WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Help/Support (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Viewport Help (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57982)

G1ak1 05-05-20 09:59 AM

Viewport Help

hey guys. As you probably know viewport addons (like sunnart or ctmod) are not working properly anymore. they bug out on cutscenes/cinematics and its really annoying. especially on n'zoth chamber cutscene.

anyone found any solution to it yet? i would really appreciate letting me know before i have to change my whole ui :(

thanks in advance

best regards

Fizzlemizz 05-05-20 12:59 PM

I adjust my viewport between full screen and ported when you Alt-Z. This sort of thing might work. If you know a glitched scene that doesn't require an instance (current) I could test it.

G1ak1 05-05-20 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fizzlemizz (Post 335847)
I adjust my viewport between full screen and ported when you Alt-Z. This sort of thing might work. If you know a glitched scene that doesn't require an instance (current) I could test it.

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately i don't remember any cutscene that is not in an instance. i get this issue on Jaina Mythic after P1 and N'zoth Mythic when chamber phase begins. What do u mean exactly when you say you adjust it between fullscreen and ported??? maybe i can try it tmr on N'Zoth. :)

thanks again

Fizzlemizz 05-05-20 03:25 PM

Code:

/run WorldFrame:ClearAllPoints WorldFrame:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", 0, 0) WorldFrame:SetPoint("BOTTOMRIGHT", 0, 0)
Try running that some time before the scene plays.
You would need to /reload afterward to get your viewport back.

G1ak1 05-08-20 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fizzlemizz (Post 335852)
Code:

/run WorldFrame:ClearAllPoints WorldFrame:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", 0, 0) WorldFrame:SetPoint("BOTTOMRIGHT", 0, 0)
Try running that some time before the scene plays.
You would need to /reload afterward to get your viewport back.

tried that code, it resetted my viewport but after reload it wouldn't load it. i had to actually disable my usual viewport addon, load a different viewport addon and use that to get viewport settings back :P

but thanks for trying anw mate., i appreciate it

Fizzlemizz 05-08-20 08:37 PM

I'm not sure why your viewport addon didn't reload properly (maybe it needed a re-log rather than a reload) as I have no idea which one you were/are using (you mentioned two but not if you were using one of those or something else).

This was a test you said you were willing to try not a whole solution, to see if setting to WorldFrame back to full size fixed the cutscene display glitch you mentioned, did it??

If the scene played properly it points to a possible solution that could be implemented in the viewport addons.

DahkCeles 06-12-20 07:43 PM

Solution

For any addon devs: CTMod 8.3.0.10 fixed this using the following code:

CinematicFrame:SetScript("OnShow", nil)
CinematicFrame:SetScript("OnHide", nil)

Fundamentally, the problem was that WorldFrame was being altered by the OnShow/OnHide scripts during combat, but then the addon couldn't override and put it back to the custom settings afterwards because of combat lockdown.

As far as I know, this is only an issue with fights like Jaina and Mythic N'Zoth.

My thanks to G1ak1 for finding me on Curse and reporting the issue so I could fix it.