WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Search/Requests (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Modifying Greenwall $$ (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57158)

cmb991 05-23-19 12:44 AM

Modifying Greenwall $$

Hey, looking to pay a developer to make Greenwall work Cross Realm. I know it works on the same realm with two different guilds, and connected realms, but not Cross Realm between non connected realms. PM me if your interested. Obviously there will be trolls here, I know about community channels... not what I'm looking for.

SDPhantom 05-23-19 06:54 AM

There isn't a reliable way to send messages between non-connected realms. Greenwall operates by having all users open a guild-specific global chat channel on the server and relays/translates messages passing through back into what looks like guild messages. To get messages between non-connected realms, you have to rely on BNet whispers, which if any user performing the transcode operation logs off, the entire addon goes down. This is logistically infeasible.

cmb991 05-23-19 07:41 PM

I thought greenwall was now using a community channel that people joined/left upon sending messages.... When you install greenwall, it even adds a hidden second channel so you have to have less than 10 channels in your personal list.

SDPhantom 05-23-19 08:39 PM

From what I see in the code, it's just the chat channel you mentioned as the "second hidden channel". I'm not seeing anything that references the community system.

If you want to take a look at it yourself, the function responsible for sending messages is at line 349 in Channel.lua.
The API function that actually sends the message is called SendChatMessage().
Here's a breakdown.
Code:

SendChatMessage(segment, 'CHANNEL', nil, self.number)
  • segment - This is the "message" the addon sends.
  • 'CHANNEL' - This is the channel type the message is to go through. 'CHANNEL' specifies a numbered chat channel as opposed to say/party/raid/etc.
  • nil - This spot usually specifies a language for a character to speak for a supporting chat channel. 'CHANNEL' doesn't support this, so it's left blank (what nil signifies in Lua)
  • self.number - This is the chat target. In case of 'CHANNEL', this is the channel number to send the message through.

cmb991 05-23-19 11:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
See attached. Why does it create the secondary channel then to tunnel the messages into guild chat? In this case, I named the short tag KotA in my ginfo config. That's when it created that /6 (or for others /4 /5) channel that you can't type any messages into but its there because they all funnel into the guild chat.

EDIT: Disregard.... just spoke to Stigg and your right. So I guess it would have to be done via bnet friends or even some people in a community channel to funnel the messages for everyone.....

SDPhantom 05-24-19 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmb991 (Post 332193)
EDIT: Disregard.... just spoke to Stigg and your right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmb991 (Post 332193)
Why does it create the secondary channel then to tunnel the messages into guild chat? In this case, I named the short tag KotA in my ginfo config. That's when it created that /6 (or for others /4 /5) channel that you can't type any messages into but its there because they all funnel into the guild chat.

That's the system chat channel we've been talking about. To clarify the Blizzard Community channels are something else entirely and are accessed by opening your guild window.

The screenshots I've included are examples of the community channels both in-game and in the launcher (where it's known as "Groups").

cmb991 05-24-19 09:39 PM

Okay so you pretty much need a few people that are bnet friends to act as the relay between the two guilds.... Anyone up for the project? Willing to pay.

cmb991 05-25-19 01:46 PM

Is there a way to modify greenwall so it uses a community channel for two cross realm guilds but the community channel relays the text to the guild chat so people can still use /g ? I know community channels are limited to 1000, which is fine. Not sure if its possible to make some auto kick / auto invite to a community channel upon a guild member logging in...