WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbonite Archive (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Before I donate. (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43763)

dlaselle 07-22-12 02:47 PM

Before I donate.

I would like some kind of confirmation that this is still being worked on or developed. Please let me know?

Talyrius 07-23-12 06:52 AM

Carbonite is no longer being worked on. You should only expect to see bug fixes from here on out.

jeffy162 07-23-12 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlaselle (Post 258602)
I would like some kind of confirmation that this is still being worked on or developed. Please let me know?

It should be noted that there is no requirement to make a donation for Carbonite to be able to download / install / use it.

Vis 07-23-12 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talyrius (Post 258639)
Carbonite is no longer being worked on. You should only expect to see bug fixes from here on out.

This may be splitting hairs, but aren't bug fixes proof that the addon is still being worked on? Granted, they are not as frequent as some would like, but they are there.

It's been said by the authors before that when they decide to stop working on Carb they will let people know.

Quote:

As for whether to donate or not, that's up to you.

stevierg 07-23-12 12:07 PM

One thing I know is that I would be donating for sure if I knew that Carbonite would have MoP support, even if it's just for the release.

I've been trying other addons and nothing even comes close to the main map/ routing system of carbonite.

bigsleepy121 07-26-12 10:33 PM

Me and my friends love this addon it will be hard to play without it! me and my guild members have all put in a pool to donate and would love to if it will have mop support . please let us know PLEASE

Fizzlemizz 07-28-12 12:39 AM

As of the 07/27 patch fixing a couple of the API functions that have been renamed were enough to get Carbonite loading with MoP and no errors (with a very minimal trial so far... going through options and some map functions).

schwim 08-07-12 05:22 PM

Quote:

If that's your sole condition for donating then save your money. It hasn't been developed in a very long time and we now get an update just to push the nag notification out. Even that take ridiculously long to get.

The good news is that with each expansion, blizz takes a bit more from 3rd party ideas and integrates it into the game. I'm simply waiting for a better map, whether it's from them or another developer and I'll be dropping this increasingly buggy addon like a hot rock.

DJ Particle 08-08-12 06:29 PM

To be fair, there hasn't been much to fix in recent months. 4.3 first came out in late 2011, and we're still on 4.3.x, and Carbonite has continued to work fine during that time. Sure the Darkmoon Faire has been overhauled since then, but Carbonite really isn't needed for the Faire, so they haven't had a reason to overhaul it.

When it was non-free, it was $12/year. I donated $25 when Cata first came out, and I plan to donate another $25 when MoP comes out, which, over time, is actually a little more than the old price.

Just before Cata came out, we on the forums were still saying the same things - "they're not working on it anymore", "we haven't seen an update in a while" - but then when 4.0.1 came out, the donations poured in, and they updated it for Cata. I trust we'll see that happen again with MoP.