WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lua/XML Help (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Glyph of Inquisition missing from combat log (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48126)

Ailae 09-12-13 01:38 PM

Glyph of Inquisition missing from combat log

I'm trying to add support for the new Inquisition glyph that extends the duration of the Inquisition buff by 30 seconds each time you land a killing blow. The problem is that my addon is combat log driven and, unless I'm going crazy, there's no event being fired for the refresh. No SPELL_AURA_REFRESH to be seen. Has anyone else noticed the same?

I'm a not sure how to incorporate it into my addon without the proper event. I tried listening for PARTY_KILL, but there seems to be a second or so of delay from the actual kill to when the buff actually extends.

Any tips or ideas would be most helpful. :)

Resike 09-12-13 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ailae (Post 284427)
I'm trying to add support for the new Inquisition glyph that extends the duration of the Inquisition buff by 30 seconds each time you land a killing blow. The problem is that my addon is combat log driven and, unless I'm going crazy, there's no event being fired for the refresh. No SPELL_AURA_REFRESH to be seen. Has anyone else noticed the same?

I'm a not sure how to incorporate it into my addon without the proper event. I tried listening for PARTY_KILL, but there seems to be a second or so of delay from the actual kill to when the buff actually extends.

Any tips or ideas would be most helpful. :)

Have you tried "/eventtrace"?

humfras 09-12-13 05:28 PM

If the combat log doesn't provide the information, use UNIT_AURA instead.

You can even register it for the player aura events only which makes it much more CPU efficient than reading the CombatLog (infight).

Ailae 09-13-13 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Resike (Post 284430)
Have you tried "/eventtrace"?

Yes, I've tried both /eventtrace and logging to file, but I can't find any reference to it getting extended at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by humfras (Post 284434)
If the combat log doesn't provide the information, use UNIT_AURA instead.

You can even register it for the player aura events only which makes it much more CPU efficient than reading the CombatLog (infight).

I also track spell casts by me on other people, even if they're not in my party, which is why I chose to make it combat log driven as opposed to unit driven. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Phanx 09-13-13 01:21 PM

You're not limited to listening for one event per addon, or even one event per frame -- you can use CLEU to track spellcasts by non-group members, and UNIT_AURA to track procs on yourself, at the same time.

Ailae 09-14-13 09:27 AM

Well, of course it's possible to use more than one event, and maybe that's the way to go after all. I was just curious if I was missing any key events, that's all.

Thank you all for your suggestions and replies!

Lombra 09-14-13 05:52 PM

Sadly, there just isn't combat log events for everything.