WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Help/Support (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Chat box not keeping position. (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33361)

MidgetMage55 06-23-10 12:12 AM

Chat box not keeping position.

So after some testing it seems the new chat additions when used in default have a lower threshold that stop it from being set any lower.

With chatter (latest version) enabled you can place the frame anywhere, even below this threshold. However when you reload ui or log out and back the frame jumps back to the threshold.

Any solutions out there?

Eas 06-23-10 12:31 AM

Also looking for a solution. Same problem.

ricks322 06-23-10 12:59 AM

Not sure why they won't go to the bottom of the screen (really screws up my UI).
I get why they won't go to the right or left of the screen. It seams they keep the box for the buttons even if you hide them.

Also the scroll function really is not worth it, there are much better mods out there that do it better.

Ferous 06-23-10 01:33 AM

I have the same problem as well.

xandora 06-23-10 01:34 AM

This may be of some use to you.

Taryble 06-23-10 01:35 PM

Personally, I have a kgPanel that has an OnLoad script that sets the location of the chatframes. I did this to make it easier to set up my UI on alts, but it also works for this issue.

Kendian 06-23-10 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taryble (Post 193691)
Personally, I have a kgPanel that has an OnLoad script that sets the location of the chatframes. I did this to make it easier to set up my UI on alts, but it also works for this issue.

Want to pass that script along, lol?

ricks322 06-23-10 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferous (Post 193541)
I have the same problem as well.

Doesn't fix the position problem. They still reset after a new login.

p3lim 06-23-10 03:20 PM

Code:

FCF_ValidateChatFramePosition = function() end

xandora 06-23-10 04:48 PM

Did anyone even try my link? :( I'm using it with chatter and it's working fine.

Kendian 06-23-10 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xandora (Post 193741)
Did anyone even try my link? :( I'm using it with chatter and it's working fine.

Chatter resets position on reload/reloag as well, and it's 1.5 MB idle, as opposed to 18KB for BasicChatMods. My only computer is a laptop, so low mem usage is important to me~

MidgetMage55 06-23-10 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xandora (Post 193741)

I tried the macro but it didn't appear to have an effect. With Chatter on I don't have an issue with placing it where I want. I have an issue with it moving out of that position after the game loads. That position being lower than the threshold mentioned earlier.

Sythalin 06-23-10 09:14 PM

I've tried positioning the chat frame lower with CFM as well, doesn't seem to be working with that either. It's something on Blizz's end and plan to look into it. I have a theory on what's happening....

harrellj 06-23-10 09:17 PM

Do you rerun the macro after a reload? Like I said in another thread on this same topic, I personally threw that clamp to screen part into kgpanels and it has fixed the problem for me, after I made sure my chat windows were actually situated where I wanted them. I am using chatter as well now.

MidgetMage55 06-23-10 09:36 PM

For those using chatter the latest update fixes the issue.

Sythalin 06-28-10 08:55 PM

Found the fix and will be implementing into CFM, but thought I'd share with others who may not have figured it out.

lua Code:
  1. ChatFrame1:SetClampedToScreen(false)

So simple, can't believe I didn't realize it sooner. In game, as soon as I through this through /script, the frame jumped to where I originally had it docked.

Seerah 06-28-10 08:57 PM

It is the insets that keep it from going to the edge. You can set those to 0 and still keep the ChatFrame clamped to screen.

ChatFrame1:SetClampRectInsets(0,0,0,0)

maurdr 06-28-10 10:53 PM

sorta on topic but does anyone know how i move the box i type into when using chatter its like in the worst position ever pic included.

Seerah 06-28-10 11:07 PM

Options should be located in that EditBox module you've got listed there.

maurdr 06-28-10 11:24 PM

i looked in both edit box config areas and it didnt have any options for positioning that i saw.