WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbonite Archive (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Carbonite 6.0 (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50642)

Fireofsoul 12-01-14 11:38 PM

Carbonite 6.0
 
I have downloaded the new carbonite 6.0 updating the old one. Now as long as I have it enabled my chat does not work I get a error message where my chat should be. I tried disabling all the other addons to make sure it was the carbonite . Can you tell me how to fix it.

Thanks Fire

JimJoBlue 12-02-14 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fireofsoul (Post 301559)
I have downloaded the new carbonite 6.0 updating the old one. Now as long as I have it enabled my chat does not work I get a error message where my chat should be. I tried disabling all the other addons to make sure it was the carbonite . Can you tell me how to fix it.

Thanks Fire

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rythal (Post 301532)
Open social window (o key), visit punks tab, right click and clear active.

My guess is the problem is coming from the "unofficial fix" version of carbonite, it is sending punk information using old zone tables, and the new carbonite is erroring from it.

^ That should stop the error dude..

jestercheeser 12-03-14 06:57 AM

Carbonite (flying )
 
with using the new carbonite 6.0.3 i can not use the flight masters in any area without first disabling carbonite then reenabling it after i land is there some way to fix this ?

rickyryan03 12-03-14 07:25 PM

flight problems
 
i am having the same problem. if anyone has a solution

Belzedar 12-12-14 10:46 AM

where is everyone getting this carbonite 6.0 from?

jeffy162 12-12-14 01:20 PM

github (You might have to join to download.)

Download it and unzip it, then move the folders to the "WoW\Interface\AddOns" folder. BACK-UP the Carbonite folders you have there already, then delete the folders and copy/paste the new ones in there.

Check it very often as it gets updated (seemingly) very often.

samyonair 12-12-14 02:23 PM

Carbonite is still in development, thats the development version for translators and for fixing the code, feel free to test but blame not for some things like herbalism not working properly because it's not finished yet

greetings Samyonair

PS please feel free to post unknown buggs to get carbonite better and better

Kreelor 12-12-14 04:06 PM

It's the "github" version which is still in development. It will lead to another version (either Alpha, or Beta, or Release)" when it's ready for that.

ircdirk 12-13-14 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kreelor (Post 302376)
It's the "github" version which is still in development. It will lead to another version (either Alpha, or Beta, or Release)" when it's ready for that.
-- I'm not sure if the version "6.03 version" is being updated concurrently, or not. But, I doubt it.

GitHub version is for 6.03 version of WoW.

Kreelor 12-13-14 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ircdirk (Post 302402)
GitHub version is for 6.03 version of WoW.

ircdirk, thanks for correcting me. I removed the statement from my previous post.

I thought they were entirely two different things; one being worked on, and one not being worked on.

ABURECALL 12-15-14 05:34 PM

The 6.0 version isn't supported by Rythal
 
Both versions of Carbonite 6.0 are not coded or updated by Rythal there is one on WOWinterface and the one on github try contacting the authors directly.

Rythal 12-16-14 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABURECALL (Post 302607)
Both versions of Carbonite 6.0 are not coded or updated by Rythal there is one on WOWinterface and the one on github try contacting the authors directly.

Really? I'm not doing the github one? since when? why didn't anyone tell me? phew that means I can just relax now.

atl77 12-16-14 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABURECALL (Post 302607)
Both versions of Carbonite 6.0 are not coded or updated by Rythal there is one on WOWinterface and the one on github try contacting the authors directly.

Rythal/Carbonite on github is not really by Rythal? Who have we worked with then? Some impostor?

ircdirk 12-16-14 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABURECALL (Post 302607)
Both versions of Carbonite 6.0 are not coded or updated by Rythal there is one on WOWinterface and the one on github try contacting the authors directly.


THATS WHY WE NEED ACTIVE MODERATORS HERE!

ABURECALL 12-16-14 01:45 PM

apology
 
If I offended I am sorry from what I read one one thread it seemed that the github one was not supported. I didn't mean to offend. It would be great if Rythal would move it out of github to carboniteaddon.com because that's where I've been looking.

ABURECALL 12-16-14 01:54 PM

So how do I download from github? I got the zip file but some of the data seems extraneous.

Rythal 12-16-14 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABURECALL (Post 302668)
If I offended I am sorry from what I read one one thread it seemed that the github one was not supported. I didn't mean to offend. It would be great if Rythal would move it out of github to carboniteaddon.com because that's where I've been looking.

Unfortunately carboniteaddon is owned by one of the original authors of Carbonite and they have been unwilling to sell me the domain.

Petrah 12-16-14 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABURECALL (Post 302668)
It would be great if Rythal would move it out of github

GitHub is where a lot of developers work the bugs out of their code. Some devs have others that help them work on the code, and GitHub offers them all a place to compare notes and report things (fixes, bugs, etc.) to one another. Some developers open their GitHub for non-coders to test the software and report bugs.


If you download from GitHub before the software is ready, be prepared for bugs and be prepared to properly and unbiasedly report those bugs.


Once the developer(s) feel that their software is ready for the public to use they will move it to another place for it to be shared and downloaded.

Petrah 12-16-14 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rythal (Post 302670)
Unfortunately carboniteaddon is owned by one of the original authors of Carbonite and they have been unwilling to sell me the domain.

carboniteaddon.net, carboniteaddon.co, carboniteaddon.org, carboniteaddon.guru, carboniteaddon.club, carboniteaddon.solutions and a ton more are readily available.

ircdirk 12-16-14 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petrah (Post 302673)
carboniteaddon.net, carboniteaddon.co, carboniteaddon.org, carboniteaddon.guru, carboniteaddon.club, carboniteaddon.solutions and a ton more are readily available.

I think there is no need for registering domain for this addon. If Rythal decides he will put latest version to curse.com.

But what we could do, is to clean this forum from this mess. To many old topics, to many spam and trolling and more clean informaton about whats going on, where and how to download github version...


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:47 AM.

vBulletin © 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd
© 2004 - 2019 MMOUI