WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chit-Chat (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Something funny found on SWotR Forums (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41580)

Lily.Petal 10-11-11 09:47 AM

Something funny found on SWotR Forums

Friend of mine found a baaaad forum thread bashing GW2 on the SWoTR forums, and decided to poke in and give correct information, results were kinda face palmable by the forum moderators.

-----
Original SWoTR Thread: Link

Thread on MMO-Champ: Link

His Post: Link
-----

All in all after reading the SWoTR thread, I was pretty much trying my hardest not to laugh and/or pity them.
Was good entertainment for last night at least.

Think my favorite line was someone saying "GW2 is not a major MMO and should not be treated like one.".

EDIT: If this violates any ToA of the forums, I apologize. I Put it in the general>chitchat forum as it is offtopic, and not posting this to bash their site but as a small bit of entertainment.

Greevir 10-11-11 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily.Petal (Post 245718)
Friend of mine found a baaaad forum thread bashing GW2 on the SWoTR forums, and decided to poke in and give correct information, results were kinda face palmable by the forum moderators.

-----
Original SWoTR Thread: Link

Thread on MMO-Champ: Link

His Post: Link
-----

All in all after reading the SWoTR thread, I was pretty much trying my hardest not to laugh and/or pity them.
Was good entertainment for last night at least.

Think my favorite line was someone saying "GW2 is not a major MMO and should not be treated like one.".

EDIT: If this violates any ToA of the forums, I apologize. I Put it in the general>chitchat forum as it is offtopic, and not posting this to bash their site but as a small bit of entertainment.

Well, thats nice, I guess. Same thing happens the other way around. Besides, the official SWTOR forums are garbage much like WoW's is. GW2 doesn;t really have one so I can't so with theirs. Pretty much the only reason I stay with the SWTOR forums on MMO-Champ. The Total Biscuit video posted in the MMO-Champ thread basically expresses what I feel.

Ither 10-11-11 12:07 PM

Does anyone else besides me wonder about Lily's avatar?

I mean, if those are Lily's eyes--I'm going to jump off a tall bridge right now.

not that anyone would miss me or anything

Lily.Petal 10-11-11 04:22 PM

D: ohgawdwathavidun??
I would? o3o
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGeek (Post 245731)
Does anyone else besides me wonder about Lily's avatar?

I mean, if those are Lily's eyes--I'm going to jump off a tall bridge right now.

not that anyone would miss me or anything

It was just a good read for the night, made me smile and laugh.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Greevir (Post 245729)
Well, thats nice, I guess. Same thing happens the other way around. Besides, the official SWTOR forums are garbage much like WoW's is. GW2 doesn;t really have one so I can't so with theirs. Pretty much the only reason I stay with the SWTOR forums on MMO-Champ. The Total Biscuit video posted in the MMO-Champ thread basically expresses what I feel.

haylie 10-12-11 04:04 AM

If there's one thing gamers love more than gaming, it's complaining about games.

Nibelheim 10-12-11 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haylie (Post 245789)
If there's one thing gamers love more than gaming, it's complaining about games.

We are a pretty self-entitled bunch, but the majority of gaming companies are also pretty terrible (mostly just marketing companies in disguise). Have to balance the two :p