WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Authoring Discussion (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Addon Detection Via Chat (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42240)

Verttex 12-29-11 06:48 AM

Addon Detection Via Chat

Can an addon detect a player whispering you something and respond with a string that changes from what the player said?
Ex:
A->B: Heya!
B->A: [AfkMessage] B is away at the moment. Message? (Use {M} in Message to go to Mail.)
A->B: {M}Hey B, I need some netherweave, you got some?
B->A: Message Set.

Then when B gets back, a notification occurs showing the message.

This could also be useful for shops:

A->B: WTS Savage Leather, Heavy And Pristine Hide.
B->A: Ill buy some!
A->B: [AutoShop] Commands: Use {L} to list items with prices. {L1,2,3} For Pages. Use {B} [Item] [Q(in stacks)] to notify the seller that you want to buy something.
B->A: {L}
A->B: Savage Leather: 6g/item, Heavy Savage Leather: 10g/item, Pristine Hide: 300g/item.
B->A: {B} Heavy Savage Leather 5
A->B: Notified A, one moment please.

Window pops up.
Profit.

Any ideas?

SDPhantom 12-29-11 12:14 PM

It'll be complex and it'll take more time than I have at the moment to code, but it can be done.
It would be interesting to morph this idea into a merchant UI for players with inventory management.

Vlad 12-29-11 12:58 PM

Doesn't sound too hard, but the GUI elements is what will take time to add really, the coding and logic isn't that complicated. ;)

SDPhantom 12-29-11 04:39 PM

The GUI I had for my idea would morph the existing MerchantFrame to build a player shop where you would view what a player has for sale, when you select you want an item the player has for sale, it puts in an order on the merchant side, adjusts the stock available, and when the seller gets to it, they can view all the orders and conduct business accordingly.

I'll have to see what I can do about the actual transfer of goods, but many of the trade API functions require hardware events. I'll have to look more into this.

Verttex 12-30-11 12:52 PM

Mostly entering information for the addon to see,like prices and stuff, would be hard to do.

SDPhantom 12-30-11 04:35 PM

The idea isn't very complicated. The seller sets the prices and how many of each item they wants to sell. The buyer comes along with the same addon and when triggered, it would send a whisper through the addon channel when they want to view the seller's wares. An interesting thing I want to try to do is watch PLAYER_TARGET_CHANGED to see if it still fires with an argument to hook right-click targeting of players for the addon.

Vlad 12-30-11 04:59 PM

Setting prices shouldn't be that hard tough. You could ripoff the merchant frame and make it so you can put items "in it" from your bags and set a price, as easy as that! ;)

Tons of ways to do this, thing is, is it worth it to go this deep into a project like this? Hmm... something that requires others to use the same addon in order to work is nice but usually small time addons have the big problem of starting up. I think people are so into the AH game by now that it may be hard to get noticed with a new concept like this. :(

Verttex 12-30-11 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vladinator (Post 250293)
Setting prices shouldn't be that hard tough. You could ripoff the merchant frame and make it so you can put items "in it" from your bags and set a price, as easy as that! ;)

Tons of ways to do this, thing is, is it worth it to go this deep into a project like this? Hmm... something that requires others to use the same addon in order to work is nice but usually small time addons have the big problem of starting up. I think people are so into the AH game by now that it may be hard to get noticed with a new concept like this. :(

What if the addon doesn't need both players?

In: A->B: Heya!
B->A: [AfkMessage] B is away at the moment. Message? (Use {M} in Message to go to Mail.)
A->B: {M}Hey B, I need some netherweave, you got some?
B->A: Message Set

Player A doesn't need the addon, he just responds so the addon can understand.

Vlad 01-08-12 08:04 PM

Not here to argue, in my mind I just had another idea. :3

Instead of whisper interface a merchant like feature, i.e. you /afk and your message or something, then others would be able to go up to you, right click you and a merchant window opens with that persons merchandise. :D

The trading wouldn't be possible, but he could add his orders on your log, for you to check later and go trough and service.

I actually coded this for fun but that was all it was, for fun. :p