WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Minion (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Crash (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52253)

JDoubleU00 04-28-15 04:37 PM

Crash

2 Attachment(s)
It looks like Minion crashed. I launched it and it asked me to login, after doing so, I had to select some settings and then it just sat there. Here are the latest logs for your purusing.

Thanks

JDoubleU00 04-30-15 04:39 PM

bump bump bump

Rilgamon 05-01-15 07:52 AM

No need to bump over the weekend ;)

JDoubleU00 05-01-15 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rilgamon (Post 308556)
No need to bump over the weekend ;)

When I posted, it wasn't the weekend. Still isn't here in the states. ;):D

Seerah 05-01-15 08:37 PM

Your thread was still the top one in this forum, though. :p

JDoubleU00 05-01-15 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seerah (Post 308563)
Your thread was still the top one in this forum, though. :p

And still no answer. Dolby must be on vacation. :p

Dolby 05-07-15 08:30 AM

Hi rocnroll,

Sorry about that. Misread your post and thought it was just a one time occurrence. The logs you provided don't really tell me a whole lot unfortunately. Can you provide your minion.xml and minion0.log? They are located in the .minion folder which is found in the User directory ( C:\Users\<your windows username>\.minion\

JDoubleU00 05-08-15 03:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here you go. Also, I suddenly have like 30 addons that need updating. Strange.

Dolby 05-10-15 09:46 PM

I'm sorry, little confused by your comment about 30 AddOns showing as needing an update. Is Minion working for you now? Was the crash a one time thing?

JDoubleU00 05-11-15 07:14 AM

Sorry, let me be clearer. It looks like a one time crash, which I would not normally report. After the crash I had 30 addons showing that they needed updating, where before the crash I did not. I find it odd that 30 addons needed updating at the same time. Maybe I am be paranoid. :eek::eek:

Dolby 05-12-15 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocnroll (Post 308767)
Sorry, let me be clearer. It looks like a one time crash, which I would not normally report. After the crash I had 30 addons showing that they needed updating, where before the crash I did not. I find it odd that 30 addons needed updating at the same time. Maybe I am be paranoid. :eek::eek:

Oh ok, and did you try restarting Minion again after the crash? Usually if that many AddOns need updating at once its because Minions local database of what versions you have installed got messed up. When Minion is not sure about the version number of an AddOn you have installed is it wants you to download it again so it can be sure its the same version that is available on our website.

So something must have messed up that local database, possibly the crash? Looking at the logs its hard to say what cause it because Minion runs inside a JVM (Java Virtual Machine) and the minion0.log doesnt show any errors probably because Minion crashed before it could write an error to the log.

If it happens again please let me know.

JDoubleU00 05-12-15 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolby (Post 308791)
Oh ok, and did you try restarting Minion again after the crash? Usually if that many AddOns need updating at once its because Minions local database of what versions you have installed got messed up. When Minion is not sure about the version number of an AddOn you have installed is it wants you to download it again so it can be sure its the same version that is available on our website.

So something must have messed up that local database, possibly the crash? Looking at the logs its hard to say what cause it because Minion runs inside a JVM (Java Virtual Machine) and the minion0.log doesnt show any errors probably because Minion crashed before it could write an error to the log.

If it happens again please let me know.

Will do thanks! I really like where Minion is at these days. It sure save me time and effort.