WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Help/Support (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   LitePanels is... Green (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55583)

Ewendra 07-20-17 07:01 AM

LitePanels is... Green

Hi,

I began playing WoW again recently after quite a long pause.

I spent quite a bit of time updating my addons, of course. My UI is now mostly ok, without too much work, as most of the addons I use are still maintained. One is still causing problems though : LitePanels.

My panels are showing, but the borders are always green. Like so (LitePanels around CoolLine) :

I want it to be my classes' color. That used to work.

Is there anything I can do? Did anyone have the problem and fix it? I tried a bunch of stuff in the core.lua file, but I don't know much about Lua and WoW API so that didn't really work. Google haven't been helpful either.

I really liked my UI so having to change it would be quite a bummer. Alternatively, though (like if nothing can fix the addon), is there any addon I could turn to with minimal effort? Like, an addon where I could copy/paste my current layout in. For example, I hate kgpanel's in-game config.

Thank you for any help you may offer! I'm sorry for any mistake, English is not my native language.

Kanegasi 07-20-17 07:43 AM

The bright green color is the default "unable to load texture" response by the game. Texture functions were recently changed, causing errors in addons that make custom textures. Are you sure that addon has recently been updated? Have you tried installing the version you previously had? Is the addon missing any libs?

jeffy162 07-20-17 12:28 PM

Not too surprising since Lite Panels hasn't been updated (I only checked here at WoWI unfortunately) since 6/30/2011. I DID check Curse.com earlier, but couldn't find it there.

Imagine that, an addon that's 6 YEAR'S OUT OF DATE doesn't work properly. Hmmm........

Fizzlemizz 07-20-17 12:52 PM

You could probably fix it by changing all occurences of
Code:

xxx:SetTexture(1,1,1,1)
or
Code:

xxx:SetTexture(bg_r,bg_g,bg_b,f.bg_alpha or d.bg_alpha)
too
Code:

xxx:SetVertexColor(1,1,1,1)
or
Code:

xxx:SetVertexColor(bg_r,bg_g,bg_b,f.bg_alpha or d.bg_alpha)

Ewendra 07-21-17 02:32 AM

Thank you Fizzlemizz, that was a good guess, but that unfortunately didn't work (now nothing displays at all).

As jeffy162 mentioned, I'm not too surprised. The addon is really old now, but I had to try, as I really like it.

Do you have any alternative addon to suggest, to get similar results?

jeffy162 07-21-17 05:24 AM

Well, you COULD try kgPanels. You might download it from WoWAce to try it out. WoWAce is where kgPanels has all of its alpha\beta versions posted (they may have them here, also, but I don't know :o ).

(stick with WoWAce - it's not up-to-date here) kgPanels

Seerah 07-21-17 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewendra (Post 324264)
Thank you Fizzlemizz, that was a good guess, but that unfortunately didn't work (now nothing displays at all).

As jeffy162 mentioned, I'm not too surprised. The addon is really old now, but I had to try, as I really like it.

Do you have any alternative addon to suggest, to get similar results?

Are you getting any errors? Regardless of errors or no, there's a chance you may have done the change incorrectly. (If that is indeed the correct fix for the issue.)

Fizzlemizz 07-21-17 09:35 AM

The change if done correctly should not stop panels from showing so as Seerah mentioned, check for errors.
If you changed line 183 from SetTexture too SetVertexColor, change it back. It is the line that assigns the image.

KgPanels or Discord Art do pretty much the same thing as LitePanels but both have an interface for creating your artwork.

Folkien 07-25-17 02:45 AM

In order to fix LitePanels for Legion, you have to change
Code:

SetTexture
in lines 183, 206 and 211 to
Code:

SetColorTexture

Ewendra 07-27-17 11:44 AM

Thanks everyone! Your fixes combined actually worked! My good ol' panels are working, good as new!