WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbonite: Quests Module (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Battle pet tooltips disappearing [FIXED] (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58415)

silverdreams 11-27-20 06:00 PM

Battle pet tooltips disappearing [FIXED]
 
Hello! I have been experiencing a really weird issue for a while now. On my most used characters (my mains basically, but not my less played alts), if I hover my cursor over a battle pet item anywhere (in my bags, in my bank, in the auction house, in altoholic... everywhere), the tooltip pops up normally, but then disappears within less than a second. There is no lua error. If I move the cursor away and then back again, it does the same thing again. I am really into collecting battle pets, so it's really quite inconvenient. :(

I have spent a lot of time trying to identify the exact source of the issue, and I've narrowed it down to my two mains (as I said), and Carbonite Quests. On my mains, if I turn off every single addon except Carbonite Maps and Carbonite Quests, the issue occurs. It doesn't occur with only Carbonite Maps turned on, and it doesn't occur either with or without all other my other addons except Carbonite Quests turned on. So it definitely looks like something to do with Carbonite Quests.

I've tried examining the saved variables for Carbonite and for Carbonite Quests, trying to find something markedly different in the data for my mains vs the data for my alts, but it's a LOT of data and nothing is jumping out at me. Any idea what might be going on, or what other steps I can try? I'm reluctant to completely remove the saved variables and start over since I'll lose a lot of data that way. :(

ircdirk 11-28-20 06:13 AM

Some one before wrote about something simmilar... but the problem is that i cant reproduce this problem. At my main and alts everthing with this tooltip works fine :( Will try again but i cant promise any thing...

Xrystal 11-28-20 06:58 AM

I've had this affect before and I haven't used Carbonite since the early days. When this happens ( it disappears too quickly to read ) I rotate the viewpoint slightly until the display stays. Its possible that it is some mouse hovering over a hidden element or on screen selectable object that is the problem.

silverdreams 11-30-20 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ircdirk (Post 337730)
Some one before wrote about something simmilar... but the problem is that i cant reproduce this problem. At my main and alts everthing with this tooltip works fine :( Will try again but i cant promise any thing...

Is there a logical method I could use to selectively reset parts of the affected toons' saved variables, and check ingame after each to see if the problem persists? I've looked at the main saved variables file for Carbonite, but it's very large and it doesn't seem to be in any sort of order.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xrystal (Post 337732)
I've had this affect before and I haven't used Carbonite since the early days. When this happens ( it disappears too quickly to read ) I rotate the viewpoint slightly until the display stays. Its possible that it is some mouse hovering over a hidden element or on screen selectable object that is the problem.

I've definitely seen what you're describing before, but it doesn't seem to be the case here. The issue is happening regardless of the item's position on the screen.

ircdirk 12-01-20 01:07 AM

Ok, found it. Try latest alpha release from github, it should be fixed now ;)

silverdreams 12-01-20 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ircdirk (Post 337762)
Ok, found it. Try latest alpha release from github, it should be fixed now ;)

:eek: Woot! It's fixed! Thank you so much! :D Donation incoming! :D

ircdirk 12-02-20 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverdreams (Post 337769)
:eek: Woot! It's fixed! Thank you so much! :D Donation incoming! :D

Yeah it was something else than before. It was easier to find and fix ;)

If u want to send me a beer =>

silverdreams 12-05-20 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ircdirk (Post 337770)
Yeah it was something else than before. It was easier to find and fix ;)

If u want to send me a beer =>

I hope what I sent you is enough for a couple beers. 🍻

I'd like to update the post title. Should I say "solved", or "fixed", or something else?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:57 AM.

vBulletin © 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd
© 2004 - 2020 MMOUI