WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech Chat (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Screenies of your RIG! (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35725)

Landrell 10-15-10 11:37 PM

Screenies of your RIG!

4 Attachment(s)
Guess I'll start first since I'm starting this thread *coughs*

These are just some piccies of the components (not all of them obviously) of a computer I'm currently putting together for the up and coming exapansion. I love putting rigs together and see my handy work in action and thought to share this endeavor with you all since we all have our hobbies. For some of us, it's drawing, others it's making and writing code for UI's. Mine, well, it's building rigs.

I'd love to see what you guys and gals have for rigs, so share and post what your beastly little Floor Hugger is!

Landrell 10-15-10 11:40 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are just some of the pics of the case torn apart to paint the inside of it flat black. Wish we had put a primer on it, but it would've taken alot longer to get the case ready. Besides, wouldn't be open that long anyhow once I get it up and running.

Landrell 10-15-10 11:43 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Placement of the Mobo inside the belly of this beast. Also, getting the cabling set up for maximum airflow and the SSD's that were just ordered for pure tastiness. I'll take some final pictures once I get the SSD's and the video card in there with it up and running!

Coote 10-15-10 11:55 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Oooh, since you showed some pics of assembly, I'll post some of the ones I took building my current PC last December, as well as final pics of my whole desk with the PC.

Full desk setup
Desktop
Desktop with PSP + Lunar <3 and my craptastic cell

Led ++ 10-16-10 01:03 AM

So this is like .. **** for PC freaks? ^^

MidgetMage55 10-16-10 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Led ++ (Post 211259)

You say that like it's a bad thing...

Coote 10-16-10 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Led ++ (Post 211259)

But geek **** is the best kind!

p3lim 10-16-10 03:03 AM

Landrell 10-16-10 07:10 AM

@McMahon: You know I almost went with that motherboard a while back until I got swerved back to ASUS. Been so fidgety since the last time I built a rig around one of their boards, but that was back during the late 90's when ALi was a good part of their north bridge....

@Led++: You're silly! Just silly!

@P3lim: You sir, are a freak. Which case is that by the way? Looks familiar and I know it's not part of the 9xx series.

p3lim 10-16-10 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landrell (Post 211362)
@P3lim: You sir, are a freak. Which case is that by the way? Looks familiar and I know it's not part of the 9xx series.

CM 690 II Advanced

Coote 10-16-10 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landrell (Post 211362)
@McMahon: You know I almost went with that motherboard a while back until I got swerved back to ASUS. Been so fidgety since the last time I built a rig around one of their boards, but that was back during the late 90's when ALi was a good part of their north bridge....

From experience in the past as a system builder, Gigabyte hits the sweet spot in the price range I was going for. ASUS definitely has great boards, but in the $100-150 range, Gigabyte's products tend to be the best. If I had the cash, though, I know for sure I would've sprung for an I7, and an ASUS P6T7 Supercomputer board.

I'll likely be doing a new PC again mid-late next year with an AMD Bulldozer CPU, and HD6000 GPU or two.

adracamas 10-16-10 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMcMahon51 (Post 211230)
Oooh, since you showed some pics of assembly, I'll post some of the ones I took building my current PC last December, as well as final pics of my whole desk with the PC.

Full desk setup
Desktop
Desktop with PSP + Lunar <3 and my craptastic cell

THAT is a badass case!

haylie 10-17-10 11:41 AM

I just use a laptop... I travel a lot lately and just couldn't see the use for a bloated rig anymore. Laptops are the future yo!

Ither 10-17-10 11:52 AM

These are some older pictures, I've since added another XFX XXX HD5870 to the rig.

The case is a test bench which I enjoy. The system is fully watercooled and has damn near no noise. I think the most I hear is a little bit of the radiator fans (there are six of them).

Running at 4.5GHz the heat load while playing wow is a whopping 42C.

The last time I posted this I got the third degree from a ton of people. The rig was expensive, so expensive that most of you won't or ever would need something like this. I think the only time it EVER gets fully utilized is when I'm being gracious enough to fire up Folding before I leave for work or a business trip.

Other than that it's a big waste of money for just playing World of Warcraft.

I think I built it to make up for my small epeen. LOL

Landrell 10-17-10 12:15 PM

I could honestly say that's just about every bencher's wet dream, Storm. I can guess how much you've put down on the water-cooling alone, but for the rest of the system, I can only imagine. Very slick sir and kudos!

Led ++ 10-17-10 12:39 PM

That just looks almost rediculous imo. ^^ Do you work for Nasa or something?

Like Haylie during the week I just play on a crappy laptop. During the weekends on a good old relative cheap Medion PC, but it runs WoW uber fine.

Ither 10-17-10 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landrell (Post 211805)
I could honestly say that's just about every bencher's wet dream, Storm. I can guess how much you've put down on the water-cooling alone, but for the rest of the system, I can only imagine. Very slick sir and kudos!

LOL, yes the water-cooling pieces are ridiculously expensive now! I can't believe what adapters cost these days. Koolance and Bitspower are great, but damn if they don't nickel and dime you LOL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Led ++ (Post 211809)
That just looks almost rediculous imo. ^^ Do you work for Nasa or something?

Haha I call it my CIA hacking center! ;)

Liarsenic 10-17-10 01:28 PM

I would show pictures of my setup, but it's hard to crop out my giant RoboCop shrine next to my main monitor :(.

Ither 10-17-10 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liarsenic (Post 211829)
I would show pictures of my setup, but it's hard to crop out my giant RoboCop shrine next to my main monitor :(.

I LOVE ROBOCOP!

Post it.. Please!

Landrell 10-20-10 02:11 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Tonight is the last night that my ol' silver beast of a rig is going to be doing any gaming, surfing, or graphics editing. After three long years, I'll finally be able to lay her to rest and give the ol' girl a breather. I know I shouldn't get attached to inanimate objects, but sometimes we take the smallest things for granted!

She'll be remodified soon after the new Beast is done for Media/Server Hosting here as our own personal Home Network. Can't just let her sit in the corner and gather dust, can we!?

Sapphire Mobo + Sapphire 4850 Vid Card
3.0 dual Core Amd xII
3 gig of DDR2 Super Talent
160 GB Seagate HDD

And lots and lots of love...