WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Help/Support (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Please help!! (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24483)

MusicalThtrGeek 06-05-09 01:24 PM

Please help!!

I downloaded Carbonite a few months ago, and then I didn't play for a while. I came back on to play and it didn't work any more. The map is blank. So I came on here to download the uploaded version and I went through all of the installation steps and it still isn't working. I only have one WoW folder, I extracted all of the files and copied them into the interface>addons folder. What did I do wrong???

tinyu 06-05-09 01:26 PM

what version of windows are you using?

MusicalThtrGeek 06-05-09 01:32 PM

I'm using Windows Vista.

tinyu 06-05-09 01:33 PM

ok download carbonite again, unzip it and copy the 3 folders located inside the .zip to...

C:\users\public\games\World of Warcraft\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\

...then login to wow and post here if its been solved.

MusicalThtrGeek 06-05-09 01:41 PM

I downloaded it again and I tried to open the folder to put it in...but it said that the folder doesn't exist and that I should check the spelling and try it again...

MusicalThtrGeek 06-05-09 01:57 PM

So what can I do now????

Sythalin 06-05-09 02:30 PM

Try to use as administrator? I don't use vista (for this reason, too many permission issues) but I do know this solves a lot of access problems.

Sepioth 06-05-09 02:44 PM

One thing you can do is make sure that you got your install directory right.

Did you try to cut and paste what tinyu posted into an address bar in Vista?

If not try that. If you did that and get the not found error then the directory is different.

Easiest way to get this is to R-Click the shortcut on your desktop and select "Properties". The location of WoW should be listed in the Start In line. (This may be different on Vista, I am using XP). You can copy and paste that into an address bar and that will load your correct WoW install directory. I also believe that Vista has a option on the R-Click menu that actually can "Open To Folder" or something like that .. but I could be mistaken.

In the WoW directory go into the Interface folder. Then open the AddOns folder.

Download and save Carbonite to your desktop. Once the download is finished double click the Carbonite Zip file on the desktop and it will open a new window with 3 folders and 2 text files. Select everything (the text files do not matter and won't hurt if copied over) and DRAG them over to the Addons folder for WoW. DROP the folders and files into the Addons folder careful not to drop them onto any other folders (there should be at least a handfull of Blizzard_XXXX folders in there). You should now have the Carbonite files and folders in your Addons directory

Run WoW. If WoW was already running exit out COMPLETELY and restart WoW.

At the character select screen there should be a new red button labled "Addons" Click that to make sure that Carbonite is installed and Check off to run.

Petrah 06-05-09 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinyu (Post 141378)
ok download carbonite again, unzip it and copy the 3 folders located inside the .zip to...

C:\users\public\games\World of Warcraft\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\

...then login to wow and post here if its been solved.

Just to clarify, it should be C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons and not C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons

The best way to check if the path is correct (if you use Vista) is to right click over the games shortcut icon on the desktop and choose Open file location.

tinyu 06-05-09 11:09 PM

lol sorry about that mistake posting at 2am might not be a good idea ><