WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Help/Support (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Do you use Carbonite? (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26113)

Bellator 08-06-09 04:43 AM

Do you use Carbonite?

If you use Carbonite how do you like it, would you recommend to others? Just a simple question on your opinion of using Carbonite addon.

Bellator

Republic 08-06-09 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellator (Post 151738)
If you use Carbonite how do you like it, would you recommend to others? Just a simple question on your opinion of using Carbonite addon.

Bellator

I use something better than Carbonite or any other similar addon. 4 years game experience embedded into my brain. Yes, it hurts sometimes but it's dynamically updated and usually loads on demand. It also overloads without demand, but that's when I use my tabletop mod, a game called Checkers.

:banana:

Vis 08-06-09 05:43 AM

I use Carb and prefer it over other questing mods. There's too many things to list why I like it though, lol. I'd just give it a shot, try it for one week and see what you think.

pirplepig 08-06-09 05:45 AM

I use Questhelper, my 4 years of wowing and 20 years of gaming...

OldHarry 08-06-09 06:21 AM

Tried running questhelper but it caused so many problems and "broke" on a daily basis. Since switching to Carbonite I rarely have a problem with it. And when problems do crop up the author is quick to address the issue. And pays attention to what users want in the mod that it does not already do.

dcraze 08-06-09 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellator (Post 151738)

Bellator

I like using carbonite, I think it is better than quest helper. I would and do recommend it to others, I just wish it worked. Ever since the new patch It says out of date and doesn't work. Any suggestions? 8--6-09.

Soulofsin_007 08-06-09 06:39 AM

TomTom + Lightheaded = win

I did use Carbonite for awhile, but went back to these two. I liked it a lot better.

noble8 08-06-09 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soulofsin_007 (Post 151793)
TomTom + Lightheaded = win

I did use Carbonite for awhile, but went back to these two. I liked it a lot better.

And TourGuide

xConStruct 08-06-09 06:55 AM

I'm using dual monitors and wowhead. And yeah, I can agree to Republic - after some years of questing you know how Blizz builds the quests and how to do them or where to find some special mob.
Most of the time I'm using wowhead only to find out if a group-quest is easy soloable.

But TourGuide's also nice, because sometimes you just want to go "brain afk" :). But I'm only using it, if I didn't quest in the area with some other char before.
In my opinion, a lot of addon-help while leveling "kills" kinda the atmosphere.

Bluspacecow 08-06-09 06:57 AM

I use Carbonite as a sort of radar.

I hated Quest Helper because it was too big and all consuming.

I didn't like how it had all this stuff going on everywhere , quickly taking over my interface and it felt like it was forcing me to do quests in a certain order!

I don't really like being forced to do quests in a certain order - I prefer to be able to be told what quest objectives are nearest to where I am.

I happen to like wandering around the game in a daze , wanting to go visit a particular area to see IDK the nice trees in the area or the happy cheerful ravenous wolves over this way a bit. Or maybe the bavarian looking abominations of icecrown (but will they sing for me?).

If an addon can tell me what quests I happen to be near ... sweet!

Carbonite fills this need of mine.

carboniteaddon 08-06-09 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcraze (Post 151791)
I like using carbonite, I think it is better than quest helper. I would and do recommend it to others, I just wish it worked. Ever since the new patch It says out of date and doesn't work. Any suggestions? 8--6-09.

All addons will say out of date right after the patch since the toc files still have 3.1 in them. That does not mean it won't work with 3.2. You have to check "Load out of date AddOns" in the addon list and try it. I'm using out of date Auctioneer, Pawn and Smartbuff and they work fine.

Carb 3.21 was released last night and does have a 3.2 toc, so no more out of date message.

Ariele 08-06-09 03:21 PM

I used both questhelper and carbonite. And i must say i like carbonite more then questhelper. The thing that make me use it was: QH use around 17mb on my pc but carbonite only 6-7mb. Carbonite has the map functions of cartographer which i like and the quest markings where more accurate then QH.
There is many other thing but it will take to much space to write about it :-)

zero-kill 08-06-09 03:34 PM

I use a combination of Zygor's Guides + TomTom, for leveling purposes and then switch it out with good ol' fashioned reading when I quest beyond that.

Seerah 08-06-09 03:36 PM

Isn't the Zygor Guides mod just a renamed TourGuide? Or am I confusing it with something else?

uz64wow 08-06-09 04:02 PM

I use carb. it helps me plan my next move or what quests are closer to me. Simply awsome. But i do have one question though.on the update page (thats i was given by Carb.) i do what it says on how to install the update.. and im still getting notifactions ingame that i need to updat...so what gives ?? but i still love it .

Symbolis 08-06-09 04:05 PM

I like Carbonite quite a lot.

However, like with Ubuntu, I'm on again/off again with it.

I don't like the map(s) too much.

Rest is quite nice. Glad that there's a version that works with nUI.(Which I just started using.)

benregn 08-06-09 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seerah (Post 151946)
Isn't the Zygor Guides mod just a renamed TourGuide? Or am I confusing it with something else?

I think you are thinking of The Ultimate WoW Guide...

Republic 08-06-09 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pirplepig (Post 151768)
I use Questhelper, my 4 years of wowing and 20 years of gaming...

Because Donkey Kong experience is helpful to Wow...

:confused:

kimberlite 08-06-09 08:43 PM

I like Carbonite, but in the last few days since the patch it will open randomly without hitting my map button or even being remotely near the button. I have the latest version (3.2) so I don't know what is causing this. While on the subject, is anyone else having this problem?

Mossclaw 08-06-09 08:59 PM

While I do use quite a few addons, I cannot say that I've used any quest help addon except Carbonite.

I love Carbonite. I like the way it looks. I like the function integration.

When I was assessing my needs (quests, gathering, topo-maps, full alt inventory amongst a few others) I realized that I would have to keep up to date a whole new slew of addons.

Carbonite took care of all of that in one download for me.

Since then, it's had to go onto the Blizz starvation diet, but I still have faith in the product. :)

But the best recommendation is to try it for a while. <nods>