WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Help/Support (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Wanted: chat addon that removes the onmouseover background alpha thingy! (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19858)

Bris 12-22-08 11:00 AM

Wanted: chat addon that removes the onmouseover background alpha thingy!

So yea, is there an addon that removes the growing of alpha when I point the chat frame with my mouse?

Thanks in advance. :)

Bris 12-22-08 11:15 AM

Nvm, this can be deleted. If someone wonders the same thing, you can do this simply with Prat, go to Display Settings - Frames - Set Chatframe Alpha :)

Psoewish 12-22-08 11:26 AM

I think Chatter can do this as well. :)

Just incase anyone is looking for a Prat alternative that does this.

khurzog 12-23-08 01:54 AM

thats funny because i want the exact same thing and haven't been able to fix it with chatter or prat. i can set the normal background alpha, but always upon mouseover, the background goes back to default alpha. i was told it was a bug on blizzards part and should be fixed later... now ill go mess with this more....

Phanx 12-24-08 10:21 PM

/run DEFAULT_CHATFRAME_ALPHA = 0

khurzog 12-29-08 02:28 PM

you know that works, but i have to enter it every time i log in.....

Cralor 12-29-08 02:34 PM

Here's a easy way of doing it :) (Pretty sure this will work!)

Interface > AddOns > ChatAlphaBye
  • ChatAlphaBye.toc
    Code:

## Title: ChatAlphaBye
    ## Version: 1.0
    ## Author: khurzog
    ## Credits: Phanx

ChatAlphaBye.lua

• ChatAlphaBye.lua
    Code:

DEFAULT_CHATFRAME_ALPHA = 0

Save and play!

Phanx 12-30-08 12:06 AM

That, or just enter DEFAULT_CHATFRAME_ALPHA = 0 at the top of any Lua file in any addon you always have enabled.

twobits 12-30-08 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanx (Post 113602)
That, or just enter DEFAULT_CHATFRAME_ALPHA = 0 at the top of any Lua file in any addon you always have enabled.

This would be creating a derivative work, and you should not to this to any addon that is not licensed to allow this. In addition you would have to remember to redo this change anytime you updated the choosen addon to modify. So the others idea is better, an standalone addon that does just this for you.

Psoewish 12-30-08 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twobits (Post 113618)
This would be creating a derivative work, and you should not to this to any addon that is not licensed to allow this. In addition you would have to remember to redo this change anytime you updated the choosen addon to modify. So the others idea is better, an standalone addon that does just this for you.

Actually when you don't redistribute the addon, nobody really cares what you do to it. :P

But yeah, you'd have to re-add it every time you update the addon then.

Phanx 01-01-09 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twobits (Post 113618)

Do you just follow me around the Internet making pointless posts for the sake of contradicting everything I say? Twobits, meet Sun. Sun, meet Twobits. lol.