WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Help/Support (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   A Moment of Silence for Tigerheart (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8508)

Mazzlefizz 02-11-07 08:45 PM

A Moment of Silence for Tigerheart

I just learned from a person who knows him in real life that Tigerheart passed away yesterday. I have no details other than that.

Tiger was a great kid who was very bright and relentlessly cheery. He even kinda looked like a Tiger, which is something that seemed to amuse him. He was someone who would always go the extra mile to help. Outside of what he did on this project, you've probably seen him on tons of forums, helping people fix their issues and picking up add-ons that were abandoned by authors and needed fixing. Needless to say, he was instrumental in getting this UI back up and running after 2.0. He did all of this while being a full time student and holding a job. And if you knew him in-game, on Argent Dawn, you'd know exactly how great and nice a person he was. I've never even once seen him in a bad mood.

And he was only 22.

You'll be missed, Tiger.

Lethalweapon 02-11-07 08:58 PM

Ohh... my gosh mazzle. I feel terribly sorry for your loss and everyone else that new him. My condolences. :( - lethal.

Cairenn 02-11-07 09:02 PM

There just are never the words when you hear about something like this ... :(

My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

trezy 02-11-07 09:28 PM

Wow that sucks.. :( . My deepest condolences to everyone that knew him. :(

Kamishimi 02-11-07 09:35 PM

I must admit, that is completely out of the blue. And he was just here the other day posting...moments like these really do leave you speechless.

I didn't every get to know him much except from his posts over on the Beta forum, but you could tell even from those that he was really a helpful and kind soul. You'll be missed, Tiger.

Vint 02-11-07 09:43 PM

:( :( :( :(

You will be missed Tiger....

Tissa 02-11-07 10:22 PM

I send my sympathize to his family. It is such a tragedy when someone dies so young. :(

coniferous 02-11-07 10:44 PM

This is sad. I'm sorry. He was very constructive. I'm proud of him.

I don't have much else to say, i wish i go to know him better.

You never realize how much you take something for granted till they're gone. Thank you tigerheart.

Mingan 02-11-07 11:01 PM

Too young =(

Didnt pay close enough attention to the forums to know him too well, but still..

RIP Tigerheart =(

Durzil 02-11-07 11:01 PM

My sincerest sympathy for his family and friends may he rest in peace.

Mizer18 02-11-07 11:10 PM

Tiger seems like a great person, wish I could've had the chance to play on Argent Dawn with him, but to the people who do know him, don't let him be a memory alone, let his work speak for itself and the accomplishments he did make here, and from what everyone says, I think he'll be looking down on all of us WoW players helping us out in all we do :)

Mortlach 02-12-07 02:25 AM

Prayers of the Light

May Tigerheart find everything he wishes and needs as he leaves this adventure for the next -- my family's deepest condolences for their loss.

What a blessing it was to have had Tigerheart around!

-- Mort, Lady Mort and all of Blooded Rose and Briar Rose on Vek'nilash

(Mazin, perhaps when 1.xx comes out, you can add a graf in the FAQ honoring his contributions? He is utterly irreplacible and has well-earned his fame in WoW history.)

Mechrior 02-12-07 04:56 AM

Honor

Tigerheart from what I knew of him in these forums and on others was one of the most selfles people i have ever had the honor to talk to. As mazzle said he was NEVER in a bad mood, always had time for other people's problems, and always had a good answer for nearly everything.
His passing will sadden many people but it should not bring your heart low, because all you should do is remember all the amazing things he accomplished on and off the internet and WOW. I am only 25 myself and take life and do with it as much as i can, but to hear of someone so young being struck down still makes me wonder if I have done enough.
TigerHeart you were a true bearer of the light, may it shine for you as brightly now as it ever has for your essence shall be with us all and remembered through the people that loved and honoured you.
Good luck my friend, and may your journey be as sweet as your life.

iljott 02-12-07 06:14 AM

What I knew about Tigerheart is what I learnt from these forums. He was a hard worker and an intelligent person too who always seemed cheery and ready to help. It's truly sad that such a promising young person has passed away.

May you rest in peace Tiger.

Gemminie 02-12-07 03:51 PM

I don't want to believe it, but there's been no followup denying it -- it's not fair! I was only getting to know Tigerheart from his posts to this forum, then to have him suddenly taken away -- not fair! I know I can't miss him as much as people who really knew him will, but I'll be missing him anyway, because he reached out and influenced so many people through his work and play, myself included. Wherever you are now, Tigerheart, be at peace and know that you made a difference.

Mazzlefizz 02-12-07 04:52 PM

The family of TigerHeart (Eric Simmons) provided the following information on the location and times of the funeral below:

The Showing:
February Tuesday (13) and Wednesday (14) at 2:00-4:00 PM (EST) and 6:00-8:00 PM (EST)
The Funeral:
February Thursday (15) at 10:30am

Riverside Chapel
5630 Pontiac lake rd
Waterford MI 48327

You can send flowers to the above address or if you cannot attend or after the funeral dates send flowers to the below address:
4925 Lindholm
White Lake
MI 48383

Mechrior 02-12-07 06:55 PM

personal

just so im clear is the second address a chapel of rest or a family address?..... I wont be able to make the funeral cause I live in another continent...... but i can at least send condolences to his family.

Mazzlefizz 02-12-07 08:57 PM

I didn't write the above, but I would assume that the second one is the home address and the first is the funeral home.

Kierrkian 02-12-07 10:04 PM

This is a very unfortunate thing to happen.. not only to his family but to the gaming community on the whole.

I send my deepest condolences to the family and friends. I lost my father this last October and I know its not going to be easy for you.

The Lord must have a need for him to call him back home at such a young age..

Nandy 02-13-07 07:45 AM

:eek: I send my deepest condolences to the family and friends. Tiger worked so hard, and to die at such a young age. Such a sad thing.