WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbonite Archive (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Compatibility Issue with CarboniteBETA-542a5 and TomTom (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49272)

kelseir 05-08-14 11:40 AM

Compatibility Issue with CarboniteBETA-542a5 and TomTom

I recently downloaded this version of Carbonite (CarboniteBETA-542a5) and found that there is a problem with TomTom v50400-1.0.0. I believe that is the most current version of TomTom.

I had been using this version of TomTom for over a year without an issue. I was also using an old version of Carbonite (CarboniteBETA-530a1) until recently and there was no problem until this newer version of Carbonite was installed.

The problems occurs whenever I die. I get the following Lua error that just keeps repeating. The error window will not close down so I need to log out to clear it.

Code:

Message: Interface\AddOns\TomTom\TomTom_Corpse.lua:112: attempt to index field 'profile' (a nil value)

Time: 05/08/14 11:04:24

Count: 74
Stack: [C]: ?
Interface\AddOns\TomTom\TomTom_Corpse.lua:112: in function <Interface\AddOns\TomTom\TomTom_Corpse.lua:106>

Locals:

I tested by turning off all addons and just turning on TomTom, there was no issue when I died. I then turned on carbonite (no other addons) and the errors came back.

I was testing on the Timeless Isle at around coords 71.2 58.0 in the Blazing Way. I just kept allowing an elite to kill me there.

However, it should be noted that this problem happened everytime I died in various locations in Pandaria. I did not test it on other maps.

I'm using DugisGuideViewerZ 2.733 in order to get TomTom functionality and that seems ok at the moment. I just thought I would let you know about this issue.

Still love the Carbonite product! Thanks for doing such a great job with it.

Tactica 05-08-14 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelseir (Post 292626)
I recently downloaded this version of Carbonite (CarboniteBETA-542a5) and found that there is a problem with TomTom v50400-1.0.0. I believe that is the most current version of TomTom...I tested by turning off all addons and just turning on TomTom, there was no issue when I died. I then turned on carbonite (no other addons) and the errors came back.

Seeing as TomTom works fine without Carbonite, and is broked with carbonite, then I would assume the issue lies within the Carbonite code. Thus, I would suggest you post in the Carbonite Forums specifically the Carbonite Bug Reports - Beta Release Version.

You are more likely to get some help there. I don't use Carbonite and can't help with this.

Nimhfree 05-08-14 02:16 PM

Carbonite attempts to pretend to be TomTom, and unfortunately does not do a complete job of it. Therefore, the TomTom code that is being called in the OnUpdate handler which looks like:

if TomTom.profile.general.corpse_arrow then

is going to fail when the TomTom variable gets redefined in Carbonite with:

-- Emulate TomTom
if Nx.db.profile.Track.EmuTomTom and not Nx.RealTom then
TomTom = {}
Nx.EmulateTomTom()
end

The problem is Carbonite sets RealTom to be true only if TomTom is loaded before Cabonite is loaded. And unfortunately you seem to be in a situation where your Carbonite is loading first.

I would suggest a workaround that should help you is to modify the Carbonite.toc file to add a line that looks like:

# OptionalDeps: TomTom

up near the ## SavedVariables line.

This should make TomTom load before Carbonite, allowing Carbonite not to kill TomTom. I am hoping this will work for you, but I could be wrong. Good luck.

kelseir 05-08-14 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tactica (Post 292627)
Seeing as TomTom works fine without Carbonite, and is broked with carbonite, then I would assume the issue lies within the Carbonite code. Thus, I would suggest you post in the Carbonite Forums specifically the Carbonite Bug Reports - Beta Release Version.

You are more likely to get some help there. I don't use Carbonite and can't help with this.

My apologies.. I did not realize I posted in the wrong area. Thank you for pointing this out. I'll log it in the area you suggested.

Thanks again.

kelseir 05-08-14 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nimhfree (Post 292628)
Carbonite attempts to pretend to be TomTom, and unfortunately does not do a complete job of it. Therefore, the TomTom code that is being called in the OnUpdate handler which looks like:

if TomTom.profile.general.corpse_arrow then

is going to fail when the TomTom variable gets redefined in Carbonite with:

-- Emulate TomTom
if Nx.db.profile.Track.EmuTomTom and not Nx.RealTom then
TomTom = {}
Nx.EmulateTomTom()
end

The problem is Carbonite sets RealTom to be true only if TomTom is loaded before Cabonite is loaded. And unfortunately you seem to be in a situation where your Carbonite is loading first.

I would suggest a workaround that should help you is to modify the Carbonite.toc file to add a line that looks like:

# OptionalDeps: TomTom

up near the ## SavedVariables line.

This should make TomTom load before Carbonite, allowing Carbonite not to kill TomTom. I am hoping this will work for you, but I could be wrong. Good luck.

Thank you. I will try this out and tell you if it works.

kelseir 05-08-14 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelseir (Post 292631)
Thank you. I will try this out and tell you if it works.

I gave this a try but it did not work.

I appreciate you trying to help though! :)

Thank you!

Rythal 05-15-14 03:52 PM

Carbonite forces itself to be the last thing that loads by delaying doing anything at all until after your in world, so it shouldn't be a case of Carbonite loading before tomtom does.

I would suggest turning off Tomtom emulation in your carbonite preferences. Since your using the real tomtom you don't need it.