WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   [UI][WIP] Paper Mint Project (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55573)

Mello1488 07-16-17 04:30 PM

[UI][WIP] Paper Mint Project

Hey.

This is the beginning of a fairly large project (I hope) sustained in a single style (~minimal, ~material). I really hope for your criticism and wishes.

Main character frame design. Colors, icons depend on the character class.

syncrow 07-22-17 11:38 AM

Feedback-Note:
I watched the design from a 15% zoom perspective
& compared it's dimension with other ingame elements.

Conclusion:
  • Text seems a bit small compared to the wide of the unit frame itself
  • The state tiles are nice positioned and have a good symbiotic feel for the whole frame design.
  • Resource / Power stuff is in a good spot.
  • The exp-bar is pretty much invisible
  • I personally don't like such wide unit frames, a shorter design could bring a better feel for them.

Thubz 07-24-17 08:54 PM

i do like the design, i just wonder how it looks ingame are they gonna be super wide or is the text gonna be tiny? but in general i like the layout and it looks great!

Mello1488 07-26-17 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by syncrow (Post 324300)
Feedback-Note:
I watched the design from a 15% zoom perspective
& compared it's dimension with other ingame elements.

Conclusion:
  • Text seems a bit small compared to the wide of the unit frame itself
  • The state tiles are nice positioned and have a good symbiotic feel for the whole frame design.
  • Resource / Power stuff is in a good spot.
  • The exp-bar is pretty much invisible
  • I personally don't like such wide unit frames, a shorter design could bring a better feel for them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thubz (Post 324322)
i do like the design, i just wonder how it looks ingame are they gonna be super wide or is the text gonna be tiny? but in general i like the layout and it looks great!

Very grateful for your opinion.

Some resized version + night mode and another class.

Seerah 07-26-17 12:22 PM

Just a note, that font is too lightweight and narrowly spaced to be easily legible.

Thubz 07-26-17 05:28 PM

i do like the darker ones alot, makes the font alot easier to read aswell perhaps in a more bold font it would be bit beter bit still it looks great.
and if the size before i enlarge it is how it would look ingame im pretty sure i would give it a test, but i pref minimal ui's myself

Mello1488 07-27-17 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seerah (Post 324366)
Just a note, that font is too lightweight and narrowly spaced to be easily legible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thubz (Post 324372)
i do like the darker ones alot, makes the font alot easier to read aswell perhaps in a more bold font it would be bit beter bit still it looks great.
and if the size before i enlarge it is how it would look ingame im pretty sure i would give it a test, but i pref minimal ui's myself

Thank you. Change font and add some ingame preview with opacity

Layback_ 07-27-17 06:11 AM

Just some stupid comment passing by...

I wish I was a good artist like you :(

Flat designs are great for those non-artistic people like me, but I want something more fancy and cool just like your design.

Mello1488 07-27-17 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Layback_ (Post 324382)
Just some stupid comment passing by...

I wish I was a good artist like you :(

Flat designs are great for those non-artistic people like me, but I want something more fancy and cool just like your design.

Many thanks, but my design is not so good that I would receive such reviews (for now) :D

Mello1488 07-27-17 10:34 AM

Hi.

Add raid target unit frame. Need criticism, opinions (any)

Thubz 07-31-17 06:44 PM

the art looks great ingame, the font is read-able i do find the top one abit wide i would go with the 2nd frame (assume thats a party member) size but i gues thats more a personal opinion.

Keep up the good work wonder what u will do with mainbar and minimap and so on ^^