WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Class Discussions (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Do temporary weapon enchantments still exist? (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50101)

Choonstertwo 10-15-14 09:43 PM

Do temporary weapon enchantments still exist?
 
A long time ago (back in Cataclysm), I wrote a DataBroker plugin that tracked Rogue poisons and Shaman weapon imbues using GetWeaponEnchantInfo.

In the process of updating it for 6.0, I've struggled to find a temporary weapon enchantment that still exists. Shaman imbues have been removed and Rogue poisons have been converted to regular self-buffs.

Does anyone know of a temporary weapon enchant that's still around or is my AddOn completely useless now?

d87 10-15-14 09:51 PM

Officially they still exist, like old sharpening stones, but i doubt they'll ever become relevant again

Choonstertwo 10-15-14 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d87 (Post 297972)
Officially they still exist, like old sharpening stones, but i doubt they'll ever become relevant again

I suspected that might be the case. Thanks.

Fizzlemizz 10-15-14 10:04 PM

I Hadn't noticed but not even the Shaman temp. enchants made it this time :(.

Phanx 10-15-14 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fizzlemizz (Post 297975)
I Hadn't noticed but not even the Shaman temp. enchants made it this time :(.

I consider this a positive change. It wasn't like you actually changed which enchants you used based on the situation (other than Frostbrand, which is still available in some other form I think) so it was just yet another thing you needed to keep track of and reapply every X minutes or after every wipe. Not interesting or meaningful, just tedious.

Fizzlemizz 10-15-14 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanx (Post 297976)
I consider this a positive change. It wasn't like you actually changed which enchants you used based on the situation (other than Frostbrand, which is still available in some other form I think) so it was just yet another thing you needed to keep track of and reapply every X minutes or after every wipe. Not interesting or meaningful, just tedious.

I was really just remembering how much time I spent figuring out how to get temp. enchants working again in DUF. The vagaries of the crazed mind :). My poor old Shaman is sorely neglected these days.

Jarod24 10-16-14 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d87 (Post 297972)
Officially they still exist, like old sharpening stones, but i doubt they'll ever become relevant again

Fishing rods and their lures. They return enchant data.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:26 AM.

vBulletin © 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd
© 2004 - 2020 MMOUI