WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Archive (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   Installer wont launch (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32152)

TorturdChaos 04-27-10 05:18 PM

Installer wont launch

So I downloaded Minion, and go to launch the minion.jnlp file, and nothing happens....
I see javaws.exe start in the list of processes but that's it....

So any idea why it wont work??

Seerah 04-27-10 05:58 PM

Could you provide some more information, please? Such as what operating system you are running, what version of Java you have installed, etc.

TorturdChaos 04-27-10 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seerah (Post 186171)
Could you provide some more information, please? Such as what operating system you are running, what version of Java you have installed, etc.

Oh sry wasn't thinking :p

Windows Xp Pro
After it didn't install the first time, I updated Java, then restarted. So I have the newest version of java.

If you need any other info let me know.

Shirik 04-27-10 07:38 PM

Could you please do the following?

1. Open a command prompt by going start->run->type 'cmd' (without quotes) and push 'enter'
2. Type (exactly, with quotes) "C:\Path\To\Java\bin\javaws" -verbose "C:\Path\To\minion.jnlp"

(Replace C:\Path\To\Java\bin with the 'bin' folder of your Java installation; mine is C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin)
(Replace C:\Path\To\minion.jnlp with wherever you downloaded the file)

Copy any output here

Thanks,
-- Shirik

TorturdChaos 04-27-10 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shirik (Post 186190)
Could you please do the following?

1. Open a command prompt by going start->run->type 'cmd' (without quotes) and push 'enter'
2. Type (exactly, with quotes) "C:\Path\To\Java\bin\javaws" -verbose "C:\Path\To\minion.jnlp"

(Replace C:\Path\To\Java\bin with the 'bin' folder of your Java installation; mine is C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin)
(Replace C:\Path\To\minion.jnlp with wherever you downloaded the file)

Copy any output here

Thanks,
-- Shirik

Ok so I put in:
"E:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaws" -verbose "E:\Documents and Settings\Chaos\My Documents\downloads\minion.jnlp"

and got nadda. javaws.exe popped up in the processes list again :P.
(and yes my Progame Files folder is on the E drive, that is where everything is installed to)

TorturdChaos 04-28-10 07:34 PM

Figured it out - had to turn off comodo firewall

Ok so I removed EVERYTHING java. restarted. ran ccleaner several times, then reinstalled java. restarted. still no go.

Ok so I exited comodo firewall and everything worked just fine :P. It did pop up when I first started the minion.jnlp and asked to allow it to connect to the internet along with a few other parts of java, and I set them all to "Trusted Applications" but I guess the comodo firewall was still interfering with it launching the installer somehow.

Seems to work just fine after its installed with comodo firewall running.