WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chit-Chat (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Of lawns and monitors (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51860)

Phanx 02-02-15 12:11 AM

Of lawns and monitors
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JonJonz (Post 305911)
FYI, If you run Elvui, you have the option for Elvui do provide the same functionality.

This thread is over a year old. Bumping it to advertise some other addon is not really good forum etiquette.

10leej 02-02-15 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanx (Post 305935)
This thread is over a year old. Bumping it to advertise some other addon is not really good forum etiquette.

the magical powers of google search

Phanx 02-02-15 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10leej (Post 305936)
the magical powers of google search

There's no box on Google to submit a post. Even if you got to a thread from Google, you presumably actually read the thread before posting (unless you're just a spammer looking for any random thread to post your spam in) which means there's really no excuse for you not having read the dates next to the posts.

10leej 02-02-15 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanx (Post 305938)
There's no box on Google to submit a post. Even if you got to a thread from Google, you presumably actually read the thread before posting (unless you're just a spammer looking for any random thread to post your spam in) which means there's really no excuse for you not having read the dates next to the posts.

Yeah but who does that anymore?

Phanx 02-02-15 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10leej (Post 305941)
Yeah but who does that anymore?

Damn kids, get off my lawn!

JDoubleU00 02-02-15 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanx (Post 305971)
Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Umm, you are not that old that you can use that phrase. Of course if you actually have a lawn and kids are on it...

Phanx 02-02-15 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocnroll (Post 305981)
Umm, you are not that old that you can use that phrase. Of course if you actually have a lawn and kids are on it...

Alas, apartments with lawns are just so hard to find. :p

10leej 02-03-15 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanx (Post 305983)
Alas, apartments with lawns are just so hard to find. :p

I have a lawn with my apartment...........

Also finally dumped that CRT monitor I was using.

JDoubleU00 02-03-15 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanx (Post 305983)
Alas, apartments with lawns are just so hard to find. :p

Some parts of California have painted rocks for a lawn. :eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10leej (Post 305996)
I have a lawn with my apartment...........

Also finally dumped that CRT monitor I was using.

Welcome to the 20th century. :rolleyes:

Torhal 02-03-15 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocnroll (Post 306008)
Welcome to the 20th century. :rolleyes:

This is the 21st century...

Rilgamon 02-03-15 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torhal (Post 306016)
This is the 21st century...

Dumping CRT was 20th century ;)

Torhal 02-03-15 01:42 PM

No way! I had a CRT until 2007!

JDoubleU00 02-03-15 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torhal (Post 306016)
This is the 21st century...

Yes, but CRTs are not. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torhal (Post 306022)
No way! I had a CRT until 2007!

Welcome to current technology. :rolleyes:

Phanx 02-03-15 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torhal (Post 306022)
No way! I had a CRT until 2007!

I bet you only kept it so you could press the degauss button for the fun sound it made!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocnroll (Post 306008)
Some parts of California have painted rocks for a lawn. :eek:

There's a tree and a bunch of ivy in between my apartment building and the sidewalk, does that count?

10leej 02-04-15 12:07 AM

/threadde-railed

Torhal 02-04-15 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanx (Post 306040)
I bet you only kept it so you could press the degauss button for the fun sound it made!

Nah, I was poor. A 17" CRT in 2007, FFS!

Phanx 02-05-15 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torhal (Post 306092)
Nah, I was poor. A 17" CRT in 2007, FFS!

Only 17 inches?! How did you live?!

Though I guess now that I think about it, I had a CRT up until 2005... but it was 20". That thing was a monster to move around. Replaced it with a 23" LED, which was joined by a 27" LED in 2009 or so, and has now been replaced by another 27" LED since the poor little guy developed a permanent green pixel. :p

10leej 02-05-15 01:09 PM

I'm rocking a 27inch 4k display right now. Beautiful. although it seems that wowinterface loads stuper tiny. (No HiDPI support yet????) So I don't use the 4k when I'm not doing any editing/gaming work.

Phanx 02-05-15 03:13 PM

I considered 4k when I picked up the second 27" last year, but decided it wasn't worth the extra cost, since I'd just have to zoom in on web pages twice as much, and would have even more problems with programs not respecting the Windows DPI settings. Not looking forward to the situation in 20 or 30 years when I'm literally blind. :(

10leej 02-06-15 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanx (Post 306130)
I considered 4k when I picked up the second 27" last year, but decided it wasn't worth the extra cost, since I'd just have to zoom in on web pages twice as much, and would have even more problems with programs not respecting the Windows DPI settings. Not looking forward to the situation in 20 or 30 years when I'm literally blind. :(

I've been making efficient use of the zoom options available in compiz for me. But then again I'm on Linux and haven't really used windows on my own in almost... two years.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:19 AM.

vBulletin © 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd
© 2004 - 2017 MMOUI