08-07 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoogPC
I like all the work here but..........argh!

I don't feel like going all through the ui code to keep adding them, is there an easier way?

Yea, it is kind of a pain. I'm not a LUA coder, so I don't know if there is a way to easily add new skins. Maybe someone with more skills could help out. I could, if I had the time, probably write a VBScript or something to insert the appropriate lines into the LUA files. LOL

Cralor 12-08-07 08:29 PM

I think there needs to be an index for all these awesome textures!!

Maybe you should list all the MazzleUI skins on WoWI on the first post? That way people don't have to scroll the whole thread, and can see all the skins for Mazzle in one area, and not have to search around WoWI for the skin downloads.

Thought it would be of help to others.

Nice work on everyone's skins! :)

Elcarath 12-08-07 09:41 PM

Links added to first post

Great Idea :) - I added the screenshots and links to the first post. They are listed in the order they where made available here :cool:

It would be cool if there was an easier way to import a new skin. Maybe some of our coder friends out there will have some time, or be willing to work on that. I know Mazzlefizz had considered putting in a way to import skins at one time. I know it would be a lot of work and with only a few skins available there really wasn't a need. :) Maybe we can change that, hehe, so skin away peoples and post them all here. :D

Dreadlorde 12-08-07 10:06 PM

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...rMazzleUI.html

mine

looking for people to submit some screenshot's.

Elaana 12-08-07 10:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
As it stands the only way to get them into a convenient package is to just repost the mazzle .luas with the new skins added and include a folder containing all the skins. It would probably mean everybody has to download every single skin just to get the one they like, but it's easier than trying to figure out how to code them into mazzle. I'm feeling really lazy or I'd go ahead and do this. I can add skins easy enough I just dont know how to write them up from scratch. :P

Anyway, here's a sample of my tauren skin. Do you think it's kind of tacky?

[Edit] I still don't know what to use for the hotspots though. Something native-american themed maybe. I can't seem to find anything good though. Any ideas?

[Edit #2] I forgot to recolor the border. In the final version the border will more closely match the background color. As for hotspots I need to tie in some of the color from the Tauren emblem thing into the rest of the skin. Still open to suggestions. :)

Dreadlorde 12-08-07 10:12 PM

Full list as of Saturday. December 06 2007 11:12 P.M. EST (-05:00 GMT)

Cralor 12-08-07 11:06 PM

good list Dreadlorde. maybe you should add those too Elcarath?

those are just some that others made before this thread was created. (the last 3 in dreads list)

Elcarath 12-09-07 12:21 PM

Quote:

good list Dreadlorde. maybe you should add those too Elcarath?

those are just some that others made before this thread was created. (the last 3 in dreads list)

I didn't add them simply because they do not have any lua files with them. I can add the links, but in order to use them you would have to create the missing lua's in the skin folder, rename the folder and edit the three Mazzle Lua's. The other option is to swap out the BLP fiiles into a skin folder you never use, but there would be no preview and you would have to remember which skin you swapped out :)

With that in mind, Would you still like me to add them to the first post?

Cralor 12-09-07 12:53 PM

oh, ok. nah, lol. just thought it'd be something good to add, but it's all your choice.

sorry bout that.

Mazzlefizz 12-09-07 01:08 PM

MazzleExtraSkinsPackage and MazzleUISkinpack should not be on the list. They were incorporated in the release a long, long time ago. People trying to install them would probably cause them problems.

Good job on these skins, folks. They look very nice.

Elcarath 12-09-07 01:33 PM

I've noticed that the new skins are all slightly different and may be causing a little confusion on how to add the skin to Mazzle. I'm sure it would make life much easier if we all used the same folder and file layout in our uploads. It would also make things easier for our coder friends to create an installer or an easier way to add new skins. I went through all my uploads and it seems that the Tauren skin is the most correct per Mazzlefizz's layout, I will be using the lua files, folder layout and readme file from that zip to create any other skins that I upload. Here's what I was thinking:

The skin folder should be named MazzleUI_Skin_"creator"_"skinname" your blp files will go in here
Modify the Core lua file and TOC file in the MazzleUI_Skin_"creator"_"skinname" folder
Preview image in the preview folder
Modify all the Add_To lua files
Leave the Readme file, no need to modify or change it

If we all, including me LOL, create our skins in this way, it should be much easier to add them. That is until we get an installer or import feature :)

Does this sound good to everyone?

Dreadlorde 12-09-07 02:43 PM

Fixed my list.

dizzy49 12-09-07 03:15 PM

Quote:

Ok, finished my skin. You can download it HERE .

I really like that, I just might have to snag that one :)

Elaana 12-09-07 10:42 PM

I seem to be having a problem with BLP2PNG now. It will convert TO png just fine, but it won't convert FROM png to blp at all. I drag and drop my files and nothing. Am I missing something? Does it save the blp files into some directory that I don't know about or is there another way to do this? My skin is done, just wanted to test it out. Thanks. :)

flaska 12-09-07 11:57 PM

Hmm dreadlorde could you remake your skin, and make the gloss over target frame right? Right now it just looks weird :S

Please make it more symmetric also

Elcarath 12-10-07 12:39 AM

Quote:

I seem to be having a problem with BLP2PNG now. It will convert TO png just fine, but it won't convert FROM png to blp at all. I drag and drop my files and nothing. Am I missing something? Does it save the blp files into some directory that I don't know about or is there another way to do this? My skin is done, just wanted to test it out. Thanks. :)

Hmmm, not sure, it shouldn't have any issues.... mine creates the BLP file in the same directory that the PNG file is in. Far as I know there is no way to change its folder options. When you convert the BLP does it place the PNG in the same folder? It may just not have permission to "Write" to the directory your using. Maybe make a copy of the PNG on your desktop and then drop it on the BLP2PNG. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Elaana 12-10-07 12:54 AM

Nope, won't convert. It's set to run as admin in windows XP compatibility now and it still wont work. I moved everything into a folder that I KNOW it can write to because it the PNGs I was going to use for reference there. It wont convert from PNG to BLP for me. :(

Obes 12-10-07 09:01 PM

Dreadlore's Shiny has a misspelling in the toc (or in every other reference to the skin), and is missing a preview file (its atleast pointing to a file).

Elcareath Draenai also has an incorrect toc file

The translucent screen hs no transl.blp