WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Search/Requests (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Dorwido has abandoned wow, hoping someone will pick this up (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56350)

Barleduq 07-11-18 10:00 AM

Dorwido has abandoned wow, hoping someone will pick this up

According to the page for Flight Map Enhanced & Times on curse/twitch, Dorwido has left the game and abandoned his addons. While I use FME, the addon of his (that's on here) that I REALLY want is this:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...okenWatch.html

I've tried picking up lua and failed miserably. Could someone please pick this up and keep it going? I rely on it to grab tokens at opportune moments. I can't be the only one!

advTHANKSance
-Barleduq

Kanegasi 07-11-18 11:56 AM

I use this addon just fine. What errors are you getting? What isn’t working?

Fizzlemizz 07-11-18 11:38 PM

It might error out if the token service isn't available.

Barleduq 07-12-18 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanegasi (Post 328599)

I'm not - currently - getting any errors on the Token addon. I've heard about 'many changes' with stuff coming in BfA, and I'm concerned about it continuing to work. I'm being somewhat pro-active, is all.

I *have* been getting errors from the teleporters on Argus for the Flight Map Enhanced addon. I haven't reported them before. I could put them on the page now if someone was going to look at them.

-Barleduq

Fizzlemizz 07-12-18 03:32 PM

The PTR and Beta aren't set up to interact with the token system (tokens going to your Beta/PTR accounts would be a waste of faux gold not to mention the other end getting faux gold for their faux token that dissapeared with the Beta ;)) so C_WowTokenPublic.GetCurrentMarketPrice() is just returning nil, nil. The addon may just be failing silently due to this or, there may be a "service not available" message somewhere.

elals29 07-22-18 10:20 PM

these are the errors i also keep getting on Argus or maybe just in general

Code:

2x ...rfaceFlightMapEnhanced\FlightMapEnhanced-v2.1.4.lua:966: attempt to call field '?' (a nil value)
...rfaceFlightMapEnhanced\FlightMapEnhanced-v2.1.4.lua:966: in function `LoadModules'
...rfaceFlightMapEnhanced\FlightMapEnhanced-v2.1.4.lua:837: in function <...rfaceFlightMapEnhanced\FlightMapEnhanced.lua:668>

Locals:
self = <table> {
 ftracks = <table> {
 }
 gconf = <table> {
 }
 initft = <function> defined @FlightMapEnhanced\modules\FlightTimes.lua:3
 LoadModules = <function> defined @FlightMapEnhanced\FlightMapEnhanced.lua:963
 initmfm = <function> defined @FlightMapEnhanced\modules\MissingFlightMasters.lua:2
 L = <table> {
 }
 vconf = <table> {
 }
 configchange = <function> defined @FlightMapEnhanced\FlightMapEnhancedConfigChangeHandler.lua:4
 floc = <table> {
 }
 flocn = <table> {
 }
 GetPlayerData = <function> defined @FlightMapEnhanced\FlightMapEnhanced.lua:312
 DataBrokerClick = <function> defined @FlightMapEnhanced\FlightMapEnhanced.lua:871
 DragonPins = <table> {
 }
 gconfigchange = <function> defined @FlightMapEnhanced\FlightMapEnhancedConfigChangeHandler.lua:72
 timer = <function> defined @FlightMapEnhanced\FlightMapEnhanced.lua:114
 flocdis = <table> {
 }
 Dragon = <table> {
 }
 modules = <table> {
 }
}
(for generator) = <function> defined =[C]:-1
(for state) = <table> {
 1 = "wmc"
 2 = "mfm"
 3 = "ft"
}
(for control) = 1
key = 1
val = "wmc"
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = "attempt to call field '?' (a nil value)"
ns = <table> {
 ftracks = <table> {
 }
 gconf = <table> {
 }
 initft = <function> defined @FlightMapEnhanced\modules\FlightTimes.lua:3
 initmfm = <function> defined @FlightMapEnhanced\modules\MissingFlightMasters.lua:2
 L = <table> {
 }
 vconf = <table> {
 }
 configchange = <function> defined @FlightMapEnhanced\FlightMapEnhancedConfigChangeHandler.lua:4
 floc = <table> {
 }
 flocn = <table> {
 }
 DataBrokerClick = <function> defined @FlightMapEnhanced\FlightMapEnhanced.lua:871
 DragonPins = <table> {
 }
 gconfigchange = <function> defined @FlightMapEnhanced\FlightMapEnhancedConfigChangeHandler.lua:72
 flocdis = <table> {
 }
 Dragon = <table> {
 }
 modules = <table> {
 }
}

elals29 07-22-18 10:21 PM

Code:

2x ...eFlightMapEnhanced\modules\WorldMapClick.lua:3: attempt to call global 'GetMapZones' (a nil value)
...eFlightMapEnhanced\modules\WorldMapClick.lua:3: in main chunk

Locals:
ns = <table> {
 ftracks = <table> {
 }
 floc = <table> {
 }
 modules = <table> {
 }
 L = <table> {
 }
}
printr_string = ""
(*temporary) = <table> {
}
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = 8
(*temporary) = "attempt to call global 'GetMapZones' (a nil value)"

Barleduq 07-23-18 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanegasi (Post 328599)

As of yesterday, the button that would let you buy a token even if you weren't at the AH didn't work. Swatter gave me no errors.

Also, Flight Map Enhanced is thorougly borked. I can't get an error, tho - swatter pops up the error when I click on the flight master, and when I click on Swatter it goes away, and I haven't been able to find it again in the morass of errors I'm getting from addons.

I might try a full-screen screenshot. Assuming anyone's going to bother.
-Barleduq

Fizzlemizz 07-23-18 09:59 PM

The token buy C_ function now needs the AH interface open, if it's not, the function fails silently but the game function that calls it still plays the sound :( Apparently you make better decisions when you're 5,000 miles away from where you want to be.

Can you purchase a token using the mobile app? I thought you could, which would make a nonsense of this change.

Barleduq 07-24-18 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fizzlemizz (Post 328912)
The token buy C_ function now needs the AH interface open, if it's not, the function fails silently but the game function that calls it still plays the sound :( Apparently you make better decisions when you're 5,000 miles away from where you want to be.

Can you purchase a token using the mobile app? I thought you could, which would make a nonsense of this change.

Not that I've found, tho I haven't looked for an update on it in the last week. (I don't auto-update things.) Oh wait, do you mean the armory app, with the AH interface? I thought that died a while ago.

-Barleduq

Fizzlemizz 07-24-18 08:06 PM

I've never used the mobile app so I have no idea what state it is in, I just had the feeling you could purchase tokens with it (no idea why). That being said, I would think anything that can done anywhere on this planet using "means" should be "doable" anywhere in Azeroth although I might make exeptions for dungeons and raids.

There's the external API for the token price so that's in keeping with getting that anywhere/any time in-game.

Barleduq 08-01-18 12:57 AM

Dorwido returned!

According to edits on Flight Map Enhanced on curseforge, Dorwido has returned.

Hopefully he'll update everything.
-Barleduq

Barleduq 08-21-18 03:54 PM

Abandoned here :(

Dorwido/Darkstar came back to work on his addons, and is updating them on Curse. I sent a message asking if he'd resume updating here also, and he said he's not interested in maintaining his addons on wowinterface.com :( . I've put this message on Flight Map Enhanced and WoW Token Update, and now here. Not sure about any of his other addons.

Wander over there, I guess. Good luck.
-Barleduq