WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=119)
-   -   Carbonite out of date (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52362)

mtpconst 06-10-15 08:02 PM

Carbonite out of date

OK I am sure I will get a lot of heckling or even scolding for not being computer literate but I can not load Carbonite, maps or quests, without loading them (out of date) what am I missing. I looked at the git. hub (if I am even saying that right) and never felt confident enough to try and load anything there that is why I waited until I could get it from Curse or Wow Interface. My version is 6.0.1 thanks

jeffy162 06-11-15 02:52 PM

Well, the dev version used to be 60100 and good to go on live servers. BUT, something happened there and the dev version is now the PTR (60200) version. AND, they've got a PTR link in the dropdown, which makes no sense. So, where is the dev version for live? THAT would help a lot. But maybe I'm just too old, now, and can't figure it out.

Thrumbar 06-11-15 06:58 PM

The PTR if I am correct has some changes that would break the live/Dev release. All the changes that would not break live are in DEV. We are just waiting for 6.2 to go live for a release. :cool:

Thrumbar

jeffy162 06-11-15 07:25 PM

Then why does the dev version have an interface number of 60200??? That's the PTR interface number. If I'm not mistaken it will be out-of-date if you try it on live servers because they are not up to 60200 yet. They are only up to 6.1.2.19865 (or an interface number of 60100). The PTR is up to 6.2.0.20130 (or an interface number of 60200).

Thrumbar 06-11-15 11:00 PM

Rythal moved most of the updates to DEV already after he created the PTR. If I am correst he left the parts that broke the live current 6.1.2 on PTR and will move that when the 6.2 goes live. :eek:

I could be wrong though but most the errors and the version has been updated for the release of 6.2 on dev but certain code as per my bug report in Git.

Thrumbar

jeffy162 06-12-15 07:52 AM

Well, it's confusing, that's for sure. But, that's the way it is. Thanks for explaining it, anyway. :o

@ mtpconst: Sorry I hijacked your post.

Rythal 06-12-15 10:13 AM

PTR branch was created so I could work on the changes for PTR.

Once I had it working, I then tested all the changes against 6.1.2 and found no errors or problems except the green Jungle tiles so I merged PTR into Dev. I should have deleted PTR branch at that time but left it for next time it's needed.

Dev branch .toc files I left for 6.2 as it is a development version that I never had any intentions or plans of releasing until 6.2 is live, and 6.2 has been where I am focusing most of my attention on being ready for.

jeffy162 06-12-15 03:27 PM

Thanks for the explanation Rythal. That makes sense, at least. Now I know. It doesn't mean anything, but I know. :o