WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Released AddOns (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   TipBuddy - Advanced configurable tooltips (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1025)

chester 06-18-05 02:23 AM

TipBuddy - Advanced configurable tooltips

Hi everyone, I'm chester the author of TipBuddy. I wanted to create this thread so everyone has a single place to post comments about TipBuddy. Feel free to post opinions, bugs, gripes, annoyances, praises or whatever you like so I can address them. I'm all ears!

TipBuddy
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=4017

Cairenn 06-18-05 02:26 AM

*Grabs Chester by one of those so-prominent ears*

You had us all completely stumped today! http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=new&tmp=1#new

*Threatens Chester with a trout*

*Grin*

Glad you are hosting here now as well Chester, thanks. :)

chester 06-18-05 02:37 AM

the power of the internet

!! Man you guys are quick, I just uploaded that thing! Devla is the man though, he's on top of it all. I hope everyone grabs the new version quick because that chat thing was annoying. :-( I was sweating all day at work today knowing I couldn't fix it until I got home.

Cairenn 06-18-05 10:45 AM

You're forgiven ... this time ... ;)

tralkar 06-18-05 02:30 PM

use it

I use it and love it, that chat thing was driving me mad. Not know what it was but glad you fixed it..

chester 06-21-05 02:18 AM

TipBuddy Updated - 6/21/05 - v1.73

6/21/05 - v1.73
-fixed line doubling if you had any other mod installed which modified the tooltip's name
-fixed fade not working if you had another mod installed that did the same

Cairenn 06-21-05 01:09 PM

Request: Is there some way to have a text label stating faction standing, ie Friendly, Neutral, Hostile and another label stating PvP enabled or not PvP enabled? For those that have vision problems, whether colour blindness, eye degeneration for whatever reason, etc. Sometimes having the text label is easier than trying to decide if that is a red or green background, etc.

chester 06-21-05 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn
Request: Is there some way to have a text label stating faction standing, ie Friendly, Neutral, Hostile and another label stating PvP enabled or not PvP enabled? For those that have vision problems, whether colour blindness, eye degeneration for whatever reason, etc. Sometimes having the text label is easier than trying to decide if that is a red or green background, etc.

Cairenn, the faction icon that shows to the right indicated whether the PvP flag is set or not. I'll rename the option because I don't think that is clear.

As for the friendly/hostile stuff: I can add an option to append (friendly) text, etc to the name if you like. Or what do you think would work best?

Cairenn 06-21-05 05:29 PM

Aye, I knew that's what the little icon is for, but again, for folks with eye problems, it somehow needs to be more distinct, I think. For both it and the "friendly/hostile", I figured you could just give a toggle to either have them display or not. Placement ... /shrug ...

tankknat 06-21-05 11:17 PM

Chester, I have one thing to say about TipBuddy... and that is... This is the BEST tooltip mod i have used since wow came out... I have been using customtoolyip, but this one just hits the spot for me... keep up the great work...

Cairenn 06-25-05 07:56 PM

Chester, I've run into an error the last couple of days. I am not even positive what it is that I am targetting or attempting to do when the error message shows up, I haven't seen a pattern as of yet, although I am trying to watch for it. The error message is:

chester 06-26-05 11:57 AM

Cairenn, are you running v1.74 of TipBuddy?

Cairenn 06-26-05 12:05 PM

I am running the most recent one that you have upload here (WoWI).

chester 06-26-05 12:21 PM

Quote:

I am running the most recent one that you have upload here (WoWI).

Is that an old screenshot of an error? One from a previous version, maybe? Sorry, I know the error, but in v1.74, line 2228 is blank.

Thanks Cairenn.

chester 06-26-05 12:22 PM

AH! well let me upgrade WoWI to v1.74. The latest version here was 1.73. Just give me a sec...

Cairenn 06-26-05 12:30 PM

Thanks Chester

chester 06-26-05 04:37 PM

Quote:

Thanks Chester

Cairenn, let me know if that error shows up for you again with the newest version.

Cairenn 06-26-05 07:06 PM

I will, no fear. ;)

greggerojr 07-07-05 11:50 AM

Interface question - Tool Tip Text

1 Attachment(s)
I'm having a hard time isolating this little quirk. Notice in the picture that the text box for the bank items is cut off by the screen edge? I have deleted the layout and chat files from the WTF directory and just cant seem to straighten it out. Any ideas?

Remelio 07-07-05 01:09 PM

Not sure why deleting your layout files isn't fixing this for you, but to have the best control over it, I'd recommend using a mod for your tooltips like tipbuddy or something. You can grab tipbuddy here, or just look through the downloads section for tooltip mods.