WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   5x Deferred XML Node object named oUF_ClickCastUnitTemplate already exists (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56409)

Lyak 07-22-18 07:29 AM

5x Deferred XML Node object named oUF_ClickCastUnitTemplate already exists

Hi all,

I basically have two of my addons embed oUF as a library.
(let's call them AddonA and AddonB)

And just now, it started to popping the following error as soon as I log in to my toon.

Lua Code:
  1. 5x Deferred XML Node object named oUF_ClickCastUnitTemplate already exists

The interesting fact is that those two addons currently do nothing but loading oUF as an embedded library.

I honestly don't know why this is happening as those two addons have been co-existing since the Legion :confused:

Obviously disabling either of them would stop crying for such error.

Would this be a bug with Blizzard's end?

lightspark 07-22-18 07:42 AM

It's not a bug. Having multiple XML objects w/ identical names has become an error in BfA.

Ideally, embeddable libraries shouldn't create/define anything in XML because it's impossible to update such objects. But due to oUF's nature, we have to use XML templates because there's no way to do what we need in Lua.

The only solution to your problem is to disabled embedded oUF in both addons, and to use standalone version of oUF for them.

Lyak 07-22-18 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightspark (Post 328846)
It's not a bug. Having multiple XML objects w/ identical names has become an error in BfA.

Ideally, embeddable libraries shouldn't create/define anything in XML because it's impossible to update such objects. But due to oUF's nature, we have to use XML templates because there's no way to do what we need in Lua.

The only solution to your problem is to disabled embedded oUF in both addons, and to use standalone version of oUF for them.

Hm............

Would there be any possible ways to load one's embedded oUF only when there is no oUF loaded yet, instead of making it standalone?
(Maybe like version checking done on LibStub)

Guessing there's none as you stated tho :(

lightspark 07-22-18 11:31 AM

LibStub won't help.

As I said, your best bet is to use oUF as a standalone addon, then both addons will use it. Alternatively, you can disable error reporting entirely :D

Lyak 07-22-18 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightspark (Post 328854)
LibStub won't help.

As I said, your best bet is to use oUF as a standalone addon, then both addons will use it. Alternatively, you can disable error reporting entirely :D

So, I only need to do:
  1. Pull out oUF to addons folder
  2. disable embedded oUF
  3. add tag(## RequiredDeps: oUF) for both addons

right?!

It's sad that I can't use custom tag ##X-oUF thing :(

p3lim 07-22-18 06:57 PM

Blame Blizzard for not letting us create templates with Lua or allow us to set certain attributes outside XML.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyak (Post 328860)
So, I only need to do:
  1. Pull out oUF to addons folder
  2. disable embedded oUF
  3. add tag(## RequiredDeps: oUF) for both addons

right?!

It's sad that I can't use custom tag ##X-oUF thing :(

Try it? Always better to try it out yourself before asking.

runamonk 07-23-18 05:52 AM

I created an addon that loads all my shared libraries. So that way I don't have any duplicates that I want to embed, including oUF. This works out really nice. Then I don't have to clutter up my addon list with a bunch of addons that are frameworks or libraries. :)

Lyak 07-23-18 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p3lim (Post 328865)
Blame Blizzard for not letting us create templates with Lua or allow us to set certain attributes outside XML.

So sad :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by p3lim (Post 328865)
Try it? Always better to try it out yourself before asking.

True... Will try it when I have a time!

Quote:

Originally Posted by runamonk (Post 328895)
I created an addon that loads all my shared libraries. So that way I don't have any duplicates that I want to embed, including oUF. This works out really nice. Then I don't have to clutter up my addon list with a bunch of addons that are frameworks or libraries. :)

Maybe I should do something similar.

It might be inefficient, but I want all those libraries gathered in a single pack, not placed individually within an addon folder.

runamonk 07-23-18 08:15 AM

Me too. That's how I did mine. It makes it easier to manage too.

I put all my shared stuff in a single addon and organized in folders by type (assets, libs, sounds, fonts, etc) and then make all my other addons dependent on it. I'm a little anal retentive lmao.

Here is how I have mine laid out.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoICZc1JonHCgd4s-MtjieXYdnv1ZQ

Fnordson 07-25-18 02:19 PM

This thread appears as top result for the error on google.
Could any of you elaborate on how to fix it as a normal person?
I don't even know which add on produces this...

Kanegasi 07-25-18 03:14 PM

Any addon that loads the same library that uses XML-declared frames that any other addon has already loaded can generate this error. In this specific thread (and forum), oUF had the error.

It’s an error that’s not an error. There’s nothing wrong, just Blizzard doing weird things. It only ever shows up when the UI loads, so I’d just ignore it.