WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   General WoW Chat (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Hating this new patch (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35429)

OldHarry 10-13-10 04:27 AM

Hating this new patch

So a whole day of down time for a big patch and it messed up every single toon. We lost carbonite and the ingame map just totally sucks. I have yet to see a single improvement. The way they ruined what they did to my low level mage means I may not level it. I mean they took conjure food, conjure water, the port she had, slowfall - took the feathers right out of the bag even. I have never seen Blizz do worse things in a patch.

Darxon 10-13-10 04:31 AM

It isnt Blizz fault that carbonite isnt updated :P
As far as mages go, there are alot of improvments, i think you have missed something ^^

Led ++ 10-13-10 04:38 AM

You just have to adapt, and that will probably be harder for leveling a new toon.

It's just a matter of time since we're used to the old way of spending talents, when we're getting which skills etc.

Petrah 10-13-10 07:14 AM

I also have a low level mage. You have to go train and learn your new spells. Conjure food/drink stuffs was available for me at the trainer in IF. Get your new portal thingies from your spell book and drag em on to your actionbar. There's two of them, one for portals and one for teleports. They're now dropdown (well, they go up) menu items. A definite improvement in my book because I no longer need an addon for it. And Mirror Image.. omg, I didn't have that before and just this second noticed I have it! Dude.. how can you say all of these changes are bad? It's awesome! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

If your feathers are missing then submit a ticket. Mine are there in my bag.

As for Carbonite... did you expect anything less from a semi abandoned addon?

Thus far all of the changes I've seen for all my toons has been great... accept hunters. I dunno what they were thinking there. :mad:

OldHarry 10-13-10 09:32 AM

They changed the level for conjure food, conjure water, slowfall and ports. But why did they go in and actually take items out of bags? A few hours later and I still have more toons to retrain, retalent a see what has changed for them. And lets not mention the serious lag on loading screens.

Gandoch 10-13-10 09:50 AM

You know patch notes have been available for ages, right? Logging in is not required to see what changed, nor should you be surprised by any of said changes.

Altarius 10-13-10 09:50 AM

Semi-abandoned?

Patience. I think that the developers have done a great job, and I am sure that with time there will be a new Carbonite. I sure will miss it until it gets here.

kasca 10-13-10 10:02 AM

I hate it. I need rejem everthing. I dont have any bonses on anyone of my toons. Yes i did before. I ran a random and my dps sucks. The toons i love to play all got screwed. Bliz sucked on this one. They changed way to much.

As for low lvl toons. I got a baby i may also dump. It almost impostable to lvl with the pt system. So what i see now i will NOT be makeing one the new races.

sjones321 10-13-10 10:30 AM

You guys need to remember that this patch is a precursor to Cataclysm. Having played in the beta for a while now I can assure you leveling a new toon has never been easier. Just because things have changed from what you are used to doesn't mean they don't fit the big picture. Especially saying you wont be making one of the new races is silly as Blizzard had done a ton to make them fun to start.

Just relax and remember that Blizzard is not doing this to piss you off, and that everything will all work out.

kasca 10-13-10 11:15 AM

Work out. Ya like fury warriors or beast hunters. Bliz dont care. They dont listen to what the players say. They take the easy way out so they can spend our money. There slowly killing a really cool game.

Petrah 10-13-10 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kasca (Post 209267)
Work out. Ya like fury warriors or beast hunters. Bliz dont care. They dont listen to what the players say. They take the easy way out so they can spend our money. There slowly killing a really cool game.

If you want to make a difference then post in the official suggestions forum. Before you claim that this doesn't work, take a look at the completed suggestions that Blizz has implemented already. If enough people suggest a beneficial change for everyone that does not go against the desired outcome of the game, then they will implement that change.

Whining about it here, in trade chat, or anywhere else other than the suggestions forums does nothing but incite irritation for the rest of us.

voodoodad 10-13-10 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kasca (Post 209267)

Actually, I'm a BM hunter, and I'm quite happy with the changes. The talents that I wanted are still there, and the ones that were superfluous are gone for the most part. My dps is better now than pre-patch.

I'm not sure where your nerd-rage is coming from, but if you no longer like the game... well you know.... quit...

OldHarry 10-13-10 02:24 PM

You know it actually does help to vent a bit. I do love the game and probably spend more time than most playing. Going in to re-talent and untangle 8 toons is getting tedious. I am afraid to see what they did to my shammy. I do think though that smaller patches would work much better and have suggested that on the WoW forums before.

Nobgul 10-13-10 02:35 PM

I have 14 level 80 toons, With that being said I am taking it 1 at a time. The glyph buying process is very expensive on my server but eh. Overall I have not seen anything that has made me go OMFG I QUIT!. There are several things that we all have gotten used to over the past few years that did change, but with everything in life you will get use to it.

If you are complaining that your dps is lower then you have failed to do your research and or check new skills/talents. From what I saw last night most classes are either on par with what they were or at a higher dps.

@OldHarry

Love my resto shammy now! Healed a Ulduar 10 hard mode run last night and it was great. Going oom Oh Noes! I Know Lightning Bolt a few times and whoosh I have mana. IMHO a 300 mana spell cast that gives back 4-7k mana is great.

Xinhuan 10-13-10 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldHarry (Post 209398)
You know it actually does help to vent a bit. I do love the game and probably spend more time than most playing. Going in to re-talent and untangle 8 toons is getting tedious. I am afraid to see what they did to my shammy. I do think though that smaller patches would work much better and have suggested that on the WoW forums before.

There in lies the problem, you're trying to relearn 8 toons at one go. The class changes are so massive, it will take you at least a day just to relearn one class. Take it easy, one toon per day at a time.

:)

Cyn325 10-14-10 01:42 PM

or even a couple days for a toon in the case of ones with dual spec. My daughter has a few of those. She is having to learn how to play her paladin all over because of the massive changes they made to them. Even her other healing class toons....they've changed so much in how to heal with them that she's finding it a bit confusing trying to figure out when to use what spells. The ones she was used to using for certain things now do different things. Even playing a BM hunter isn't all that easy anymore. There's a couple new things to add into a basic rotation even for them. I don't think there is going to be a whole lot of "face-rolling" anymore lol. At least they dumped this on us with plenty of time to get used to the new mechanics before cata comes out.

OldHarry 10-15-10 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xinhuan (Post 209429)
There in lies the problem, you're trying to relearn 8 toons at one go. The class changes are so massive, it will take you at least a day just to relearn one class. Take it easy, one toon per day at a time.

:)

How about my growing frustration and anger are not due to relearning toons. How about they are due to loading screens taking 5 minutes, game freezing up, lag so bad you can't fix your action bars because the lag screws up the simple act of trying to drag a spell out of your spellbook. I have a toon I am trying to play that I am fine with the talents, fine with the changes but I can't do **** because of the LAG. And the WoW forum is now saying if you use a mac you need to upgrade to snow leopard or wait a month. YES I AM PISSED AND GETTING MORESO THE LONGER I WAIT.

THIS IS THE WORST PATCH EVER.

Seerah 10-15-10 12:17 PM

Did you turn down your video settings?

OldHarry 10-15-10 02:44 PM

Turning down the video settings was the very first thing I did.

vscott 10-15-10 03:03 PM

I just had to say something. I usually just watch posts and listen. But if you are complaining about mages, you really did not learn your class. ALL CASTERS ARE SERIOUSLY OP RIGHT NOW. You should be thanking bliz right now that they balanced the game based on level 85 which means more mana more health and more dps for you. As a mage for my whole wow career I have never seen them having the same leveling speed as a hunter or pally or something. You are literally two shoting stuff. So why no conjure food/water? YOU KILL **** TOO FAST, and if you just spend a few silver on vendor food will last you a lot longer then pre patch. STOP QQ MORE PEW PEW!!!!!

OldHarry 10-15-10 03:10 PM

I am complaining about an inability to play any toon because of the intense lag issues, freeze ups and game performance. It took me 6 hours to respec 6 toons because of lag and the game freezing up. I have no idea what any of my toons can do ingame right now because of the way the game is lagging and freezing. It is literally taking 5 minutes on the loading screen. I touch my mouse to something in the spellbook in preparation to drag it onto the action bar and with the lag it does not make it to the bar. It is taking a minimum of 6 tries to move a single item on the spell bars. It takes 45 seconds to open a bag.

I have a toon that is a jc - s omething that is in real demand right now but with the lag I can't do **** with him. How would you like it if the jc you handed your blank stone over too lagged out and you lost your stone?

vscott 10-15-10 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldHarry (Post 209144)
I mean they took conjure food, conjure water, the port she had, slowfall - took the feathers right out of the bag even.

Well i was talking about this part. But if you having lag issues I can feel your concern. But as a downright mage fan I don't think you should give up on them. Give it a bit the game is glitchy on my high end system too. So I am almost sure it is on bliz side. They will fix it......maybe?

Also I have had mats lost from tailoring, leatherworking, and mining. But, no more then 3 hours later I got all my stuff back. So I was pissed. I literally opened a ticket, cussed and fussed while my wife looked at me like a mad man, turned the game off, played imobster on my android, ate some food, watch 2 episodes of house, logged in, and found that my stuff was back with bliz giving me a nice lil note. I will say that was the fastest they ever responded to me.

Petrah 10-15-10 04:09 PM

Obviously there is something going on with the patch. However, I don't seem to be affected by this lag everyone else is getting. I do, however, think that half of these people who are experiencing these issues more than likely need to either update their video cards (along with a better CPU), or doing something as simple as getting updated drivers for their system. They did after all make changes to the games graphic engine (the updated water graphics just to name one) and Wow will push your system to the limit.

People bitched about the exact same things when the pre-patch was release for WotLK.... where Blizz did the same thing, updated the games graphic engine. Once everyone updated drivers and/or updated their systems it was all good. I'm not saying there aren't some glitches that Blizz needs to fix. But the fact of the matter is is that not everyone is affected by it.

Dawn 10-15-10 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petrah (Post 211030)
Obviously there is something going on with the patch. However, I don't seem to be affected by this lag everyone else is getting. I do, however, think that half of these people who are experiencing these issues more than likely need to either update their video cards (along with a better CPU), or doing something as simple as getting updated drivers for their system. They did after all make changes to the games graphic engine (the updated water graphics just to name one) and Wow will push your system to the limit.

People bitched about the exact same things when the pre-patch was release for WotLK.... where Blizz did the same thing, updated the games graphic engine. Once everyone updated drivers and/or updated their systems it was all good. I'm not saying there aren't some glitches that Blizz needs to fix. But the fact of the matter is is that not everyone is affected by it.

I can't agree more. :)

I'm hating this patch though, but mainly for bugged nameplates. :p

Minerv 10-15-10 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawn (Post 211032)

This! Now u realise how much u've actually used them. ;P

OldHarry 10-15-10 04:49 PM

I did check for updates for my drivers. I have tried every single "fix" on the wow forum and am not getting enough improvement in game play to make it playable.

Petrah 10-15-10 05:20 PM

They don't yet have a listing for Cata, but choose Wotlk from the dropdown menu and let it scan your hardware. What's it say for min and max?

http://canyourunit.com

Seerah 10-15-10 09:39 PM

I completely forgot until now about a problem I was having with my ATI driver that Windows Update had given me. It made the game so laggy while hardware cursor was enabled that I had to disable it. I finally came across some error about something with my driver in a log file that I went to the actual ATI site to check for drivers. Windows Update was a version behind. It gave me 10.8 when 10.9 came out. I noticed in the 10.9 patch notes that there was a fix for WoW hardware cursor under Windows 7.

So... If you're checking in Windows Update for driver updates, go to the website for that product instead.

yssaril 10-15-10 09:49 PM

also make sure that you don't have any addons that are constantly erroring out in the back (if you have lua errors disabled)

try running the game without any addons to see if you still lag

MidgetMage55 10-15-10 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seerah (Post 211179)
I completely forgot until now about a problem I was having with my ATI driver that Windows Update had given me. It made the game so laggy while hardware cursor was enabled that I had to disable it. I finally came across some error about something with my driver in a log file that I went to the actual ATI site to check for drivers. Windows Update was a version behind. It gave me 10.8 when 10.9 came out. I noticed in the 10.9 patch notes that there was a fix for WoW hardware cursor under Windows 7.

So... If you're checking in Windows Update for driver updates, go to the website for that product instead.

This is a good rule for updating anything that is not specific to the OS. For any hardware its always best to get the driver from the source. I've never had much luck getting windows update to get the right drivers since as far back as windows 95 :(

Rosalyne 10-15-10 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldHarry (Post 210756)
How about my growing frustration and anger are not due to relearning toons. How about they are due to loading screens taking 5 minutes, game freezing up, lag so bad you can't fix your action bars because the lag screws up the simple act of trying to drag a spell out of your spellbook. I have a toon I am trying to play that I am fine with the talents, fine with the changes but I can't do **** because of the LAG. And the WoW forum is now saying if you use a mac you need to upgrade to snow leopard or wait a month. YES I AM PISSED AND GETTING MORESO THE LONGER I WAIT.

THIS IS THE WORST PATCH EVER.

That is utter nonsense about having to upgrade to Snow Leopard. I'm using Tiger, and apart from not being able to increase most of my video settings (which is fine because my computer is old and can't handle them anyway), the game is playing fine. I'm not getting any lag whatsoever, and the only freeze I've had was addon related. ATSW threw a fit tonight when I tried to open my tailoring window.

Peyana 10-15-10 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyn325 (Post 210024)
or even a couple days for a toon in the case of ones with dual spec. My daughter has a few of those. She is having to learn how to play her paladin all over because of the massive changes they made to them. Even her other healing class toons....they've changed so much in how to heal with them that she's finding it a bit confusing trying to figure out when to use what spells. The ones she was used to using for certain things now do different things. Even playing a BM hunter isn't all that easy anymore. There's a couple new things to add into a basic rotation even for them. I don't think there is going to be a whole lot of "face-rolling" anymore lol. At least they dumped this on us with plenty of time to get used to the new mechanics before cata comes out.

BUT......the servers have to be up in order to do that. This is the 3rd night in a row that I have been patiently re-speccing, re-talenting, etc. and BOOM--the server goes down. In fact tonight, not only did the server go down, but you can't even get on WoW's website. Something bad has happened I'm thinking.

Cyn325 10-16-10 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyana (Post 211214)
BUT......the servers have to be up in order to do that. This is the 3rd night in a row that I have been patiently re-speccing, re-talenting, etc. and BOOM--the server goes down. In fact tonight, not only did the server go down, but you can't even get on WoW's website. Something bad has happened I'm thinking.

My daughter have been avoiding wow last couple of days because of lag & jerky movement. Nothing we have tried (drivers, etc) has helped. We basically log on to see how bad it is, try to play a bit, then end up quitting for the day. The jerky movement actually makes my daughter a bit nauseous so she has no choice but to quit. I just hope they figure out soon what is causing all these probs for so many people so they can get them fixed.

stormkeep 10-16-10 04:15 AM

For some people experiencing the jerkyness and lag it is because they started playing the game before the patch was complete...something you could not do before but you can now. It's a very long patch process, so if you turn off your computer when you aren't playing and it hasn't finished yet it could be affecting people days later.

If that's not the issue, and all drivers are updated, try turning shadows and/or water effects down a notch or two. Those are the biggest killers of frame rates.

I've been lucky and the game has run flawlessly for me since the patch. At first I thought I took a frame rate hit as my fps was never going over 100, but then I saw that the new frame rate limiters were enabled by default. Same performance as I had before with everything set to Ultra except water which I set to High.

My only complaint with the patch is that with all of the talent resets and glyph and gear changes it's going to take me at least until next weekend to get through all of my toons and get things set back up to be playable. Other than that, I'm happy as a clam.

Tithulta 10-17-10 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kasca (Post 209236)

As for low lvl toons. It almost impossible to lvl with the pt system. So what i see now i will NOT be making one the new races.

Not really I gained 3 levels today on my fury warrior( also protection since they were nice enough to lower dual spec cost). My80 ret pally dps stinks, but my lvl54 prot pally rocks. I hate the time invested the last 6 year will have to be reLearned since all classes changed to some extent. Sucks, but if your not willing to learn something new then quit.

Tithulta 10-17-10 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petrah (Post 211030)

All true, but what people probably aren't check in that the new UI has a high default video settings. When i first logged in on my old Main pc i was pulling 1.9fps. Turn video option all down except where it was important and frame jumped to 28fps.

Darxon 10-17-10 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawn (Post 211032)
I can't agree more. :)

i read somwhere about the nameplates that this should fix the issue:
/console bloattest 1
/console spreadnameplates 0

dunno if it works, my nameplates worked fine after, but that might have been just luck :P

carebear. 10-20-10 03:03 AM

This patch is one of the best yet.

It's finally going to make people use their brain and work together as a team. Tanking is much more fun and you have to take control of your group more so than before.
I re-keybound my 'Skull' 'X' 'Moon' marks and make sure the group know that they have to use single target unless they want to die because of the AOE threat nerf.

Healing is much more enjoyable too. It's slightly harder than it will be in cataclysm because of the lower health pools that we have. But it too makes you need to think more about what you're doing, who you're healing and which spell you're using otherwise you'll run your mana dry.

Overall I say it's about time. People need time to adapt though and they will do so in time. We just need to wait.