WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Minion (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Nullpointer exception when scanning for wow on Linux (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54411)

mkaito 09-06-16 09:19 AM

Nullpointer exception when scanning for wow on Linux

2 Attachment(s)
Hey folks!

Arch Linux
java version "1.8.0_102"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_102-b14)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.102-b14, mixed mode)

Log and config are attached.

Here's the relevant part of the log:

Code:

ERROR 2016-09-06 16:15:31,792 [JavaFX Application Thread] gg.minion.controller.MinionController:lambda$null$48(1062): GameDetectionService failed: {} java.lang.NullPointerException
        at gg.minion.plugin.NameFinder.preVisitDirectory(NameFinder.java:82)
        at gg.minion.plugin.NameFinder.preVisitDirectory(NameFinder.java:25)
        at java.nio.file.Files.walkFileTree(Files.java:2677)
        at gg.minion.plugin.WOWPlugin.process(WOWPlugin.java:82)
        at gg.minion.service.GameDetectionService$1.call(GameDetectionService.java:30)
        at gg.minion.service.GameDetectionService$1.call(GameDetectionService.java:26)
        at javafx.concurrent.Task$TaskCallable.call(Task.java:1423)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
        at javafx.concurrent.Service.lambda$null$492(Service.java:725)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at javafx.concurrent.Service.lambda$executeTask$493(Service.java:724)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Additionally, scanning the entire harddrive on Linux is extremely innefficient. Especially since Minion seems to think my entire filesystem is a single harddrive. Just let me manually pick the wow folder, please?

EDIT: I could probably just manually edit minion.xml to insert the wow path, but I have no idea what the expected keys would be. Does anyone know?

Dolby 09-06-16 09:36 AM

We didn't have a proper black list setup for Linux in Minion in 3.0.4. Please try this development client (3.0.5) https://cdn.mmoui.com/minion/v3/Mini...5-dev-java.zip. Alternatively if you delete your ~/.minion/minion.xml and restart Minion it should ask you what games you wish Minion to find. Uncheck the games and then it shouldn't scan for any games. Although I'm guessing the Null pointer is happening before the prompt so you will probably need to try 3.0.5.

When you run this Minion will say there is an update. Ignore that and press 'Update Later'. You actually have a newer version (3.0.5) of the client than what the API knows about.

Let me know if this is fixed for you.

mkaito 09-06-16 04:31 PM

It did fix that one. I was able to point it manually at my wow addon folder, and it picked up Clique, one of the addons I have installed. The other one, Elvui, was not picked up.

Searching for addons, though, seems to have another null pointer:

Code:

Exception in thread "Thread-93" java.lang.NullPointerException
        at gg.minion.controller.FindMorePane.lambda$null$8(FindMorePane.java:193)
        at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$2$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:174)
        at java.util.Iterator.forEachRemaining(Iterator.java:116)
        at java.util.Spliterators$IteratorSpliterator.forEachRemaining(Spliterators.java:1801)
        at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:481)
        at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:471)
        at java.util.stream.ReduceOps$ReduceOp.evaluateSequential(ReduceOps.java:708)
        at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(AbstractPipeline.java:234)
        at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.collect(ReferencePipeline.java:499)
        at gg.minion.controller.FindMorePane.lambda$search$12(FindMorePane.java:259)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Phanx 09-06-16 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkaito (Post 318760)
The other one, Elvui, was not picked up.

That should be expected, since ElvUI isn't available for download on WoWInterface.

mkaito 09-07-16 07:46 AM

Yeah, I've meanwhile figured out that you should get it at their website. I guess they have their reasons.

What about the exception?

Dolby 09-07-16 08:14 AM

Does that stop Minion from responding or does it keep working? Also is it repeatable?

mkaito 09-10-16 05:32 AM

Search results come up empty, no matter what I type into the search box. It happens every time I write a letter in there.

Dolby 09-10-16 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkaito (Post 318884)
Search results come up empty, no matter what I type into the search box. It happens every time I write a letter in there.

Very strange, working just fine on Ubuntu (just re-tested it now). I'll see what our java guy jwood says about the error.

Dolby 09-12-16 08:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I found an issue where if you choose for Minion to not automatically scan for games for a certain game it won't load the AddOn database for that game.

So you'll want to delete your minion.xml
rm ~/.minion/minion.xml

Then restart Minion and when prompted make sure the games you want are selected like this:

Now it will try and scan for the game and it probably wont find it and prompt you to manually add one. However this time you should get stuff under search, etc. We are working on a real fix for this, so this is just a work around for now.

mkaito 09-13-16 10:57 AM

That seems to have fixed it. It actually found the game by itself within a few seconds.