WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech Chat (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   dual monitor (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33298)

mankeluvsit 06-20-10 07:56 PM

dual monitor

hey, i forgot i had another monitor, i have a 19" and a 19" widescreen, the normal 19" is primary.
how do i make it so wow will use my secondary monitor instead of primary?

maurdr 06-20-10 08:04 PM

i would love to know the same thing.

mankeluvsit 06-20-10 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maurdr (Post 192955)
i would love to know the same thing.

i found a way, i just got ultramon, and i used a "shortcut", it seems to be working okay.

still looking for a alternative way.

Aalwein 06-20-10 08:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
There are a lot of steps involved and it varies based on your resolutions. The general idea is to play in windowed mode, stretch the window to both displays, and use the Sunn Art add-on to resize the actual rendered view of the game to your liking.

My setup I have the game rendered on my primary display with all the important panels like health bars and hotbars. The left display has less important things like chat, quest log, map, bags, etc.

Dawn 06-20-10 08:50 PM

You are doing it wrong. Dual-monitor'ing WoW = WoW on one screen and wowinterface, a movie, ... on the other screen. :rolleyes:

mankeluvsit 06-20-10 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawn (Post 192960)
You are doing it wrong. Dual-monitor'ing WoW = WoW on one screen and wowinterface, a movie, ... on the other screen. :rolleyes:

that wasnt helpful at all...

MidgetMage55 06-20-10 10:11 PM

Not necessarily helpful, but very amusing =)

Aalwein 06-20-10 10:41 PM

This link leads to a blog with an .exe file that will run WoW windowed mode in a "full screen emulated" style (ie. no borders, titlebar etc.). The file is safe; I've been using it for a couple months now.

http://polygonalhell.blogspot.com/20...and-vista.html

Aalwein 06-20-10 11:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, here's a step-by-step... let me know if it works for you.

Files in addition to WoW that you'll need:
  1. Add-on: Sunn - Viewport Art
  2. External Ap: wind1.exe (also attached to this post)

Setting it up:
  1. Download the two items listed above.
  2. Install Sunn - Viewport Art like you would any other addon
  3. Copy the wind1.exe file to your WoW folder, or any other place you would like to run it from. It doesn't matter where, just make a shortcut next to your WoW launcher shortcut.
  4. Edit the config.wtf file in a text editor like Notepad (WinXP it's in the WoW folder, Vista or later it's in the user\appdata\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\WoW\WTF folder - by default)
  5. Either add or edit the following lines:
    • SET gxResolution "0000x0000" (set this to 1/4 of your display resolution for BOTH monitors - ie 1920x1080 on 2 monitors would be 3840x1080 x 1/4 = 960x270)
    • SET gxWindow "1"
    • SET windowResizeLock "1"
  6. Save and close the config.wtf file
  7. Open the WoW Launcher. Click Play. A small window for WoW should start loading; while it is loading, quickly run the wind1.exe shortcut. When WoW finishes loading, it should fill your entire displays (emulated fullscreen).

At this point, it is a matter of using SunnArt to configure your display correctly. If you shrink it down to one screen for rendering and one screen for panels, you will want to use the Move Anything addon to move your panels around, because everything by default will be centered around 0,0 (which is in the middle of your two displays).

Enjoy!

Note to mods: the wind1.exe link is to a blog, not directly to a file. I believe this is okay by forum rules. I've attached the file to this post as well.

Xinhuan 06-21-10 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mankeluvsit (Post 192953)
hey, i forgot i had another monitor, i have a 19" and a 19" widescreen, the normal 19" is primary.
how do i make it so wow will use my secondary monitor instead of primary?

Why don't you make the 19" wide your primary instead (so your wow starts there), then move your taskbar (unlock it first) to the 19" normal secondary?

If you are using Windows 7, there are new shortcut keys to move programs between the primary/secondary window as well which are Win+Shift+LeftArrow and Win+Shift+RightArrow. This is likely to help less since WoW will start at the resolution of the primary, then after shifting it to the secondary monitor, you can then change resolutions in game, and will likely require you to do this every wow session.

Taryble 06-21-10 09:16 AM

I run WoW with the "Windowed", "Maximized", and "No Resize" boxes checked - this runs WoW in windowed mode, but it fills the one monitor as if it was fullscreen.

Guardix 06-21-10 09:52 AM

You can also move the windows taskbar onto your secondary monitor and let wow remain on the primary and use other applications on the secondary