WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Search/Requests (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   VIew Gold without opening bags? (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43152)

Barleduq 03-31-12 05:27 PM

VIew Gold without opening bags?

I'd like to be able to see how much gold I have without opening *anything* - the way you can see how much bagspace you have (which is a blizz-provided toggle). I have a couple of addons that track it (track o matic and analyst, for two) but unless gold is *all* I'm tracking, track o matic's display is larger than I want, and analyst does something completely different - which I like, but having it visible all the time isn't useful to me.

Something that shows it on the bags (the way the available bagspace is) would be ideal. Searching 'gold track' or 'gold view' didn't find me anything like what I'm looking for.

Thank you!

Waky 03-31-12 05:40 PM

This can be accomplished by using an info bar, like DataBroker. This creates a bar, then you can put plugins on it to track various information that you'd like to see.

You'll need a bar addon, here are a few to choose from:
Then you'll want a plugin that shows your gold:

Code:

iMoney
zz_Money
Broker_Currency
Broker_wGold (Shameless self-promotion)

Just to name a few

Fizzlemizz 03-31-12 08:11 PM

SLDataText gives you information text boxes for pretty much everything including gold. Customisable for position, font, scale etc.

Seerah 03-31-12 09:14 PM

If you want *just* gold, there's this: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...impleGold.html

Barleduq 04-01-12 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seerah (Post 254721)
If you want *just* gold, there's this: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...impleGold.html

Thank you! I've downloaded this and am trying it out.

And yeah - I realize that, by installing addons, I *am* changing my UI in small increments. But I don't want massive changes, and so I don't want an entirely new UI; in many ways I'm still learning the interface to start with. All I wanted was to be able to see how much gold I have without opening anything.

Thank you for the pointer!

Barleduq 04-12-12 02:14 AM

Don't know if anyone's still reading...

So I pulled down simplegold, as suggested, and it does exactly what I want. yay! Unfortunately, it also throws errors on occasion, and as far as I can tell the author is no longer in the community. (no response to comments on the addon page, to comments in the portal, to email sent to the email mentioned in the profile.)

So my question becomes, is there anyone willing to look at the errors, and/or is there another addon that does this and doesn't give errors?

advTHANKSance

Rilgamon 04-12-12 02:58 AM

Fixing old addons does not really make sense when there are "thousands" of new addons doing the same ;)

Most (if not all AddOns) come as a Broker (see Waky's post) and there comes a time when you want to get rid of all the buttons around your minimap anyway ;)
So getting a gold-broker is the best idea. When you want to place the display of such a broker freely there is Fortress which allows you to place each displayed broker-info anywhere you want.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-Fortress.html

most other broker-displays use the traditional bar at the top/bottom to display the broker information.

Petrah 04-12-12 10:11 AM

As previously mentioned, try SLDatatext. It has many modules, so simply disable all the modules except the gold module. It does not need a broker bar, and the author is actively maintaining the addon.

jeffy162 04-12-12 02:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Try StatBlockCore along with StatBlock Money.

Please keep in mind, though, that StatBlockCore is a LDB type display that just displays all of your LDB feeds in individual "block" style feeds (instead of on a bar). All feeds except the feeds you want to display can be disabled in the StatBlockCore options panel.

Do a search on WoWI for StatBlock, and the results will show you all of the modules you can use either with StatBlock or with a "more normal" LDB display.

Personally, I use the aforementioned SLDataText, but I use almost all of the feeds it has and overlay several of them on my Chocolate Bar Broker Display. They do not display through Chocolate Bar, but are single feeds which have had their UI display levels changed (in each modules options) so they are still visible when dragged on top of the bar. Here's an example of how it looks in my UI:
Attachment 6894 Please click the image for a larger view. 1280 x 800
The SLDT modules are highlighted in red.

Seerah 04-12-12 06:53 PM

Try this (untested):

In your Interface/AddOns folder, create a folder titled GoldDisplay

In this GoldDisplay folder, create a file named GoldDisplay.toc (make sure that it's not GoldDisplay.toc.txt). My editor of choice is Notepad++, but you can use any text editor. Inside this .toc file, put this text:
Code:

## Interface: 40300
## Title: GoldDisplay
## Notes: Shows how much gold you have
GoldDisplay.lua

Then create a file named GoldDisplay.lua and put this inside:
Code:

local frame = CreateFrame("Frame")
frame:SetSize(200, 25)

--you can change these values to alter where your frame is displayed
frame:SetPoint("BOTTOMLEFT", ChatFrame1, "TOPLEFT", 2, 50)

local text = frame:CreateFontString(nil, nil, "GameFontHighlight")
text:SetPoint("BOTTOMLEFT")

frame:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_LOGIN")
frame:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_MONEY")
frame:SetScript("OnEvent", function()
    text:SetText(GetCoinTextureString(GetMoney()))
end)

This should show you how much money you have just above the top left of your chat frame.

Phanx 04-12-12 06:55 PM

Seerah, you have a typo in your code.
Code:

text:SetText(GetCointTextureString(GetMoney()))
It should just be "GetCoinTextureString". :p

Seerah 04-12-12 06:57 PM

Oops >< Thanks