WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Search/Requests (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Moving loot window (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1411)

Szandos 08-02-05 06:48 AM

Moving loot window

I have a problem, namely that the popup loot window which lets you roll on looted items pops up over my buttons (using discord). It would't be a problem if ppl just would keep from looting during battle.... Any way to have it popup on another place????

Itanius 08-02-05 08:36 AM

Move Anything!

;)

Lozareth 08-02-05 10:10 AM

I believe the frame names for those windows are GroupLootFrame1, 2, 3, and 4. You'd use the command /move GroupLootFrame1 to add those frames to MoveAnything's list.

Szandos 08-03-05 03:46 PM

Perfect, will try that!

Itanius 08-03-05 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lozareth
I believe the frame names for those windows are GroupLootFrame1, 2, 3, and 4. You'd use the command /move GroupLootFrame1 to add those frames to MoveAnything's list.

GroupLootFrame1 worked, by the way. Thanks! :)

Keovar 08-05-05 07:36 AM

Amazing, I was just going to ask this same question. I have my minigroup For myself, my target and my pet all in the bottom center of my screen and when a Roll/Pass window pops up I can't see my health, or if two pop up I cant even see my target's window.

I was reading over MoveAnything, but it's really alot more than I need, and it's config button will steal the spot on my settings menu that is currently occupied by MyAddOns, which I support. Unless MoveAnything can put it's menu inside of MyAddOns or just not create a button at all, I doubt I'll use it.

Are there any other solutions?

Keovar 08-07-05 09:26 AM

Wow, I guess this isn't the place for new ides, but just where you go to get one tired answer...

Littlejohn 08-07-05 10:15 AM

This site has GREAT ideas. You are confusing "why don't you people reinvent the wheel 'cause I don't like the spokes on this one" with new ideas. (Sorry, I don't mean to be nasty, but you just smeared a ton of good people and I'm a little annoyed...)

The main menu button conflict you have can probably be solved with MoveAnything's GameMenu_AddButton function. (If not, I'd work it out with the author because he clearly cares about the issue. His e-mail is in the readme.txt that comes with MoveAnything.)

Keovar 08-07-05 09:24 PM

Is there not a script function that can reposition a frame?

The analogy you give is bad... this is more like someone just needing a shovel for their little garden and being told to use a backhoe instead.

Edit: Tried it anyway... and while I can duplicate a couple of the moves and hides I was already doing with other mods, I can't move the GroupLootFrame1 because it returns a message saying it can only be moved while it is visible. There was a similar problem I ran into with Kaitlin's MiniGroup until they added the ability to show a dummy frame for party members so you can fix your UI on your own time and not have to wait until you're grouped.

I can just see it now... "Hold on guys, can't roll yet, I need to stop in the middle of Sunken Temple to fiddle with my UI..."

Other than the fact that it's overkill for the issue I was having and that to make use of it I would have to find a rather patient group (rare spawn), it looks like a well crafted addon. Do the alterations persist if the mod is removed?

As to my other comment, that was mostly just frustration, so sorry for the trollishness. I do appreciate the work of those with the real quality mods, even the ones that I no longer use.