WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   UI Feedback Thread (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38749)

Zagrei 02-05-11 08:22 AM

UI Feedback Thread
 
Post screenshots of your UI here, and people can (hopefully!) give you helpful suggestions on what they do/don't like, and how you could make it better! Please keep the posts to fairly large consecutive changes, reposting for every little change you make to the same UI could get tedious ;)


Seerah, feel free to edit this first post to something more official/formal if you wish.

Zagrei 02-05-11 08:23 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I'll start it off! Something I threw together, what do you think? Runic Power is directly behind runes, as you can see in the group shot :D

Ignore the random minimap icon, I was fiddling with an addon xD

Othgar 02-05-11 08:40 AM

Woot feedback thread!

Ok I know I already put this in the SS thread but, I'm looking for some suggestions for my buffs for this UI.



I'm just not happy with them..the debuffs in the center are fine, but the actual buff frame just bugs me, and I haven't found anything I'm with to replace it.

Aftermathhqt 02-05-11 08:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
fixed the position of the actionbar, looks abit better, made the textures abit darker, looks damn cool, so here is my shammy with tial waves stacks, and water shield :) and thanks Seerah for the tip of align :)

Zagrei 02-05-11 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Othgar (Post 228720)
...I'm looking for some suggestions for my buffs for this UI.

I'm just not happy with them..the debuffs in the center are fine, but the actual buff frame just bugs me, and I haven't found anything I'm with to replace it.

Well, I use Satrina Buff Frames, which is not going to be updated any more (sadly :() As far as buff layout goes, it's always been tricky to figure out for vertical HP bars... the place you have them seems alright-ish. I would suggest filtering out your long-term buffs and putting them somewhere out of sight (sich as in the upper right corner, or something), and then putting only your procs and cooldowns in the place where your buffs are right now. Just a thought :)

Zagrei 02-05-11 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Game92 (Post 228721)
fixed the position of the actionbar, looks abit better, made the textures abit darker, looks damn cool, so here is my shammy with tial waves stacks, and water shield :) and thanks Seerah for the tip of align :)

It looks good, Game! I'm happy to see that you have made good use of Align, as your older pictures sometimes made my OCD flare up :P One thing: why is the texture on your castbars different from your unitframes? Also, do your damage meters expand all the way to the bottom level of your UI?

Aftermathhqt 02-05-11 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zagrei (Post 228723)
It looks good, Game! I'm happy to see that you have made good use of Align, as your older pictures sometimes made my OCD flare up :P One thing: why is the texture on your castbars different from your unitframes? Also, do your damage meters expand all the way to the bottom level of your UI?

Thanks, yeah, i know that i don't know why too, I can't find the wrong, why it isnt like the castbar. :( yeah, untill the bottom panel, like omen.

Othgar 02-05-11 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zagrei (Post 228722)
Well, I use Satrina Buff Frames, which is not going to be updated any more (sadly :() As far as buff layout goes, it's always been tricky to figure out for vertical HP bars... the place you have them seems alright-ish. I would suggest filtering out your long-term buffs and putting them somewhere out of sight (sich as in the upper right corner, or something), and then putting only your procs and cooldowns in the place where your buffs are right now. Just a thought :)

I think I'll give that a try. Thanks!

Zagrei 02-05-11 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Game92 (Post 228725)
Thanks, yeah, i know that i don't know why too, I can't find the wrong, why it isnt like the castbar. :( yeah, untill the bottom panel, like omen.

Huh, that's strange. Okay, as long as it extends to the bottom panel :)

Zagrei 02-05-11 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Othgar (Post 228726)
I think I'll give that a try. Thanks!

Yep, no problem ;)

Othgar 02-05-11 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zagrei (Post 228718)
I'll start it off! Something I threw together, what do you think? Runic Power is directly behind runes, as you can see in the group shot :D

Ignore the random minimap icon, I was fiddling with an addon xD

I like the runic power behind the runes looks clean. I think I might have gone with red for the RP though, but that's just me.

Zagrei 02-05-11 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Othgar (Post 228729)
I like the runic power behind the runes looks clean. I think I might have gone with red for the RP though, but that's just me.

Thanks :) I tried a whole bunch of different colors, and they were all too distracting and stuff =/ I use that bar pretty much only to check how much I have total, pretty much just for Lichborne and DRW. I'm gonna keep looking for a good color, though ;)

Aftermathhqt 02-05-11 09:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I manged to fix it!!!!! yay! what do you think? =)

Zagrei 02-05-11 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Game92 (Post 228732)
I manged to fix it!!!!! yay! what do you think? =)

Looks nice, Game! Glad you figured it out :)

Aftermathhqt 02-05-11 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zagrei (Post 228733)
Looks nice, Game! Glad you figured it out :)

Thanks :p

had the border created to "self" and i tried "self.Health" instead, and it worked. :)

lawr 02-05-11 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Game92 (Post 228734)
Thanks :p

had the border created to "self" and i tried "self.Health" instead, and it worked. :)

I really like the way you use the border on every frame possible. Makes the UI look very consistent. On smaller bars the inner shadow seems to overlap somehow due to their reduced height, though, as seen on your totem timers and the experience bar. I've had this problem myself a few times and never managed to fix it.
One thing I don't like this much is your Recount(?)/Omen. The bars are very colorful and don't fit into the rest of the UI this much in my eyes. Maybe try grey (the same you used for your unit frames) for the bars and the names class colored?
I don't know if this is possible with Recount but you could try to make it grow upwards, so that you can put it right next to Omen, even if you are in a smaller group of like 5 people and it then expands upwards if there are more people to show. Hope you get what I mean :)

Aftermathhqt 02-05-11 10:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by lawr (Post 228736)
I really like the way you use the border on every frame possible. Makes the UI look very consistent. On smaller bars the inner shadow seems to overlap somehow due to their reduced height, though, as seen on your totem timers and the experience bar. I've had this problem myself a few times and never managed to fix it.
One thing I don't like this much is your Recount(?)/Omen. The bars are very colorful and don't fit into the rest of the UI this much in my eyes. Maybe try grey (the same you used for your unit frames) for the bars and the names class colored?
I don't know if this is possible with Recount but you could try to make it grow upwards, so that you can put it right next to Omen, even if you are in a smaller group of like 5 people and it then expands upwards if there are more people to show. Hope you get what I mean :)

Thanks, indeed. i did, this how it turned out, i don't like them as in same admount of bars, of omen and tinydps i don't know i just don't like it :)

Ither 02-05-11 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Game92 (Post 228737)
Thanks, indeed. i did, this how it turned out, i don't like them as in same admount of bars, of omen and tinydps i don't know i just don't like it :)

Game what are you using for chat?

Othgar 02-05-11 11:11 AM

Ok twaeked a bit, readjusted here and there and now I think I'm happy with it.


Kendian 02-05-11 12:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have these textures that I cobbled together from Landrells beautiful Tron textures...would there be any interest in them if I uploaded? (All credits to Landrell, of course) And disregard the pink one, i would of course include a desaturated set, so you could color them any way you like~


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:18 PM.

vBulletin © 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd
© 2004 - 2020 MMOUI